Xfinity error code RDK-03036 simply means that something is not working!
-“Please try again later!”
The Xfinity RDK-03036 message clearly suggests that the problem will be solved by them after a while but this is not always the case.
When the problem is on our side the issue will not be gone after a while so we need to take appropriate actions.
Let’s learn more!
When the RDK-03036 Error Message appears on Xfinity Streaming Box, users need to perform a power cycle in order to refresh ALL services. The next step is to reconnect the Coax Connection which will refresh the signal and lastly refresh the Xfinity Box OS!
When the Xfinity Code RDK-03036 appears on the screen users see the message:
- “Sorry about that. We’ll have this solved shortly so please try again later”
Well, that happens when a channel is unavailable and the problem can also be on our side, therefore an issue with the Xfinity Streaming Box.
Well, the reason for the error could be a bad Coax Connection input, Account Problem, Outdated Firmware, or Software Issue.
To simplify, something is preventing the channel streaming from being received.
However, the solution to the problem could be really simple or might require some extra steps, based on what’s causing the issue.
This is what we’ll find out next so let’s jump right in!
The reason for the Xfinity Code RDK-03036 could be related to different aspects of your setup and this is why we need to address each of the possibilities.
We strongly suggest not skipping any of the solutions below to achieve the best possible outcome.
Let’s jump right in!
The very first and fastest to execute the solution is to perform a power circulation of your Xfinity Streaming Box.
When things are not going well and we experience error codes, the first job is to restart the device, therefore refreshing ALL services and processes. This sometimes helps!
Here’s how to perform a power cycle on your Xfinity Streaming Box:
- Turn OFF the Xfinity Streaming Box.
- Disconnect the Power Cable from both ends.
- Hold the remote’s Power button for 30 seconds.
- This will discharge the device completely.
- Plug in your Xfinity Streaming Box into the power.
- Turn On the device and test.
In case you can recall a channel that was showing the Xfinity Code RDK-03036, jump straight there and test whether the error appears now. In case it does, jump to the next solution!
Note: Keeping the Xfinity Box OFF for longer, allows the device to cold down.
In case of a signal problem, the Xfinity Code RDK-03036 could appear on the screen!
The next step against Xfinity error code RDK-03036 is to reconnect the Coaxial Cable connection by making sure that it’s not loose.
To do so we’ll need to take a look back at the Xfinity Streaming Box back and locate the Coaxial Cable input cable.
Let’s learn more!
- Turn OFF the Xfinity Box.
- Locate the UCC Coax Cable Input.
- Disconnect the Input Coax Cable.
- Unplug also from Coax Wall Outlet.
- Peek inside the Coax Input and Remove Obstructions.
- Clean the Ports and inspect the cable’s ends as well.
- Secure the Coax Cable on both sides tightly.
- Turn ON the Xfinity Cable Box.
Test whether the Xfinity Code RDK-03036 now appears. In case the problem was solved, you should check whether ALL wires are secure.
In case the problem persists, proceed further!
We need to keep our Xfinity Equipment up to date to have the latest version of the operating system, therefore as few bugs as possible.
The Xfinity Box restarts on its own at a pre-scheduled time every day to check and possibly install an available update.
When your internet connection is down during the process, the TV Box won’t update!
We can easily reschedule the Update Restart and test upgrading the firmware of our Xfinity Streaming Box right now!
Let’s learn how:
- Press the Xfinity Button on your remote.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- From the settings menu, select Preferences.
- In there, choose General.
- Then you’ll see Daily Update Time: “X:XX – X:XX”
- By selecting, you can set manual update time.
- Based on the current time schedule the update is after 5 min.
- Wait for the Xfinity Streaming Box to restart.
In case there was a pending update, the Xfinity Streaming Box would perform the installation automatically now. Test whether Xfinity Code RDK-03036 appears after the restart.
Note: Your Xfinity Streaming Box will now restart every day at the scheduled time to check for new updates.
Even if that sounds odd, sometimes the RDK errors can be caused due to power insufficiency, which prevents some of the fundamental operations of the TV box.
Since we’re already attempted power cycling the device, now we need to change the power source!
- Plug the Xfinity TV Box directly into the outlet without a power strip!
The repositioning will provide an additional restart after which your Xfinity TV Box should no longer bring up RDK-03036 error on the screen.
Feel free to test whether this helped!
Note: In case there was a recent power outage, wait at least an hour before testing!
There is a way to refresh the Xfinity Streaming Box from the App, Online, or through the device’s settings.
This method does not delete anything from the Xfinity Streaming Box, instead only refreshes the operating system and reboots ALL services and processes.
This method is one of the most powerful solutions for Xfinity Code RDK-03036 error!
- The Xfinity Streaming Box will be unavailable for about 10 minutes!
To refresh the Xfinity Streaming Box from the mobile application, follow the steps below:
- Open the Xfinity App on both Android and iOS.
- Sign in to your Xfinity Account.
- Scroll down to find and choose TV.
- Tap on Troubleshooting.
- Select System Refresh.
- Wait for about 10 minutes.
When the System Refresh is over, test whether your Xfinity Stream Box works and whether the Error Code RDK-03036 now appears.
In case the problem persists, try an alternative refresh method below.
To refresh the Xfinity Streaming Box online via a browser, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Xfinity Account.
- From there choose Manage TV.
- Select the Services Tab and click on Devices.
- Choose the Troubleshooting Button.
- Select System Refresh.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes.
- Your Xfinity Streaming Box will restart.
When you see the “Welcome” screen then the refresh is over. You can continue.
To refresh the system from the Streaming Box’s Settings, follow the steps below:
- Press the A button on the Xfinity remote.
- Alternatively, visit the Help Tab in the Settings.
- Go to System Refresh and press the OK button.
- To proceed, choose Refresh Now and then OK again.
- Do not unplug your Xfinity Box until the refresh completes.
- When the refresh is over, you’ll see the “Welcome” screen.
Note: The system can only be refreshed once every 24 hours!
Tip: Don’t forget to mention what you’ve already tried to save as much time as possible!
In case the Error RDK-03036 appears on ALL Channels and you’re completely excluded from the services, perhaps there is maintenance on Xfinity’s side.
You can check the Status Center by logging in to your Xfinity Account, which might help you understand what’s going on.
Hence the Xfinity Code RDK-03036 appears because of signal loss or technical problems with the streaming box. The solution includes power cycling the device and performing a System Refresh online, through the mobile application, or from the Box’s Settings.
Read Next: HBO Max Not Working on Xfinity X1?
Now that we’ve learned what Xfinity error code RDK-03036 means and how to solve the problem in no time, we’re ready to enjoy our content without interruptions.
In case the issue persists even after you’ve tried the entire guide, you can always seek help from Xfinity!
We hope that you’ve learned something new today and in case you’re experiencing another Xfinity issue that you need to take care of, check for the solution in our blog. Good Luck!
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.