Are you wondering why your Deco app not showing devices? Well, continue reading!
Using the Deco mobile app with your TP-Link Deco mesh is a great way to control and keep track of your home Wi-Fi system remotely.
However, the trouble comes when your Deco app fails to display the connected devices. Luckily, there are different proven ways to address this!
If the TP-Link Deco app is not showing all devices, inspect the internet connection, reboot your system, reinstall the TP-Link Deco app, and perform a full reset.
Let’s now move further and learn about the troubleshooting steps!
How to Fix When Deco App Not Showing Devices?
If your Deco app is not showing the devices on your network, then something went wrong with your Wi-Fi system or Deco app.
No matter what the underlying reason is, below we are going to unwrap different best solutions to help you quickly fix this problem.
1. Check your Network Connection
The first thing you must check is the network connection on your mobile device.
It is crucial to ensure that your mobile and Deco devices are connected to the same network.
If you attempt to use mobile data or connect your phone to a different Wi-Fi, the app won’t detect the devices.
Here’s how to inspect and check your internet connection:
- On your phone, open the “Settings” menu.
- Then, go to the Wi-Fi or Network settings.
- Locate the connected Wi-Fi SSID network.
- Ensure you are connected to the Deco Wi-Fi.
- Check the signal strength of the connection.
If everything looks okay, and you are sure that you are connected to the correct Wi-Fi network, then proceed to the next troubleshooting step…
2. Give a Restart to Your Devices
There is a high chance that a temporal bug on your Deco system or Deco application might be restricting the app from showing the devices.
Therefore, we suggest you restart both devices to eliminate the chances of bugs and ensure that your devices communicate more effectively.
Here is how you can restart your devices:
How to Restart Your Mobile Device?
- Hold the Power Button on the right side.
- Wait until the Power OFF Slider appears.
- Slide to the left to power off your phone.
- Wait a few seconds and turn on the phone.
How to Restart Your Deco System?
- First, open the TP-Link Deco mobile app.
- Press on the “Network” page from below.
- Tap on the “Network Map” from the page.
- Tap on three dots from the top right corner.
- Then, choose the “Reboot Network” option.
Workaround: Unplug your Deco device from the outlet and then plug it in again.
3. Update the Deco App Version
Outdated versions of the app often cause communication issues. Therefore, check and ensure you are running an updated version of the Deco app.
Updating the application on your phone will automatically address all bugs and allow the app to establish a connection with the router.
Follow these steps to check for TP-Link Deco app updates:
- First, enter in your mobile’s App Store.
- Find the “TP-Link Deco” and press on it.
- Press on the “Update” button underneath.
Once the app upgrades, launch the Deco app and check if your devices are showing up in the app.
If you still cannot locate your devices, perhaps there is an app problem, so keep reading!
Note: The TP-Link app must always be up-to-date.
4. Delete and Install the Deco App
There are cases when even an updated app version causes issues due to corrupted software or cache files.
Therefore, if your Deco app continues not to show your devices, then completely uninstall the app and reinstall it again to get the fresh version of the software and begin cleanly.
Here’s how to reinstall the Deco app on Android/iOS mobile:
- First, locate the TP-Link Deco app on the screen.
- Then, tap and hold the app’s icon continuously.
- On an iOS, select the “Remove This App” option.
- On an Android, drag the app to the Trash Bin icon.
- Then, open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Locate the “TP-Link Deco” application in the store.
- Then, tap on the “Install” or “Cloud+Arrow” button.
- When the app is installed, sign in to your account.
When the app is cleanly installed, check whether your Deco devices are being recognized and are now showing in the app.
If you continue to experience the same issue, the culprit may be in one of your Deco devices, so let’s continue with the solutions…
5. Check for Deco Firmware Update
If your TP-link Deco not showing all devices, a problem with the Deco software can be the culprit.
So, it is worth checking for an available firmware update as an up-to-date version resolves all underlying problems and provides better and more stable network performance.
Here are the steps to update your Deco firmware:
- First, launch the Deco mobile app.
- Tap on More from the bottom right.
- Find and press on the “System” tile.
- Press on the “Update Deco” option.
- Check for any firmware versions.
If the new update is available, follow the on-screen instructions and update the firmware to the latest one.
When your Deco is up-to-date, the app should start showing the device.
However, if you see a blinking blue light on your Deco, you must complete the initialization setup process.
Tip: To activate your Deco, connect the device to the router via an Ethernet cable and follow the application’s prompts to add a new device.
6. Inspect the Deco Operating Mode
Your Deco Mesh system has two operation modes: a Wi-Fi Router and an Access Point.
Many users have reported encountering connectivity issues with their devices when the Deco app is set to Access Point.
Therefore, it’s worth trying whether switching to the router mode will solve the issue, especially if you’ve selected the incorrect mode based on your TP-Link setup.
Here is how to check the Deco operation mode:
- Open the Deco app on the phone.
- Press on the “More” button below.
- Go to Advanced > Operation Mode.
- Choose the “Wi-Fi Router (Default).”
- Then, tap on “Apply” from the top left.
- Choose “OK” to reboot your network.
Wait a few minutes until the LED light on your Deco unit turns to solid green.
After that, open the Deco app and check for the online client devices.
In case your Deco system is already set to the default “Wi-Fi Router” mode and the devices are not showing up, then reboot your entire Deco unit and the client devices.
When ready, launch the Deco app and check if the devices are now showing.
If they are still not showing up, you need to look at some other factors. So, continue reading!
7. Check for Static IP Addresses
In some cases, static IP addresses can conflict within your network and prevent devices from appearing correctly in the Deco app.
So, it is worth checking if any client devices have static IP addresses and changing the IP address of conflicting devices to a dynamic (DHCP) setting.
Note: Settings of IP addresses can be found in the network settings of each device!
How to Check for Static IP Addresses?
- On your computer, open the “Settings” menu.
- Click on Network & Internet > Wi-Fi/Ethernet.
- Click on your connected network connection.
- Under IP Assignment, click on the “Edit” tab.
- Select “Automatic (DHCP)” from the menu list.
- Lastly, press the “Save” button below and exit.
Info: After these steps, your client device requests an IP address. Once your TP-Link router assigns a unique IP address to your device, your client device will start showing in the app.
8. Factory Reset Your Deco Mesh
If none of the above steps work, try performing a factory reset on your TP-Link Deco mesh.
Remember that this should be your last resort, as the reset will delete all the customized settings and configurations, and you need to set up everything again.
Here are the steps to factory reset the Deco unit:
Method #1 Reset Using Deco App
- First, open the Deco app on your phone.
- Go to the Network page in the Deco app.
- Tap on “network map” and then the Deco.
- Press the button in the top right corner.
- Choose “Remove” to reset the Deco unit.
Method #2 Reset Using Deco Unit
- First, go over to your TP-Link Deco unit.
- Locate the Reset button on the bottom.
- Press the Reset button for 15 seconds.
- Shortly, your Deco will be reset to default.
After you’re done, set up your entire Deco mesh Wi-Fi system according to your preference and add it to the Deco mobile app.
Tip: If the problem persists, contact TP-Link's Support team for additional assistance.
Hence, when your Deco app is not showing devices, first ensure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi as Deco client devices.
Moreover, restart your setup, update the Deco app and router software version, reinstall the Deco app, and reset your Deco to defaults.
For more Deco fix guides, visit our blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.