Wondering why is the Xfinity Mobile Voicemail not working?
First of all, the Voicemail has to be included in your Xfinity Mobile Plan. In case it is but something with the functionality or setup goes wrong, we’re here to help!
When the Voicemail is not working on Xfinity Mobile Device, users need to set up the feature the correct way and then test. In case the problem is persistent the next step would be to clear the Voicemail Storage or Reset the Network Settings.
The solution only requires a few minutes of your time so let’s jump straight in!
The visual and sound Voicemail is a service that could either be added to your plan or does not exist for your number.
It is an optional service that you could subscribe to and add to your mobile plan additionally.
- Before proceeding you should review your Xfinity Mobile Plan.
Other Xfinity mobile voicemail problems could be the following:
- An issue with your mobile device!
- The Voicemail is Not Enabled
- The Voicemail is Full (users can no longer record messages)
- An Issue with the Voicemail Greeting Message
No matter what type of issue you’re experiencing with your Xfinity mobile voicemail, we will do our best to resolve the problem.
We’re using only proven-to-work solutions!
When the Xfinity Mobile Voicemail is not working, users should inspect and address each possibility one by one until the problem is revealed.
Let’s jump right in!
Xfinity has its own specific way of activating the voicemail and setting the greeting message for users receiving your Voicemail.
You will have to dial a specific number in your phone’s catalog, which will help you through the setup of the voicemail via a pre-recorded guide.
Here’s how to enable your Xfinity Voicemail in easy steps:
- On your Xfinity Device.
- Open the Dial Catalog (Phone app).
- Type in *99 to dial the Xfinity Voicemail number.
- Follow the automated voice guide!
- Set up a password and a greeting message.
Although the pre-recorded message will explain everything you have to know, the password is used later to access the voicemail recordings.
Make sure that you save or remember the password to be able to hear Voicemails on your end later.
Note: If you have multiple phones on the same number, make sure that you use the “Home” device to dial the Xfinity number!
If this issue has occurred as a result of a glitch on your mobile plan or mobile device, then you should perform a reboot.
Restarting your phone is always recommended no matter the type of issue you’re experiencing. This is the only way to refresh ALL services!
Here’s how to perform a reboot on your mobile smartphone in easy steps:
- Press and hold the Power Button on the side of your mobile device.
- Once the power menu appears, select the “Restart” option.
- Wait for your mobile device to turn off and then start again.
- Check if the Xfinity mobile voicemail would work now.
Tip: While testing if the voicemail would work, you should grab a friend or a family member to attempt to record messages to the voicemail.
If your Xfinity mobile plan has expired by any chance, this will automatically deactivate your Voicemail.
This solution mainly applies to users who had their Voicemail activated at a point in the past but can no longer access the feature due to an expired mobile plan.
To resubscribe for Xfinity, you can either go and physically pay your fees at an office or use the Xfinity Mobile Application.
If using the mobile application, go to “Pay Now” within the app and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
There will be several payment methods, including debit/credit card options. Choose whichever is the most suitable for you and proceed to the checkout phase.
Note: Once you’ve paid your plan, make sure to give an hour for your number to be brought online and then test the Voicemail.
Users report that they were unable to use their Xfinity mobile Voicemail when the Storage became FULL.
The capacity of your Xfinity voicemail is 225 Minutes of recordings and once it exceeds that limit, users will be unable to record messages for that Voicemail any longer.
To clear your Xfinity mobile’s voicemail, follow these instructions:
- Go to the “Messages” tab on your phone.
- Check the messages from Xfinity.
- Open voice message regarding the Voicemail Storage.
- Follow the instructions of the pre-recorded message to clear your Voicemail.
Notice: You will receive a message from Xfinity explaining how to clear the voicemail once it gets all 225 minutes filled up.
There could be cellular or a SIM card glitch better yet, preventing you from accessing the Xfinity voicemail.
There’s an easy workaround for this problem and it is to reinsert your phone’s SIM card from the device’s SIM Tray.
Follow these instructions to reinsert the SIM card of your mobile device:
- Grab your mobile device that has the Xfinity SIM card in it.
- Locate the SIM Card Latch on either of the side panels.
- Grab a sharp and thin object such as a needle.
- Find the Pinhole on top of the SIM card latch.
- Gently insert the needle inside of the pinhole and push.
- Pull out the SIM card from the device’s SIM Tray.
- Keep the SIM card out for a few moments.
- Lastly, reinsert the SIM card and test the Voicemail.
Tip: Feel free to test the SIM card on another device to send a Voicemail.
The next thing you should test is to reset your phone’s Network Settings.
When there is a misconfiguration with the networking, the cellular connection on your device might drop and you will not be allowed to use the Voicemail any longer.
Here’s how to reset network settings on both iOS and Android:
- On your Android, go to Settings.
- Press “System”.
- Head to the “Advanced” tab.
- Choose “Reset options”.
- Next, press “Reset network settings”.
- Wait for the process to finalize.
- On your iPhone or iOS device, go to Settings.
- Press the “General” tab.
- Head to “Transfer or Reset [Device]”.
- Select “Reset”.
- Next, choose “Reset Network Settings”.
- Wait for the network reset to conclude.
Alert: Do not turn off your phone while the network reset is ongoing!
Keep in mind that Xfinity mobile visual voicemail will not be available for Android devices released prior to 2019.
If your phone was released before that year, you cannot trigger or activate the visual Voicemail in any way.
This only applies to Android phones, so if you’re an iPhone user, you don’t have to worry about your phone’s release date.
Let’s see what else we can do to help the situation.
Here’s what to do if the Xfinity mobile visual voicemail isn’t working:
- Update your phone’s OS – Go to Settings > Firmware and update your phone
- Toggle the Voicemail setting ON/OFF – Go to Carrier Settings > Voicemail.
- Reset phone to factory defaults – Head to Settings > Reset > Erase Everything.
If you’ve tested all of our solutions but your Xfinity mobile visual Voicemail is still not working, perhaps it’s time to get in touch with Xfinity to resolve this problem.
You can contact them on the Contact Us Page to report your problem and find a quick and efficient solution!
Hence, the solution to a non-working Xfinity Voicemail revolves around the config and service available on your device. We also learned that to enable Voicemail, one has to be subscribed to the service as well as a strong cellular connection.
Read Next: How to Fix Xfinity XR16 Remote Not Working?
Now that we’ve learned why Xfinity mobile Voicemail not working and how to solve the problem by following a few easy solutions, we can wrap things up.
We can conclude that such a problem mainly appears due to a misconfiguration in some instances.
The issue could either be your Account, Connection, or Service Configuration!
For more relevant guides and solutions make sure to check our tech blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.