You may be wondering if is it possible to watch Shaw BlueCurve on laptop.
Well, there are situations when you may find yourself in a position where you cannot access your TV.
In such cases, it may be necessary to watch your TV on a laptop or desktop. Shaw BlueCurve TV provides several options to watch TV on go.
You can watch Shaw BlueCurve TV on your laptop in two ways. One, watch the TV by visiting the Shaw direct tv watching site on your browser. The second way is by installing the Shaw mobile app on your PC. You will need a third-party app to install the app on your PC.
If you need to watch some TV on your PC, there are a few ways to make it happen. Shaw BlueCurve provides free access to all your programs on the web.
Keep on reading to find out more ways.
There are a few situations that may necessitate watching your TV on your PC. This is not necessarily because you do not have a TV.
You may watch Shaw TV on PC in the following situations:
- When you have travelled abroad and do not have access to your mobile phone data or app.
- When you are still at the office and would love to watch TV on a large screen.
- In case you forget your phone at home, you can enjoy your TV on your PC at the office.
- In situations where your TV has developed a problem, you may turn to your PC for watching Shaw TV.
The good news is that watching Shaw BlueCurve TV does not come at an extra cost.
You can watch your TV using your single account either on the web or on the app.
When considering how to watch Shaw BlueCurve on laptop, you must remember that there are also guidelines.
It is not possible to watch your BlueCurve TV on just any device.
The following conditions must be attained
- You must not have logged in to other five different devices with your account. You are only allowed to log in to a maximum of 5 devices on BlueCurve TV.
- You are not allowed to download any content on your PC, including your recordings.
- You cannot control your TV or smartphone from your PC web browser.
The beauty of it all is that you are allowed to browse the web and use BlueCurve TV even when abroad.
You will not be treated to different terms just because you are abroad. You will not even need a VPN to watch BlueCurve on a PC.
You can watch your Shaw BlueCurve TV on the laptop or desktop at any time of the day.
The only requirement is that you have an internet connection and your Shaw BlueCurve logins.
The ways to watch Shaw BlueCurve TV on the laptop are:
- Using your website browser and Shaw BlueCurve logins
- Using the Shaw BlueCurve app on your laptop
Note: You will need a third-party app such as BlueStacks to install the Shaw BlueCurve app on your PC.
If you are the one asking- can I watch Shaw TV on my computer, you have your answer.
The easiest way to watch your Shaw TV on a computer is by opening it in your browser. For this purpose, you will need a modern updated browser.
The common browsers used for this purpose include Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet explorer.
Steps to watch Shaw TV on your computer browser
- Visit bluecurvetv.shaw.ca.
- Login to your account using your Shaw ID and password
- Once your PC is registered, browse through your interface and watch what you like
From your TV browser, you can watch all content including live sports, on-demand shows, movies and much more content.
In simple terms, you have access to all the content available on your TV.
Note: When you have registered Shaw on your PC, your content on your PC will be linked with all other devices.
You can start watching a show on PC and finish it up later on your phone or TV.
The experience you will have when using BlueCurve on a PC browser is not as good as when using the app.
The BlueCurve TV system is optimized for the app. This is why you may still want to install an app on your PC for a much better experience.
Unfortunately, Shaw does not have a PC app for the TV. The app they provide only works for android and apple smartphones.
The good news is that you can install the apps on your PC using the BlueStacks launcher on your PC.
How to watch Shaw BlueCurve on a laptop by downloading the app:
- Download the BlueStacks app here and install it on your PC
- To install BlueStacks, follow the prompts on your screen after the app has been downloaded
- Open the BlueStacks app once installed. It may take some time to load for the initial opening. Once it is opened, it should run smoothly.
- Once downloaded, click on the Google Play app and search for the Shaw BlueCurve app.
- Download the BlueCurve app to your PC and install it by following the prompts on your screen.
- Once the app is installed, it should be visible from your BlueStacks home screen.
- Click on the app to open and log in using your ID and password
- Once the app opens and you are logged in, enjoy watching all your favourite shows and TV on your PC like on your phone
Note: The BlueStacks app makes your PC work like an android device.
In other words, you will be having an android app experience every time you open the app on your PC.
It is also important to keep in mind that, the BlueStacks app does not support Bluetooth. If you want to connect your computer to your audio system for quality output, you have to use alternative options.
The alternative to using BlueStacks is installing the TV app using NoxPlayer. This is another android emulator that allows you to install and use android apps on a PC.
For BlueCurve TV, you can install the app and watch TV on a PC with NoxPlayer.
Here are the Steps to watch TV on PC using NoxPlayer:
- Download the NoxPlayer emulator from the NoxPlayer website
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the installation of the emulator
- Once the emulator is installed, open it and search for Google Play
- Open the Google Play app and search for BlueCurve TV
- Install the BlueCurve TV app on your PC via the NoxPlayer interface.
- Alternatively, you may download the APK file for the BlueCurve app and drag it to the NoxPlayer interface.
- After the app has been installed on your PC, open the NoxPlayer and find the BlueCurve app on your interface.
- When the app is open on your interface, log in with your BlueCurve ID and password.
- With that, you have access to all your Shaw BlueCurve TV shows and programs from the app
Note: The NoxPlayer interface only supports android applications. When using it you should have the experience of an android device.
It is possible to watch Shaw BlueCurve on laptop or desktop as long as you have internet access. The easiest way is by logging into your account on your browser.
The alternative is downloading the BlueCurve app on your PC using an android emulator.
Read Next: Shaw Direct Receiver Red Light Blinking?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.