Sky Q box allows on-demand entertainment apps. If you want to watch Amazon Prime on Sky Q box, we have a step-by guide to take you through the process.
Sky Q and Amazon Prime have a partnership like many other streaming apps. Hence, you can find the app pre-installed on your Sky Q on purchase. You will have to launch the app and connect your device to the Amazon Prime membership.
Let’s have a detailed look at the steps to have Prime Video On Sky Q.
For viewers wondering, can I view Amazon Prime Video on Sky Q? The answer is a simple yes.
However, you may have a doubt – Is Prime Video free on Sky Q? Unfortunately, Prime Video is not free.
You need to have an exclusive Amazon Prime membership taken to go ahead and watch them on your Sky Q box.
You do not have a combo subscription with the Sky Q box like how it comes with Netflix.
Now, let’s begin with a guide to understanding the procedure to Watch Amazon Prime Video On Sky Q Box.
If you still do not have a Prime Account subscription, use these steps to get one.
- Open the Amazon website on your browser or mobile.
- Enter with your Amazon credentials.
- Later, click on Prime Video on the Home page.
- Go through the options available to subscribe to a package according to your need.
- Choose the package and pay the fees.
- You are now an Amazon Prime customer.
Generally, you can go for monthly or yearly packages. Also, you get to try Amazon Prime Video for a trial period of 30 days.
You have two packages to choose from:
- £7.99 per month
- £79 a year
Yearly subscribers get Amazon Prime Video entitlements along with other exclusive deals. However, with the monthly rental, you get access to Amazon Prime Video viewership alone.
Cancelling the subscription is also possible once you log in to your Amazon account. Check the Members and Subscriptions page for all information.
Check if your Sky Q box has the Amazon Prime Video App pre-installed. Else, you can do it separately.
These are the steps to download Amazon Prime on Sky Q:
- Switch on your Sky Q box.
- You will reach the Sky Q homepage.
- On the left side of the page, you will have many lists, keep scrolling down till you find the option “Apps”.
- Click on Apps.
- You will have a list of apps that are compatible with Sky Q for download.
- Search for Amazon Prime Video.
- Click on Install.
Once the installation is complete, go inside the Amazon Prime Video and sign in using your Amazon Prime credentials.
The next step would be to pair the device with your Amazon Prime Video subscription for uninterrupted viewing.
Let’s go through the steps for opening the app on the Sky Q box:
- Switch on Sky Q box with internet connectivity.
- Select the Amazon Prime Video from Apps or use a voice-enabled remote and say, “Open Prime Video”.
- Once the app is open, you get a message “Sign-in to Start Watching”.
- Next, select Sign In.
- Use your Amazon Prime credentials.
- This happens only when you are launching this app for the first time.
Later, you have to pair the device. Use these steps for the same.
- Take another device like a mobile or computer.
- Go to amazon.co.uk/mytv through the device.
- Later, log in to your account again.
- The “Register a Device” page opens.
- You will get a registration code on your Sky Q box after signing in.
- Enter the code on your mobile/computer open page.
- Click on “Register Device”.
After successful addition, the Amazon Prime Video is now ready for viewing.
Sky Q mini boxes work the same as Sky Q boxes. Hence, if you are looking to add Amazon Prime video on Sky Q mini box, you have to follow the same steps as above.
There is no change in terms of installing and setting up the app in a mini box.
However, the mini box is capable of streaming the shows in HD definition only and not in UHD.
Sometimes, you face issues with Amazon Prime Video alone on your Sky Q while the majority of other streaming apps work fine. The common error message that bugs you is “Something went wrong, please try again later”.
You can try out these tips:
You can try to refresh your apps in the Sky Q to remove any issues.
Steps to refresh the apps on the Sky Q box:
- Go to the settings function on your Sky Q box.
- Press 0,0,1 on your remote.
- You will get to open the installer menu.
- Later, click on Apps, and the Refresh Apps box is visible.
- Select the Refresh option on the screen.
- A message “your apps are being refreshed” appears on the screen.
After refreshing, check if the Amazon Prime Video app is working fine.
You can try these tips to see if the problems still persist:
- First and foremost, try switching off the box and restarting again.
- Next, go to the apps’ settings in your Sky Q box.
- Remove all the cache associated with the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Later, sign out and sign in again with your credentials.
- If you see the problem still present, remove the app from your Sky Q box and reinstall it again.
Mostly by now, the problems should have cleared. Otherwise, talk to the customer care expert in Sky Q or Amazon Prime Video to understand the problem better.
If you are having issues watching Amazon Prime Video on Sky Q box, you have to check if your subscription is still valid.
Sometimes, you would have opted for the trial version. In that case, subscribe to a full-time membership with Amazon Prime Video.
Also, check if there are any problems or outages from the Amazon Prime Video provider’s end.
See if there are press releases and wait for the issue to clear on its own. You can also contact the customer helpline of Amazon Prime Video to understand the problems from their side.
A hard reboot of your box might get rid of all the issues surrounding app installation and viewing.
Try it out with the manuals to help do it perfectly.
You can watch Amazon Prime on the Sky Q box by installing the app (if it’s not already installed), subscribing to a plan, and logging in using the right credentials.
Read Next: How to Fix Sky Q Error MR104 in Easy Steps?
We believe this guide will help you watch Amazon Prime on Sky Q box easily. The app is either pre-installed in Sky Q boxes or you can choose to download it from the app store of Sky Q box.
Later, pair your device with the Amazon Prime Video account and you are good to go.
You also need an Amazon prime video valid subscription to enjoy watching without any interruption.
If you are facing problems watching, try refreshing the apps on your Sky Q box or reinstalling the app altogether to see if the problem is resolved.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.