Does the Virgin Media TV code W02 keep occurring during stream sessions?
Let’s resolve that error!
What’s common for all error codes on Virgin Media TV is that something is wrong.
It could either be due to a missing signal, WiFi connectivity issues or even problematic cable configuration.
Let’s begin to unwrap all possible ways to get the W02 Virgin error fixed!
To fix the Virgin Media TV error code W02, Reboot both your cable box and hub. Have all of the cables in your setup inspected and replace the faulty ones. Next, check for an outage with the Virgin TV Service and reset your cable box to Factory Defaults.
Prior to our troubleshooting, let’s first learn what the Virgin Media W02 error means!
The W02 error means that there is a problem with the channel’s signal.
The W02 message indicates an error in most cases related to the channel. The issue could either be with your cable box or the channel you’re attempting to stream.
Whether the broadcast would connect or not is really dependent on the current state of Virgin servers!
What’s causing the W02 error on Virgin?
- A Cable Connection Problem within your setup!
- A Wall Jack Output interruption.
- Power Fluctuations with your Virgin Cable Box
- A malfunction in the Virgin Splitter
- Software-related Virgin Cable Box Issue
The standard setup of Virgin streaming media consists of a cable box and a hub. The wiring configuration must be established correctly, in order for your devices to receive a signal.
To learn how to fix the W02 Virgin error in minutes, keep reading!
Once you know what’s going on with your setup, it’s time to unwrap the solutions!
In order to achieve the best troubleshooting efficiency, follow the chronological order of our instructions and pay attention to any notes, tips and alerts.
Let’s jump right into it…
Performing a Reboot (Power Cycle) on your cable box will clear up this problem!
Power deficiency with either your cable box or Virgin Hub will result in a variety of software and signal issues with the device.
However, there’s the power cycle process that will essentially discharge your device, reset ALL services, and hopefully help.
How to Reboot (Power Cycle) Virgin box:
- Press the Power Button at the back of the box.
- Wait for the device to Shutdown completely.
- Disconnect the Power Adapter from out of the box.
- Wait for an average of 4-6 minutes.
- Reconnect the power cable of the Virgin box.
- Hit the Power Button again to turn on the device’s power.
- Wait for the box to start up.
After turning on your Virgin Box, give it a minute or two so it could start the software. After that, turn on a broadcast available in your Virgin library and put the signal to a test.
Note: If the W02 error persists, it will pop up on whatever channel you attempt to stream!
Perhaps, this error code could be common for only a number of Virgin Channels.
Chances are that most of the channels in your Virgin Media package are currently available and the W02 error is occurring due to an outage.
Channel providers that are partners with Virgin Media could be experiencing an outage and the W02 error is the prime indication.
Test on multiple Virgin TV Channels:
- Grab your Virgin box remote.
- Point the remote at the cable box.
- Press the Channel +/- button.
- Wait for the broadcast to switch.
Stand for 45-60 seconds on each channel to determine if the broadcast is functional. This is the common time interval required for a channel to connect with your cable box.
Note: Test the functionality of at least 2-3 different channels and watch out for the W02 error!
The Cable Setup is what really matters and could be the cause for the error W02.
- If you have a hub/box combo, the splitter is essential for the connection!
What’s usual among the Virgin Media TV setups is that most users either have a cable box only or a hub-TV box combo.
Based on what amount of Virgin devices your setup contains, the cable configuration could have a non-identical look.
Let’s review the two different setup possibilities!
Virgin cable box only:
- А Power Adapter connecting the box to the power
- A Coaxial Cable plugging the TV box into a wall outlet
- An HDMI Cable connecting the box to your TV
Virgin cable box/hub combo:
- A Power Adapter and HDMI connecting to the cable box
- An Ethernet cable plugging the cable box to the hub
- A Coaxial Cable plugging the box with the wall outlet
- A Splitter Device connecting the cable box and hub’s coax cables
- A Coaxial Cable attaching the box to the hub
Based on what type of setup, the following cables are required for optimal functionality.
Note: If you wish to boost the performance of your devices, use high-definition cables!
We know that relocating your setup could be quite challenging, but testing the signal on a new coax outlet is worth it.
Especially old technology outlets, could have signal interference and impact the connection between your box and official Virgin Media servers.
Relocate your setup near another coaxial outlet in your household
How to Test a Coaxial Outlet?
- Using a multimeter by plugging it into the outlet
- Connecting a modem with the outlet
- Looking at LEDs installed along with the outlet
Note: Newer coaxial outlets would have LED lights to display the functionality of the port.
There’s a way to refresh the software of both your Virgin TV Hub and Cable Box!
Resetting either of your devices will result in permanent data loss!
A Factory Reset is going to flush all configurations, options and settings you have applied to your devices.
This is an end-solution and you should only apply it if you’ve already tried everything in our guide.
Let’s check how a factory reset on the Virgin Hub/Box is done!
How to Factory Reset Virgin Hub:
- Look at the back of your hub.
- Power OFF the device using the button.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Turn the A/C Power Switch back to the ON position.
- Wait for your hub to start running.
- Test your Virgin Media!
How to Factory Reset Virgin TV box:
- In your box settings, navigate to Settings.
- Press Advanced Settings.
- Hit the OK button on your remote.
- Select the Virgin TV box in the following menu.
- Select Factory Reset.
- Follow the remaining instructions.
Testing is important. Putting your streaming to the test after each solution is a must in order to determine the state of the issue.
Make sure to attempt the streaming after resetting each of your streaming devices to determine if the W02 error code is still there!
Note: Take a picture of the settings within your Virgin Media you wish to re-apply later!
In case Virgin Media TV code W02 appears on ALL channels, keep reading!
This is when in a specific region of the UK, Virgin Media is undergoing a signal dispersing problem and you’re not able to stream.
That’s a common thing and could happen quite frequently in different locations. Unfortunately, waiting it out is your only option…
- Go to Virgin Media Service Checker and press “Check service status”.
After that, input details that are referring to your live location to track for outages.
The indicator that will appear on the next screen will display outage/maintenance data in the last 24 hours.
The information would include only your region for better orientation.
Tip: For more outage information, contact Virgin Media through their official website!
Hence, to fix the W02 Virgin Media error code, restart both your Virgin TV Hub and Cable Box. Then, inspect ALL cable connections in your setup and play a different Virgin Channel to test. As a last resort, perform a Factory Reset on both instances!
In this guide, you’ve learned all about the Virgin Media TV code W02 and how to properly troubleshoot the error.
Most error codes tend to occur from time to time on your Virgin Media, even without proper reasoning. With our solutions, you can go wrong!
Read Next: Can You Cast Virgin TV Go?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.