The reason why Breezeline WiFi not working is ultimately due to installation issues, fault in the equipment, or service outage.
In this guide, we will cover all of the influencing factors to the bad condition of the Breezeline WiFi and understand what causes your network problems!
If the Breezeline WiFi isn’t working, attempt to connect from closer proximity and check if the Wi-Fi details are correct.
Then perform a power cycle on the Breezeline modem and in case nothing else helps, restore the default network settings.
Let’s keep unwrapping!
Why is Breezeline WiFi Not Connecting?
Breezeline has a total of two internet plans for their customers, one of which includes a single internet modem (no Wi-Fi included) and internet gateway.
The internet gateway is a device that combines the functionality of a Wi-Fi router and a modem, so knowing this, let’s explore:
Breezeline Modem Vs. Breezeline Gateway?
There are a total of two types of services you can subscribe to with Breezeline. Subscribing only for a Breezeline modem means you will not receive home Wi-Fi.
If you only have a Breezeline modem, the only way to set up Wi-Fi is to connect a third-party router device that is compatible with the Breezeline technology.
Proven Ways to Fix When Breezeline WiFi Not Working!
1. Check the Wi-Fi SSID & Password
It is quite important to notice that the Breezeline gateway is actively hosting a total of two Wi-Fi networks.
By default, the Breezeline Wi-Fi plan delivers a gateway capable of hosting a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi as well as a 5 GHz Wi-Fi simultaneously.
How to Know Breezeline Modem Wi-Fi Details?
All Breezeline gateways have a sticker on the bottom panel that includes both the SSID name as well as the pre-shared key used for connecting the first time.
You need to keep in mind that these network details are supposed to be changed by the user after the first-time installation.
The sticker of the Breezeline gateway contains the following information:
- The two SSIDs.
- Encrypt AES label.
- SEC Mode Data.
- Pre-Shared Key.
Once you’ve verified the information of the Breezeline gateway, open the Wi-Fi settings on your wireless device and make sure the Wi-Fi password is correct.
When you connect after the first time, you’ll be prompted to set up your own WiFi name as well as a strong password.
Alert: The pre-shared key is used for connecting to both of the Wi-Fi threads.
2. Power Cycle the Breezeline Gateway
To clear out any underlying issues with the Breezeline WiFi, it is recommended to conduct a power cycle on the device.
This type of reset will erase any underlying issues with the internet service and the available Wi-Fi networks hosted by the Breezeline gateway.
Follow these instructions to perform a power cycle on the gateway:
- Unplug the Breezeline gateway from the wall.
- Wait for 60 seconds until the unit discharges.
- Connect the modem directly to the wall outlet.
- Tip: Avoid using any power dividers or strips.
- Reconnect the power adapter of the gateway.
- Wait until the Breezeline gateway powers on.
- Check if the Wi-Fi networks are now working.
Note: It may take up to 60 seconds for the Breezeline gateway to load completely!
3. Inspect the Breezeline Service Line!
One of the major factors when experiencing Wi-Fi or service issues on a Breezeline installation is to verify that the service cable is installed properly.
Your Breezeline modem or gateway is going to receive the service from the coaxial wall outlet, with a coaxial service cable.
Locate the coaxial service cable connected to the back of the Breezeline gateway. Unplug the service cable.
Then verify that the service cable is not damaged (rips, cuts, or bent connectors).
Tip: Verify that the coaxial cable is securely connected to the wall outlet and to your modem!
4. Connect from a Closer Proximity
You might be standing too far away from the Breezeline gateway in order for the wireless device to establish a Wi-Fi connection.
There could be an existing interference blocking the connection and causing all requests sent from your device to fail.
So, hold your WiFi device right next to the Breezeline gateway!
Then attempt to connect with both of the Wi-Fi threads!
5 GHz WiFi Vs. 2.4 GHz WiFi
Generally, the 2.4 GHz WiFi thread is slower but covers much more ground.
In contrast, 5 GHz WiFi is faster, but you cannot connect and use the network from very far.
Some devices do not support 5 GHz WiFi network threads.
So, the safest way to test whether the Breezeline WiFi is working is by attempting to connect to the 2.4 GHz WiFi.
If your device can see both WiFi threads, always test connecting on both, by verifying the correct password.
Note: Try to relocate your Breezeline modem to a higher place!
5. Reduce the WiFi Network Bandwidth!
Sometimes, especially when you’re doing too many networking tasks at once, the Breezeline WiFi might get overloaded.
The so-called “bandwidth throttling”, happens when too many devices are connected and using your WiFi at the same time, causing the WiFi to stop working!
How to Decrease Wi-Fi Network Bandwidth Usage?
- Disconnect unused devices from both of the Wi-Fi networks.
- Prevent all downloading, uploading, and seeding processes.
- Check whether there is an activated VPN or Proxy service.
- Power cycle your Breezeline network modem or gateway unit.
Also, try to limit your overall usage of the network and connect with only one or two devices at a time to check whether this will help.
It is also recommended to update the security settings of the network, in case someone has gained unwanted access to the network.
Tip: If your router has antennas, try to straighten them up!
6. Inspect the WiFi Connecting Device
Another reason why the wireless device keeps failing to establish a connection with Breezeline is improper Wi-Fi and network settings.
Yes, in some cases your Breezeline network is just fine, but the connecting device’s settings are misconfigured or there is another type of issue.
Follow the steps below to reconnect your device to Breezeline WiFi:
- Open the Settings of the wireless device.
- Next, navigate to the “Connections” tab.
- Then, tap on “Wireless” and select “Wi-Fi”.
- Turn off the WiFi with the activation slider.
- Wait for 30 seconds and reactivate the Wi-Fi.
How to Reset Device Network Settings?
To make sure there are no underlying issues with the network settings, it is recommended to reset them to their default values.
All mobile devices and most computers and laptops have a similar feature that allows initializing all network settings for optimization and problem-solving.
- To reset the network settings on iOS, go to Settings > General > “Transfer or Reset [Device]” > “Network Reset” and follow the on-screen steps.
- To reset the network settings on Android, go to Settings > Reset > “Network Data Reset” > “Confirm”.
- To reset the network settings on Windows, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset.
Note: If you’re using a computer with a USB WiFi dongle, try connecting your device to a different working USB port on your machine.
7. Restore Factory Breezeline Settings
In case all else fails, you should restore the initial network settings of your Breezeline modem or getaway.
This method would be necessary, especially if something went wrong during the setup or the Wi-Fi configuration, resulting in a non-lasting, but annoying WiFi problem.
Here’s how to factory reset the Breezeline gateway or modem:
- Unplug the service cable from the back of the device.
- Wait for 5 seconds and disconnect the power cord.
- Unplug all Ethernet devices from the modem/gateway.
- Wait for 30 seconds and reconnect the coaxial cable.
- Then, plug the power adapter of the device into the wall.
- Finally, wait until the Breezeline device fully powers on.
Alert: Once all settings are reset, the default SSID and passwords will be applied again.
Hence, when Breezeline WiFi not working, first power cycle the gateway and check the SSID and Wi-Fi password settings.
Moreover, test connecting to a different WiFi thread, reduce the consumed bandwidth, and reset the network settings of your modem/gateway.
Follow us for more!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.