Getting the Xfinity Stream error TVAPP-00481 constantly during your streaming sessions?
This type of Xfinity Stream app error could be related to multiple things. Users had a hard time figuring out this one in particular since it could originate from plenty of things going wrong with your device.
Let’s learn what is the easy fix to the TVAPP-00481 before we go into details:
To fix the Xfinity Stream “TVAPP-00481” error code, reboot your browser (or streaming device) and reconnect your device to the WiFi.
After that, clear the cache and cookies of your browser, update the Xfinity app, test and if it doesn’t work, reinstall the platform.
Learning more about the problem before troubleshooting is crucial, so let’s go!
What is TVAPP-00481 Error Xfinity Stream?
These days, Xfinity Stream tends to give a lot of errors without a proper explanation for their occurrence.
The situation with the Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00481 error is still not clearly known throughout the community, but we could confidently say that it is internet-related.
Here are some identified cases that could cause the TVAPP-00481 error:
- A WiFi Problem with your Streaming Device
- An Issue with the Selected Xfinity Content
- Problematic Browser/Issue with the Cache & Cookies
- Corrupted Data with your Internet Browser
- Temporal Services Outage with the Xfinity Stream App
In most cases, these events and occurrences could cause the formation of Xfinity TVAPP-00481 error’s occurrence.
Keep reading to learn how to address the following problems!
How to Fix Xfinity Stream Error TVAPP-00481?
After discussing the occurrence of the Xfinity Stream “TVAPP-00481” error, we’re confident that we’ll be able to get the problem resolved for you.
As long as you’re following our instructions in chronological order, you shouldn’t run into any troubleshooting issues.
Let’s begin the troubleshooting!
Solution #1 Restart your Streaming Device/Browser
We’re going to start off with something simple, such as restarting your device.
This solution managed to help many users with the problems they had with their Xfinity Stream application, so you should try it out too.
How to restart a Streaming Device:
- Using the device’s remote, press the Power Button.
- Wait for 15 seconds.
- Turn the device on and launch Xfinity Stream.
How to restart a Browser:
- Press the “X” button at the top right of the browser (or Alt + F4).
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Re-Launch the browser and access the Xfinity website.
After rebooting your streaming device/browser, gain access to Xfinity Stream once again and attempt to stream available content.
Note: Make sure to keep your Xfinity streaming source shut down for a while before launching.
Solution #2 Stream Different Types of Xfinity Content
In some cases, the TVAPP-00481 error could have something to do with the content you’re attempting to stream.
If the uploader of the content is having issues with hosting the media, you’ll get an error upon trying to stream the Xfinity Stream TV show or movie.
In that set of thoughts, your next move should be to attempt streaming an alternative piece of media within Xfinity, to determine if that’ll settle the problem.
Feel free to test out any movie or TV show in Xfinity, as long as it has nothing to do with the broadcast you got the error on.
- Test streaming content posted from a different provider!
Note: Give the new broadcast at least 60 seconds to load, before drawing conclusions!
Solution #3 Reconnect your Device to the WiFi
As we’ve already mentioned, this type of error could have something to do with the WiFi Connection on your device.
For quality Xfinity streaming, the WiFi connection reaching your device must be stable and reliable.
Any connection dropouts will result in you being kicked out of the platform or your broadcast being interrupted.
To repair the connection’s quality, reconnect with the WiFi like this:
- Access the Settings of your streaming device or PC/laptop.
- Navigate to the WiFi tab.
- Check the network you’re connected with.
- Highlight the connected network and press “Options”.
- Choose “Disconnect” in order to unpair from the network.
- Once you’re successfully disconnected, re-pair to the network.
- Access Xfinity Stream.
Reconnecting from a certain network helps refresh the wireless link with the router device of the given network. It works great if the WiFi gets slow, or causes other connectivity problems.
Note: If you’re spotting WiFi issues on other of your devices, contact your ISP for more help.
Solution #4 Clear Browser’s Cache & Cookies
If you’re getting the TVAPP-00481 error on the browser version of Xfinity Stream, there’s a workaround that may get the service going again.
It’s to clear the cache and cookies, on the browser you’re using for streaming.
- Cache and cookies pile up over time as you use your browser regularly!
Keep in mind that although clearing the cache and cookies will boost the performance, it’ll log you out from websites you’re signed in to. This applies to the Xfinity Stream service.
Here’s how to clear the cache and cookies (universally) on most browsers:
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top right of your browser.
- Head to “Settings”.
- In the side tab, choose “Cache & Cookies”.
- Highlight the “Clear All” checkbox at the top of the page.
- Press the “Clear” button.
The history, passwords, and saved services of your browser will be erased as a result of clearing the cache and cookies. You’ll also have to sign in to Xfinity Stream again, after the process.
Alert: Do not clear the cache and cookies if you do not know your Xfinity Stream login info.
Solution #5 Reinstall the Xfinity App
The best way to address any problems with the Xfinity application is to get it reinstalled on your streaming device.
Whatever platform you use for streaming, if you’re enjoying the Xfinity Stream through an application, it’s always good to carry out a clean installation.
Follow these instructions to reinstall the Xfinity app on your streaming device:
- Access the Settings of your streaming device.
- Navigate to the “Applications” or the “Storage” tab.
- Use the provided search field to locate the Xfinity app.
- Highlight the app and press “Uninstall”.
- Wait for the app to be removed from your device.
- Once the platform has been uninstalled successfully, start the app store.
- Use the search field to relocate the Xfinity app.
- Once you’ve found it, press “Download”.
- Wait for the download and then the installation to go through.
Once you’ve reinstalled the Xfinity app, you’ll have to sign into your account again, so make sure you’re in possession of the login credentials.
Tip: If you’ve forgotten your password/username, press the “I Forgot My (...)” button!
Solution #6 Stream Through a Different Browser
Using Xfinity Stream on an unsupported browser could bring difficulties to your experience!
Similar problems such as the “TVAPP-00481” error, could occur, due to incompatible browser and player settings.
Xfinity Stream is fully-compatible with multiple browsers so it’s best to use one of the browser applications we’re about to review to achieve the best compatibility.
Here are the browsers that Xfinity Stream is fully compatible with:
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Trying to stream Xfinity on any other browser could still work, but you’ll eventually end up getting an error, whenever the compatibility is bad.
How to Install a New Browser?
By default, Windows laptops and PC devices come with Microsoft Edge already installed.
If you’re getting issues on Xfinity, through Edge, follow these steps to get a different browser:
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Search for the browser’s official webpage (Google Chrome recommended).
- Press the “Download” button and run the installer.
- Choose your Installation Directory.
- Launch the new browser and sign into Xfinity Stream.
Once the new browser is installed, check whether you can stream Xfinity without errors!
Whenever the Xfinity Stream error TVAPP-00481 appears, reboot your streaming device/browser and get the app updated.
After that, clear the cache/cookies of your browser, reinstall the application, and download another browser to stream through!
Read Next: How to Fix Xfinity Stream Location Issue?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.