Wondering why HBO Max not working on Xfinity X1? We have a simple fix!
The HBO Max is one of the best TV packages you could get for your Xfinity cable box. It offers plenty of content and is really easy to use.
However, issues could occur with the platform that some users could find really agitating.
Let’s learn more!
To fix when HBO Max isn’t Xfinity X1, Reboot the cable box and Update the HBO Max application. Next, reconnect your cable box to the WiFi and ensure Parental Control is turned OFF. Finally, perform a Factory Reset on your X1 device to fix the issue.
To learn what could possibly go wrong with HBO max, keep reading!
The HBO Max application includes a variety of on-demand and streaming content, along with LIVE channels, such as HBO 2, HBO Family, and HBO Latino.
All of these perks and features are available with HBO Max on your Xfinity X1 cable box, upon subscription.
Problems that could occur with HBO Max could be the following:
- An internet issue with your Xfinity X1 TV cable box
- Problems with your HBO Max Account
- Your HBO Max Subscription has to be renewed
- Application/Platform issues with HBO max
Although identifying the exact issue with your HBO Max could be a little challenging, our solutions and complete instructions will help you along the way to resolve the problem!
Without further ado, let’s jump right in!
For the best efficiency during the upcoming fix guide, make sure that you follow the chronological order of our solutions and methods.
Our list is designed to partially expose the problem with your HBO Max App and fix any issues that are causing all this fuss.
Here’s how to resolve the issue with the HBO Max app on your Xfinity X1!
A simple, yet greatly effective thing to try at first is to Reboot your Xfinity X1.
If any startup glitches or false data are keeping you from accessing the HBO Max application, then restarting would be the most efficient first step.
Let’s learn more!
A reboot on your X1 cable box is done the following way:
- Turn OFF the cable box.
- Unplug the device’s Power Adapter.
- Wait for 5 Minutes while the cable box is disconnected.
- Reconnect the power cable of the Xfinity box to the source.
- Turn on the device and launch HBO Max.
After the restart, it’s time to check whether the HBO Max App will now be able to start on our Xfinity X1.
In case the app still does not open, or you can’t stream anything, keep reading!
Note: The longer you keep the X1 Box disconnected, the more efficient the power cycle is.
As you probably know, HBO Max offers a variety of live and on-demand streaming content that requires an active and reliable internet/WiFi connection.
If your Xfinity X1 cable box has disconnected from the internet, HBO Max will be temporarily unavailable to you.
To reconnect your Xfinity X1 to the WiFi, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings of your Xfinity X1 box.
- Locate a tab labeled “Wi-Fi Setup”.
- Wait for the scanner to find nearby networks.
- Once your home network appears on the screen, highlight and select it.
- Input the WiFi password for that network.
- Press the “Connect” button to pair with the box to WiFi.
You could also hook up your Xfinity X1 cable box to the WiFi using the WPS method.
If you’re using the wireless version of the X1 box, then this method will work for you.
To connect your X1 box to the WiFi via the WPS function, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings of your box.
- Head to “WiFi Setup”.
- Select “Use WPS/WPS pairing”.
- Next, press “Initiate Connection”.
- Go over to your router and press the WPS button.
- You only have 2 Minutes!
The WiFi pairing may take from a few seconds up to minutes.
Do not power off your cable box or interact with it in any way or the setup may fail and leave your device disconnected.
Tip: Double-check if you’ve put the correct password for your Home WiFi before connecting.
Clearing the cache of your Xfinity X1 is a way of resetting your HBO Max application and giving it a fresh software rebuild.
The cache of a certain application piles up for as long as the particular app runs on your cable box and could sometimes cause similar problems.
To clear the cache of your HBO Max, follow these steps on your X1:
- From Xfinity’s home screen, press the gear-looking icon (Settings).
- Navigate to the “Privacy” tab by scrolling down a bit.
- Once there, scroll down a little more and select “Clear Cookies”.
- Next, locate and press the “Clear Local Storage Data”.
- Wait for your Xfinity X1 to clear the local app cache and cookies.
Keep in mind that clearing the local data and cache will flush all settings and streaming preferences within the HBO Max app. Memorize any settings you wish to re-apply for later.
Alert: Clearing the local storage data will sign you out of the Xfinity application.
A well-known feature that could deny your access to the HBO Max application is the Parental Controls function.
This setting aims to protect children from viewing sensitive content within the platform and hides all footage, streams, and on-demand content under that section.
In some cases, this feature could lock out adults from HBO Max too.
To make sure that Parental Control is disabled, follow these steps:
- Press the Xfinity button on your remote control to launch the Main Menu.
- Navigate to the Gear icon and head to Settings.
- Go to “Device Settings”.
- From there, locate the “Parental Controls” tab and enter it.
- Highlight and click the parental controls section.
- Enter your Parental Control PIN to gain access.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and highlight “Reset Parental Controls”.
- Confirm the process and then exit.
Alert: If you’ve forgotten your Parental Controls PIN, you will have to reset your X1 box.
Next up on our list is to reinstall the HBO Max application from your Xfinity X1 box.
A platform problem or an issue in the app’s data is highly likely to deny your access to the application until further notice so we need to take appropriate action!
We suggest reinstalling the HBO Max app and here’s how to do it:
- Head to Xfinity.com/stream/settings/devices.
- Sign into your account.
- Go to “Downloads”.
- Search the services and locate the HBO Max app.
- Highlight the platform and uninstall it from your device.
- Once it is removed, download HBO Max on your X1 box again.
- Sign back into your HBO Max Account.
Once the app is successfully reinstalled, check if you’re now able to access the platform and stream any of the available content. Double-check if your X1 is paired with the internet.
Note: Use the “I Forgot My” button at the Xfinity login screen when you don’t remember the login credentials.
If nothing worked out in your favor so far, then a Factory Reset is strongly recommended.
This is our best-working solution so far and it should get the issue with the HBO Max application resolved in no time!
- The Factory Reset will erase ALL content on your X1 cable box!
To perform a factory reset on your Xfinity X1 box, follow these steps:
- Launch the Xfinity My Account App on your smart device.
- Head to the Overview Menu.
- Press the TV option.
- Select your Xfinity X1 cable box from the list.
- Choose “Troubleshoot”.
- Select “Continue”.
- Finally, press “System Refresh” to reset your Xfinity X1 cable box.
Alert: Do not interact in any way while your Xfinity X1 cable box is resetting.
Thus, the solution to the HBO Max problem on your Xfinity X1 is to reboot the cable box and disable the Parental Control. Next, verify that the device is hooked up with the WiFi and perform a Factory Reset on the X1 Box to reinstall the entire software!
Read Next: HBO Max Dolby Vision Not Working?
Here we’ve learned how to fix the HBO Max not working on Xfinity X1 problem and what could possibly cause this issue in the first place.
We will be on the lookout for more issues that could come along the way with the Xfinity X1 cable box and extract the best solutions!
To bypass Parental Controls and gain access to restricted features, we strongly recommend installing Atlas VPN on your device to keep you secure.
The software routes the traffic to a different server, effectively hiding ALL users’ actions online!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.