Looking for a complete TELUS WiFi Booster setup guide? Make sure to keep reading!
After thoroughly researching the setup guide of TELUS WiFi Boosters, we’ve come up with the simplest guide that one could find.
You’ll learn all of the details behind setting up your boosters, how it’s done and how to properly manage your Mesh Network once it is established.
Follow these instructions to quickly set up your boosters!
To perform the TELUS WiFi Booster setup process, start by turning on your network device and connecting the first booster to the modem via an Ethernet cable. Then place the second booster 12 meters away and pair the first booster to WiFi.
If that wasn’t enough for you to understand the process, keep reading our complete guide!
In the upcoming guide, we’ll learn how to properly establish your TELUS setup!
We’ll go over all of the essential steps and content that’ll clarify for you how the setup is completed.
In order to successfully establish your TELUS WiFi Booster devices, you must follow the order of our steps and not miss any of them. That may result in a failed setup.
With that being said, let’s jump in!
In this first step, we’ll go through your network setup and what’s in the TELUS delivery package that you’ve just received.
The following things should be existent in the TELUS Booster’s box:
- 1 Power Adapter
- 1 Ethernet LAN Network Cable
- 2 TELUS WiFi Boosters
Make sure all of the following equipment is existent in your setup before we proceed further. In addition, you should also go through your existing network setup.
Let’s learn how!
How to prepare Network Setup:
- Ensure that your modem and router are online.
- Verify that all cable connections are intact
- Check if your network is online on the ISP’s side.
Once you’ve made sure of all of the following things, we could proceed with the initial setup of the TELUS WiFi Booster devices!
Note: You could verify that your network devices are functional, by checking out their LEDs.
The second step of our guide, which will initially get the setup started is the installation of the first booster.
Since the starter pack of TELUS WiFi Boost consists of two booster devices, the first one must be in close proximity to the network device, in order to connect via Ethernet.
The second booster which we will discuss later, will establish the Mesh Network.
Follow these instructions to install your main TELUS WiFi Booster in the setup:
- Take out one of the boosters from the box (doesn’t matter which one).
- Place the booster next to the Network Device.
- Get the included power adapter in the TELUS WiFi Booster’s box.
- Connect the power adapter to the booster and then to a power source.
- Take out the Ethernet Cable from the delivery box.
- Hook up the Ethernet into a blue port on your modem.
- Connect the 2nd end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet Port on your booster.
- Press the Power Button on the TELUS Booster and wait for its LED to become blue.
Once the cable connection between the booster and the network device is established, the booster will have access to the network.
Alert: Connecting the booster to Wi-Fi is done separately from establishing a network connection.
Now, we’ll be getting your second TELUS WiFi Booster installed in order to bring your Mesh Network online.
You’ll have coverage throughout every corner of your house, as long as the 2nd booster is positioned correctly and in a natural position.
Let’s learn how to connect TELUS WiFi Booster and use it as a secondary unit:
- Take the second booster out of the delivery box.
- Locate a place for the booster 12 meters away from the main base unit.
- Place the second booster in its position.
- Using a power adapter, turn on the power of the TELUS WiFi Booster.
- Press the Power Button on the device to turn it on.
Since TELUS only delivers one power adapter with their packages, you’ll have to either use one of your own or have the TELUS starter package that has two adapters.
TELUS boosters generally use standard power adapters, which shouldn’t be too hard to find considering their nature.
Note: The second WiFi booster must also light up in blue light as a result of pressing the power.
In order to connect your booster to WiFi, you must first acquire the TELUS Application on your mobile device.
The platform is available for both Android and iOS devices and doesn’t take up much space on your device’s storage.
Alert: In order to function properly, the TELUS App must be kept up to date at all times
Here’s how to get the TELUS App on your mobile device in easy steps:
- On your mobile, launch the App Store application.
- Tap the search field.
- Write down “TELUS” and press the search icon.
- Once results appear, select the first app and make sure it’s the original TELUS platform.
- Press the “Download” button and wait for the app to be installed.
- Once installed, launch TELUS and either Sign In or Sign Up.
- Verify your registration or complete the login by inserting your username and password.
- Head to the home screen of the app.
When launching the TELUS app for the first time, you may be prompted whether you want or not to allow “Automatic Updates” for the platform.
Make sure to allow that prompt, in order for the application to receive updates automatically, as long as your device is connected to WiFi.
To complete the setup and bring your network online, all there is left to do is have the main TELUS Booster connected to WiFi.
Since you’ve already acquired the TELUS application on your mobile device, you could easily do that by heading into the settings and creating a profile for the booster.
Tip: You’ll be able to manage the Mesh Network through the booster’s profile within the app
Let’s now learn how to connect your TELUS Booster to the WiFi in easy steps:
- Launch the TELUS App on your mobile device.
- Press the “Add Device” button, situated at the top-right of your screen.
- Select the type of TELUS Device you wish to add.
- Create a profile for your TELUS WiFi Booster in the TELUS app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the Networking Setup.
- On the WiFi connections page, select your household’s WiFi.
- Insert the security key (password) for your WiFi.
- Press the “Connect” button.
- Follow any necessary prompts that have been left over after setting up the WiFi.
Once the profile of your TELUS WiFi Booster has been created in the TELUS app, you’ll be able to configure its settings and add preferences regarding the functionality.
All you have to do is launch the TELUS app, head to “Devices” and then select your WiFi Booster.
Alert: Deleting the TELUS Booster’s profile will erase any pre-created settings configuration.
If you’re in need of more assistance, feel free to contact TELUS to let them know of your problem.
They will grant you details regarding the setup and resolve any potential causes!
Hence, to perform the TELUS WiFi Booster setup, place the first booster next to the modem and wire both of the devices via Ethernet. Place the 2nd booster 12m away and connect its power adapter. Finally, hook up the main booster to WiFi and you’re done!
Read Next: How to Fix TELUS WiFi Booster Red Light?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.