Why is Paramount Plus not working on Sky Q? Well, you’re not the only one with this issue!
The problems with the installed Sky Q applications often originate from outdated Sky firmware or corrupted application files.
To identify the reason for the outage with Paramount Plus, the first step is to review the underlying causes and then produce potent troubleshooting solutions.
To fix whenever Paramount Plus is not working on Sky Q, power cycle the streaming box and update the system’s firmware. If the issue is still there, check for any Sky outages, restore the TV box’s Wi-Fi connection, and perform a factory reset to refresh the system.
Let’s keep unwrapping!
Why is Paramount Plus Not Working On Sky Q?
Here are the top reasons preventing Paramount Plus from working on your Sky Q box:
Unfortunately, on Sky Q/Glass, you cannot remove and reinstall applications, which makes troubleshooting harder.
The firmware updates of all apps are also remotely from Sky, and the user has little to no control over the storage of the Sky equipment!
However, we’ve found many ways to solve the Paramount problem!
Paramount Plus On Sky Q Not Working – 6 Proven Ways to Fix!
Tip: Follow our steps chronologically!
1. Identify an Ongoing Sky Outage!
If Paramount Plus is not accessible on Sky Q, no other installed applications may work either.
This could be because of an ongoing outage with the Sky service, and there’s an online tool on the official Sky website that allows users to identify if their service is also impacted.
Here’s how to use the online Sky tool to check for an ongoing service outage:
- Navigate to sky.com on your mobile device or PC/laptop.
- Then, press the “Help” tab from the top of the page menu.
- Next, select “Service Status” and wait to get redirected.
- Next, press “Check Status” under the “Sky TV” bubble.
- Sign in to your Sky user account with your credentials.
- Check if there’s a reported outage with the Sky TV service.
Sky outages typically last several hours and could impact every user in the affected area differently.
To test if the outage has deactivated other applications on your Sky Q TV box, attempt to launch all installed platforms and determine if only Paramount Plus is affected.
Note: If only Paramount Plus won’t work and there is no Sky outage, the issue is with the app!
2. Power Cycle Your Sky Setup!
To address any non-lasting issues with the installed applications on your Sky Q device, it is advised to restart the OS by unplugging the cable box from power.
The “power cycle” is an effective type of reset that will restore the functionality of Paramount Plus on your Sky box.
Follow these instructions to reboot the Sky system by conducting a power cycle:
- Press the power button on the Sky remote control.
- Unplug the power cable of the Sky Q box from power.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the box is disconnected.
- Reconnect the power cord of the box into an outlet.
- Press “power” on the remote to turn on the Sky box.
- Next, select “Paramount Plus” from the apps section.
Tip: Power cycle the connected TV and the Sky Q box to resolve potential HDMI issues!
3. Restore the Sky Q Wi-Fi Connection
A secure and reliable Wi-Fi connection is mandatory for accessing online streaming platforms on any TV box, mobile device, and TV.
Hence, the next step is to verify that the Sky Q TV box has successfully established a connection to your home Wi-Fi network by checking the options.
How to Connect Sky Q to Sky Broadband?
Note: Follow the instructions below if you have an installed Sky Q broadband hub!
- Navigate to “Settings” > “Setup” > “Network” on the Sky Q box.
- Once in the network tab, highlight and select the “Reset” option.
- Press “Confirm” to re-establish a connection with the Sky hub.
- If the setup fails, press “Connect to Sky Broadband Wi-Fi”.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to establish a connection.
How to Connect Sky Q to a Broadband Provider?
Note: Follow the instructions below if your router is from another service provider!
- Navigate to “Settings” using the Sky Q remote control.
- Scroll down to “Settings” and scroll down to “Setup”.
- From the menu, highlight and select the “Network” tab.
- Select “Connect to Wi-Fi from another broadband.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to the Wi-Fi.
Tip: The Sky Q box also has an Ethernet port, allowing a wired connection with the router!
How to Test Sky Q Box On Mobile Hotspot?
If the TV box won’t stay persistently connected to the home network, a clever way to identify issues is to connect the streaming device to your phone’s hotspot.
You must enable the “Personal Hotspot” from your phone’s settings and connect your Sky Q to a different WiFi.
To connect with a hotspot, go to “Settings” > “Setup” > “Network” > “Connect to Wi-Fi from another broadband provider”.
Note: After selecting the hotspot, input the hotspot password in the device’s settings!
4. Refresh the Sky Q Applications!
Since all applications available on the Sky Q are built into the software, it is currently impossible to uninstall or update the platforms individually.
However, a feature allows you to refresh all Sky applications, check for the newest firmware, and rebuild any corrupted app files.
Here’s how to refresh all applications available on the Sky Q TV box:
- Highlight the “Settings” tab in the side menu of the Sky box.
- Press “0,” “0,” and “1” on the remote control and then “Select”.
- Choose “Refresh All Apps on this box” in the action menu.
- Wait for the Sky Q TV box to rebuild all installed applications.
It’s imperative not to unplug or shut down the Sky Q TV box once the application refresh has started.
The process could take up to 2-3 minutes, based on the TV box’s performance and the amount of apps for repair or update.
Once the check refresh is complete, test Paramount Plus!
Note: You will be signed out from the Paramount Plus application on your Sky Q.
5. Update the Sky Q TV Box System!
Paramount Plus may be refusing to work if the Sky Q TV box is not functioning on the most current firmware available.
There’s a method to manually update the TV box software through the settings, as long as the connection with the Wi-Fi or via Ethernet is reliable and secure.
Follow these instructions to update the operating system of the Sky Q box:
- Navigate to the Settings of the Sky Q TV box.
- Choose “Setup” by scrolling down in the menu.
- Click “Software Download” and start the search.
- The firmware search may take up to 10 minutes.
Once the firmware check is complete, the update will start automatically. You can track the progress of the firmware update by visiting the “Software Download” section in the settings of the Sky Q TV box.
The TV box system will reboot once the firmware installation is completed.
Alert: Do not unplug or start other processes on the Sky Q box while the update is ongoing!
6. Restore the Sky Q to Factory Defaults
If you’re still dealing with the Paramount Plus problem on your Sky Q, you should perform the factory reset process on your TV box.
This process will erase all files on the TV box and restore the factory value of all system settings, which should resolve the Paramount problems!
Tip: Back up any files or settings you would like to keep!
Here’s how to factory reset the Sky Q TV box in easy steps:
- Press the “Home” button on the Sky Q remote control.
- Navigate to “Settings” from the side menu on the left.
- Press “001” on the remote to access the reset menu.
- Scroll down and press “Select” to proceed to reset.
- Highlight and select the “Factory Reset” menu option.
Note: After the factory reset, you will be prompted to set up the Sky system from scratch!
Hence, to fix whenever Paramount Plus not working on Sky Q, power cycle the Sky Q box and update the firmware of the streaming player.
If Paramount Plus is still not accessible, refresh all applications on the Sky Q system and conduct a factory reset on the receiver.
Follow us for more Sky Q troubleshooting!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.