When the TELUS landline voicemail not working error occurs, you must find a quick solution.
Do not panic if you are experiencing this error on your home phone. TELUS home phones could experience voicemail challenges due to some changes you make.
We will explore all the possible solutions to this problem accurately.
To fix the TELUS landline not working, you have to reset your landline if you changed your address. You have to give your voicemail time to unlock if it is blocked. If both options fail, power cycle your phone or restart it.
The steps you can take to solve a malfunctioning TELUS phone are many.
Among these solutions include resetting your phone voicemail. Keep on reading to find other solutions.
There are many reasons behind the TELUS home phone voicemail not working.
If you are going to troubleshoot and solve the problem, you should know what to expect.
The main causes of the TELUS landline not working are:
- A recent change of home address or moving to a new location
- Blocked voicemail after entering the wrong pin several times
- System settings sometimes may affect the functions of your voicemail.
- A temporary glitch with the home phone system may require a reset.
Now that you know the main problems affecting your home phone voicemail, take the following steps to solve them.
If you recently move to a new home or change your address on the web, you must reset your voicemail. Home phones are linked to your home address.
Any adjustments you make must also lead to a change in your voicemail settings.
The other reason why your home phone might need resetting is if you upgrade from copper to fibre phone.
Your voicemail must be reset afresh to continue receiving voicemails. To reset your voicemail, follow the same steps you did to set up voicemail for the first time.
How to reset your voicemail following address change:
- Pick your home phone handset wait until you hear the tone then dial *98
- You will be prompted to enter your password for the first time. Enter the 10 digits of your phone number.
- Follow all the recorded instructions and respond accordingly to complete the setup.
- You will be required to set up a new password, which will be 4 to 15 digits long. Make sure you pick a password that is not easy for someone to guess.
- Next, chose whether you want to enter the password every time you dial your voicemail or bypass it.
Note: If you choose to bypass your password, you expose yourself to a high-security risk.
Anybody who has access to the phone will be able to retrieve your voicemails.
Besides setting your password, you will also have to set your greetings and record your name. All these settings can be done by simply following the prompts on your phone.
When you are done, hang up and exit voicemail and everything will have been restored.
The second reason you may be experiencing issues with Voicemail is if it gets locked.
If your voicemail is locked, you won’t get a response when you dial. You must unlock it to continue enjoying voicemail services.
Normally, your mailbox will get locked if you enter the wrong pin repeatedly.
If you have been trying to unlock your mail and entered the wrong pin, you should unlock it first to continue.
How to unlock voicemail after entering the wrong pin:
- Hang-up the home phone first
- Wait for about 5 to 10 minutes
- Your mailbox should unlock automatically. Try dialling again but make sure you input the right pin.
If you have forgotten your password completely, you should reset it. You can either call TELUS or reset your password from your TELUS account.
Steps to Reset your Password:
- Log in to your TELUS account
- Select Reset Voicemail Password
- Enter your ten-digit phone number as your temporary password
- Select Confirm
- You will see a confirmation message when you are done
- Go back to your home phone and dial *98 and follow the voice prompts.
- You will be given the option to change your password. You have to use your 10 phone number digits to set your new password
- After you set your new password confirm and proceed to receive your voicemails.
Note: Once you choose your phone number as your voicemail password, you are not obligated to change it.
You may as well let it operate as your primary password. The only problem is that it is a weak security password that can be hacked.
There are many times when you may think your voicemail is not responding.
If you realize that your voicemail is not responding, check to see if your phone is set to tone and pulse.
If your tone is not active, you must activate it to communicate well with your phone. Otherwise, you will not detect any change when pressing keys.
How to activate tone on TELUS Voicemail
- On your phone, locate the switch that sets the voice tone. It is located on the sides of the phone and can also be used to boost volume.
- Switch on tone
- Try calling your voicemail again to ascertain if the system responds.
Note: You should be able to tell if your voicemail tone is working by listening to the response when you dial.
In most home phones, the keys produce a tone when being dialled. If there is no sound when you press the keys, change the tone settings for the sake of voicemail.
If you are unable to solve the problem by trying the above options, you should try restarting your phone.
If your phone connects to a power source directly, you can simply unplug it. For a phone that uses a battery, you have to restart it.
How to power cycle your TELUS home phone
- Locate the power cable usually at the back of the phone
- Unplug it from power
- Wait for about 1 minute
- Insert the power code back and wait for the phone to restart.
If all the above solutions fail, you may try setting up voicemail on the web.
This is a temporary solution you may use to access your voicemails while the TELUS team works on your phone.
Activate your mailbox on the web:
- Visit the TELUS Voicemail on the web page
- Enter your user ID (Your 10-digit ten number)
- Enter the password for your voicemail.
- Create your permanent web password or skip it if you want to continue using your voicemail password.
- Select a security question and complete setting up
Once you have set up your mailbox on the web, follow these steps to access and retrieve your voicemails online.
- Go to Telus Voicemail site.
- Enter your user ID, which is your 10 digits phone number
- Enter the password you have chosen for your webmail
- Once you log in, you will see your mailbox messages in bold
- Click on a voice message to select it
- You can either play the voicemail directly on the web or download it.
- On your right, you will see options to forward, delete or reply to a voicemail on the web.
The above solutions should be able to fix TELUS landline voicemail, not working issues. It takes some time to arrive at the exact cause of your landline voicemail problems.
However, if you take the step-by-step approach in this post, you should be able to deal with the problem in a matter of minutes.
Good luck as you try to solve your issues.
Read Next: How to Check TELUS Voicemail Remotely?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.