Wondering can you cast Virgin TV GO? Of course, you can!
There is a method to cast content from the Virgin TV GO app on the big TV screen since the application is not available on Smart TVs.
However, you can download the app on the Android or iOS device and then use “Chromecast” or simply mirror the screen of your device to your TV.
Virgin TV GO can be casted on a TV screen with Chromecast or by using the TVs “Screen Casting” feature. Sadly, iPhones can only AirPlay to Apple TVs and via Chromecast Plug. In case you’ve got an Android device, screen casting to any smart TV is easy!
Let’s jump straight into the very first method without using Chromecast at all!
The straightforward answer is YES, you can cast Virgin TV Go to your big screen!
There are several methods to achieve the goal:
- Connect via Chromecast Plug
- Use Android Phone “Screen Cast”
- AirPlay to Apple TV (iOS)
- Wired connection via HDMI Adapter
- Third-party screen-casting applications
We’ll begin with learning how to cast from various devices using Chromecast and then also learn how to cast Virgin TV GO in alternative methods.
When you’ve got a Chromecast device, screencasting is always easier.
You can screencast the content from your smartphone, tablet, or computer in just a minute.
Let’s jump right in!
In case you’ve got the Virgin TV GO app on your Android smartphone and you want to enjoy the content on your big screen, this is the method for you.
It’s simple as long as you follow the steps in order and make sure not to skip anything.
- Hook-up your Chromecast dongle to one of your TV HDMI inputs.
- Press the Source or Input button on your remote.
- To select the correct HDMI Source in your TV’s Inputs Menu
- Connect your Android smartphone and the Chromecast to one WiFi
- Open the Virgin TV GO app on the Android smartphone and sign into your profile.
- Slide down the Quick Menu on your phone and tap on the Screen Cast feature.
- Select the Chromecast connected to the TV, to mirror the screen.
- Start streaming Virgin TV GO content on your smartphone.
The content on your smartphone’s screen will now appear on your TV and you’ll be able to enjoy Virgin TV GO on a big screen.
All you need to keep in mind is that your smartphone should remain turned on for as long as you keep watching Virgin TV GO.
Alert: Apple devices can’t cast screen to a smart TV, only Airplay to Apple TVs.
If you’re an apple user, this method will describe how to Chromecast Virgin TV GO content to your TV screen.
Your device could be iPhone, iPod or iPad, the operation remains the same and easy so let’s jump right into the steps!
Note: This method also works for all Android smartphones!
- Insert your Chromecast into the HDMI port of your television.
- Download and install Google Home and the Virgin TV GO apps on your smartphone!
- Sign in to both applications using the respective accounts’ credentials.
- Connect your smartphone and Chromecast to one WiFi broadband.
- Enter the Google Home app on the smartphone and search for available devices
- Choose your TV Chromecast from the options and then access Cast My Screen.
- Open the Virgin TV GO application and start streaming content.
To keep the Chromecast working, keep streaming the Virgin TV GO content on your smartphone, as long as you want to watch.
Then simply exit the Google Home application to stop the screen casting. You can do that operation anytime and it would work!
Alert: Closing Google Home or Virgin TV GO apps will interrupt the screencasting!
In case you’ve got a Windows/Mac computer and a Chromecast plug, this method will help you cast Virgin TV GO on the big TV screen.
The steps are simple, and only require your computer to be connected to the internet, hence being able to access the Virgin TV website!
- Use one of the HDMI ports on your TV to connect your Chromecast dongle!
- Connect your computer and Chromecast to the same Wireless Network (WiFi).
- Download and Install the Google Chrome browser on your computer!
- Open the Virgin TV GO website in your Google Chrome browser.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner to access the options.
- Click on the Cast… options from the settings menu.
- Then tap the Sources Menu, on the little prompt that will appear on the right side.
- Select Cast Desktop.
- Sign in to the Virgin TV GO through your Google Chrome browser.
- Start streaming content on your Chromecast TV screen.
In case you don’t have a Chromecast plug, we’ve got more methods for you!
One of the best-working and most popular methods to mirror the screen of your device is to use the Miracast mobile application.
You don’t need a Chromecast dongle, but you need to check whether your smart TV supports Mirroring Feature.
- Go to Settings > Apps and check for “Miracast”, “Cast Screen” or “Wireless Screen”.
Once you find the screen casting application you need to download the Miracast app and connect both the TV and smartphone to one WiFi.
When you’re ready, you can discover and connect to your smart TV from the Miracast application to mirror your screen.
The last step is to start streaming Virgin TV GO on your smartphone to enjoy the content on your big TV screen.
We all know that nowadays ALL smart TVs support HDMI cables.
However, we were never able to connect our smartphone to an HDMI cable since we never had the USB to HDMI converter.
- Based on your device, use MicroUSB to HDMI or Type C to HDMI adapter!
The device is cheap but super-efficient when we can’t cast Virgin TV GO on our TV using any previous methods.
Well, you’ll need to wait a few days for the delivery but once you connect your smartphone to your TV, you can mirror anything.
One side of the adapter plugs into your smartphone, and the other side connects to the TV’s HDMI cable.
Then by selecting the correct HDMI source, you’ll have the content on your TV.
Tip: Find the best HDMI converters at the bottom of this guide!
There are many more methods to cast your smartphone’s screen to a smart TV to be able to stream Virgin TV GO content.
You only need to enter the Google Play or App Store on your device and search for “Screen Mirror” applications.
You will discover apps that support screen casting with:
- Fire TV
- Android TV
- Philips TV
- Samsung TV
Based on your device, you can find an app that will get the job done!
The most crucial aspect when using a third-party application is to keep the phone and TV connected to the same Wireless Network (WiFi).
This is wireless connection based and without using the same network for both instances the connection will never work.
Tip: Read the app's description to find out whether your TV is supported or not.
Hence, to cast Virgin TV GO to any smart TV you can either use a Chromecast or check whether your TV supports a Screen Casting feature. For iOS users the AirPlay is the best way to cast Virgin TV GO to their Apple TV. In case all else fails, use an HDMI adapter.
In case you’re interested in connecting your device via an HDMI converter to be able to Virgin TV GO on your TV screen, we recommend getting a Type C to HDMI Adapter.
But the best way to do it is – Using Chromecast. In case you don’t have one, you can buy Chromecast from here.
Now we know can you cast Virgin TV GO and we’re ready to stream the content on our big TV screen.
What we’ve learned is that keeping both instances involved in the casting to the same network is the most important aspect. Without this, the connection would never work!
All the Best!
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.