Wondering why your VOXI data not working? This one is easy to resolve so keep reading!
Well, even when everything is supposed to go smoothly, issues arise out of nowhere, the mobile data stops working, and we’re left wondering how to fix this issue…
To fix VOXI mobile data issues, reinsert the SIM card, check APN settings, verify your subscription, and reset network settings if needed.
Let’s unwrap everything!
Why is My VOXI Data Not Working?
The reason why your VOXI-powered device cannot use mobile data could strongly vary!
Here are all the possibilities as to why you have no data on Vodafone VOXI:
- There is a problem with the “Mobile Data” feature.
- The APN settings have been configured incorrectly.
- The firmware of your VOXI SIM device is outdated.
- The monthly megabytes of your plan are used up.
- Your phone is already connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Fix VOXI Mobile Data Not Working in Easy Steps?
Tip: Observe the cellular indicator at the top of your mobile screen through the guide!
1. Activate the VOXI Device Mobile Data
First, you should check if the problem is on your device’s end, by checking if the “Mobile Data” feature is activated.
Well, even if your phone has access to a mobile device via the VOXI SIM card chip, there will be no internet unless you activate the mobile data feature in the settings.
How to Turn On Mobile Data (Android)?
- Open the settings app on your Android device.
- Go to “Cellular & Networks” and tap “Mobile Data”.
- Press the activation slider to turn on the feature.
- Exit the settings and check if the SIM bar changes.
How to Turn On Mobile Data (iOS)?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- At the top of the page, select “Mobile Data”.
- Press the grey sider to turn on the feature.
- Exit the settings tab and test the mobile data.
Check the Firmware of the Device!
The mobile data feature might not be working properly if the mobile device is still functioning on an outdated firmware version. In turn, you need to verify that the latest firmware version is there.
- To update an Android, go to Settings > “Firmware” > “Check for Updates”.
- To update an iOS, simply go to Settings > “General” > “Software Update”.
Alert: The device must be connected to the internet in order to download a firmware update!
2. Simply, Deactivate the Wi-Fi!
One of the reasons why VOXI’s mobile data will not display “4G” or “5G” is that your device is currently connected to Wi-Fi.
All mobile devices are programmed to ignore the cellular mobile data connection if there’s already an established connection with a nearby Wi-Fi network.
How to Turn Off Wi-Fi On Android?
✅ Navigate to “Settings”, press on “WiFi” and tap the activation slider. Your mobile device will automatically unpair from the Wi-Fi network and start using cellular data.
How to Turn Off Wi-Fi On iOS?
✅ Drag downwards from the top of your iPhone/iPad’s display and tap the “WiFi” icon to unpair your device from Wi-Fi. To entirely deactivate the feature, go to Settings > “WiFi”.
When Does My Mobile Use Cellular Data?
Said simply, your device will always prefer WiFi over cellular when both are enabled.
In addition, know that your device will automatically drop the WiFi when it’s weak and use cellular instead.
Tip: Keep the WiFi on your VOXI SIM device disabled for now!
3. Power Cycle VOXI SIM Device!
By performing a power cycle on the mobile device, you’re addressing any temporal issues with the hardware or underlying software conflicts.
This type of reset will not erase any personal or settings information from the mobile device, but will refresh all operational and cellular services!
Here’s how to power reset your mobile device:
- Connect the VOXI device to a charger.
- Then, hold the device’s power button.
- On the power menu, choose “Shut Down”.
- Wait for 15 seconds until the unit turns off.
- Then, hold the power button for 5 seconds!
Tip: We recommend performing a “Shutdown” over a simple “Restart”.
4. Reinsert the VOXI SIM Card
Another useful tip to refresh the cellular connection of your VOXI-supported mobile device is to reinsert the SIM card chip.
The two services SIM card provides your device with our cellular calling and cellular data, so taking out the chip temporarily should refresh both services.
Follow these steps to reinsert the SIM card of your mobile device:
- First, locate the SIM tray on the left/right panel of the device.
- Insert a SIM ejector tool into the pinhole above the SIM tray.
- Push the SIM tray release button to pop out the SIM holder.
- Gently eject the SIM card and clean the SIM tray out of dust.
- Embed the SIM card into the tray and gently push it within.
- Wait until the VOXI device recognizes the SIM and connects.
Tip: To know whether your VOXI SIM has been recognized, wait for a PIN prompt to appear!
5. Review the Subscription Policies
It is possible that you may have exhausted all of the megabytes available for your VOXI mobile data subscription.
If you’ve chosen a subscription plan that does not contain unlimited access to mobile internet, you will be limited in how much cellular internet you’re allowed to use monthly.
How to Check Remaining VOXI Mobile Data (Browser)?
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Then, navigate to VOXI.co.uk/sign-in.
- Insert your client username/password.
- Then, press on the “Next” button below.
- Go to “Statistics” and review your plan.
How to Check Remaining VOXI Mobile Data (App)?
- Download the VOXI mobile app from the Google Play/App Store.
- Then, open the application on your device and tap on “Sign In”.
- Insert the required username and password in order to sign in.
- Press on “Sign-In” and follow the app’s activation instructions.
- Once you’ve connected the application, view the VOXI dashboard.
Tip: You can purchase additional megabytes of data through the VOXI app or online!
6. Correct VOXI Provider APN Settings
Since VOXI is a Vodafone brand, you must configure the APN settings of your device to match the ones powered by the Vodafone network.
A misconfiguration in those settings is common after resetting a device or inserting multiple SIM cards into the tray, so let’s re-configure them!
How to Correct VOXI APN Configuration for Android!
To configure APN on Android, go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Network > Access Point Names. Then, press the “Menu” button to configure a new APN.
|Android APN Setting:
Correct VOXI APN Configuration for iOS!
To configure APN on iOS, enter Settings, then Mobile Data, and go to Mobile Network Data.
|iOS APN Setting:
7. Reset the Network Settings of your Device!
If all else failed, then you should reset the network settings of your mobile device, which is a double-sided edge method.
Yes, this approach will definitely help in case of a fault with the settings but will erase all of your Bluetooth, WiFi, and Celluar settings, permanently.
How to Initialize Network Settings On Android?
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll downwards and tap on the “System” tab.
- Press the “Reset” option in the system tab.
- Choose “Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth”.
- Tap “Reset settings” to confirm the action.
How to Initialize Network Settings On iOS?
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to “General” and tap “Transfer or Reset [Device]”.
- Choose “Reset” and tap on “Reset Network Settings”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.
Note: In case your VOXI data is still not working, contact VOXI Customer Service!
The reason why VOXI data not working could be due to issues with the mobile device or an exhausted monthly megabyte allowance. To correct this problem, reinsert the VOXI SIM card, check the status of your VOXI subscription, and reset the network settings!
Follow us for more!
Read Next: How to Activate VOXI SIM Without Topping Up?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.