Wondering why is the Three WiFi Calling not working? Well, many people also face this issue!
The WiFi calling feature allows for connecting with dialers solely over a wireless connection, so you don’t need cellular coverage from the operator.
Well, there are multiple requirements for WiFi calling and many surrounding factors that might impact the functionality of WiFi calling.
Whenever the WiFi calling of your Three mobile device isn’t working, restart the “WiFi” feature and check if the mobile device supports WiFi calling. If the problem is still there, reinsert the SIM card of the device, power-reset your unit and reset the network settings.
Let’s continue to unwrap the reasons and solutions!
Why is the WiFi Calling On Three Not Working?
WiFi calling is a technology that allows mobile devices with no cellular connection to call and accept outgoing calls made to their number with the assistance of a WiFi network.
Hence, as long as your mobile device is connected to WiFi, the Three WiFi calling feature should work.
Here are the possibilities leading to issues with WiFi calling on your Three mobile devices:
Those are the possibilities why the WiFi Calling is not working on your Three mobile, and luckily, there are many ways to address this issue.
To tackle everything at once, follow the guide below:
Three WiFi Calling Not Working – 6 Easy Ways to Fix!
Tip: Follow our instructions consecutively!
1. Verify the WiFi Calling Support
If you cannot conduct a call with another subscriber while not in cellular coverage, your device might not support WiFi calling.
To help users find out whether their device is capable of calling over WiFi, Three produced a helpful “Device Support” online page to verify compatibility.
Here’s how to check if your device supports WiFi calling:
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Then, navigate to the devicesupport.three.co.uk page.
- Use the search field to locate your mobile device model.
- Select the device and locate the “WiFi Calling” field next.
- Check for an “X” mark or a tick next to the “WiFi Calling.”
Note: If an “X” is next to the “WiFi Calling” field, your device does not support the feature!
Is Your Mobile Three-Powered?
If your mobile device hasn’t been purchased by Three, there is no guarantee that the WiFi calls feature will work.
There’s an easy way to tell if your device is locked to Three Mobile, and all you have to do is reboot the smartphone and determine if the Three logos will appear on the screen.
Hold the “Power” button on the side panel of the device and choose “Reboot”.
After the device’s display powers off, wait for 15 seconds and check if the “Three” logo appears on the screen during the startup stage of the reboot.
If yes, then your mobile is Three-powered.
Note: If the Three logo does not appear, your device may not be connected to the network!
2. Activate the Mobile’s “WiFi Calling”
Most Android devices have a feature labelled with “WiFi Calling” in the system settings.
If you haven’t enabled the WiFi Calling ability of your mobile device, you will be unable to connect with callers when the device is not in cellular network coverage.
Tip: Before you start, toggle the WiFi feature ON and OFF through the settings!
How to Activate “WiFi Calling” On Android?
- From the Android home screen, open the “Phone.”
- Next, locate and tap on the “More” icon for options.
- Then tap on “Settings” and press on the “Calls” tab.
- Verify that the WiFi calling is enabled on the device.
How to Activate “WiFi Calling” On Apple?
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone/iPad device.
- Tap the search field, type “Phone”, and enter the tab.
- Then, scroll down and press on the “WiFi Calling” tile.
- Once in the “Phone” tab, press the activation slider.
- When you’re ready, you can return to the home page.
Alert: If the mobile device does not support WiFi calling, the feature will not appear!
3. Update the Device’s System Version!
Perhaps the WiFi calling will be available after updating the OS version of the Three mobile unit and restarting the system.
If the mobile device falls behind on the firmware version, your access to the essential features such as “WiFi Calling” might be unsupported, restricted or limited.
Note: The Three mobile device must be connected to the internet to update the system!
How to Update System Version On Android?
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Go to “Firmware Update” or “Software Update”.
- Next, press on the “Check for Updates” button.
- After an update is validated, press “Start Update”.
- Wait until the Android device finalises the process.
How to Update System Version On iOS?
- First, launch the Settings of your iPhone/iPad device.
- Open the “General” tab and go to “Software Update”.
- Wait for the iOS system to perform an automatic scan.
- Tap the “Install Now” button if there’s a newer firmware.
- Wait until the iPhone/iPad finalises the system update.
Remember that after the system update is finalised, the mobile device will reboot to load all the new software files.
So, do not interact with the device while the update is ongoing, or you may accidentally cancel the process and cause further faults with your device’s operating system.
Tip: Connect your device with a charger if the battery is low!
4. Reboot the WiFi Router of the Network
Perhaps WiFi Calling not working on Three because of underlying issues with the WiFi network device.
If the Three mobile device fails to maintain a consistent connection with the WiFi router, a functionality problem likely needs addressing!
Here’s how to effectively reboot the WiFi router of the network:
- Press and hold the “power” button on the network router.
- When your device powers off, unplug the unit from power.
- Then, wait for 60 seconds while the router is discharging.
- Reconnect the power cord of the device back into power.
Tip: Test the WiFi Calling feature with the Mobile Data (Cellular) feature disabled!
5. Reinsert the Three Mobile SIM Card!
To address non-lasting issues with the cellular coverage and the Three “WiFi Calling” feature, it is strongly recommended to reinsert the mobile SIM card from your device.
Everything you need is the SIM ejector tool to gain access to the SIM tray and refresh the cellular SIM connectivity!
Here’s how to universally eject the SIM card of any mobile device:
- Find the SIM compartment on the sides of your mobile panel.
- Insert the SIM tool into the small opening above the SIM tray.
- Pull out the SIM tray after it clicks as a result of pushing the pin.
- Eject the SIM card from the SIM tray and wait for 60 seconds.
- Clean the SIM tray out of debris, obstructions and accumulation.
- Place the Three SIM card back into the tray and push it within.
Note: Verify that the SIM tray has clicked into the compartment and cannot be pulled out!
6. Reset the Device’s Network Settings!
Hence, if the issue is still there, it is advised to revert the network settings of the mobile device back to their default state.
If you’ve tampered with the network configuration in any way, there’s a possibility that the “WiFi Calling” has been deactivated and will no longer work…
Warning: Erasing the network settings will delete all remembered WiFi/Bluetooth networks!
How to Reset Network Settings On Android?
- First, open the “Settings” app on the Android device.
- Then, scroll down and select the “System” section.
- Select “Reset options” > “Reset network options”.
- Tap “Reset settings” to confirm the pending process.
- Wait until the Android device erases the network data.
How to Reset Network Settings On iOS?
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone device.
- Tap the “General” tab and scroll all the way down.
- After that, press on “Reset or Transfer [Device]”.
- Then, tap on “Reset” > “Reset Network Settings”.
- Lastly, confirm the process and wait for 2 minutes.
After starting the network settings reset, the mobile device will be inactive for up to two minutes.
As with the firmware update, do not interact with the device until the process is done, and when ready, set up the WiFi Calling feature in the settings of your mobile and test whether it will work!
Tip: For more assistance, contact Three Customer Service!
Hence, to fix when the Three WiFi Calling not working, verify that the Three mobile device supports the feature and check if there’s an ongoing Three outage.
If the problem is still there, update the operating version of the mobile device and reset the network settings!
Visit our online blog for more technical guidelines and tips!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.