If you are new to TELUS, you may be wondering how to check TELUS voicemail remotely.
This is a feature that allows TELUS users to access their voicemail messages at any time of the day.
TELUS has two options for accessing voicemail. You can access voicemail on your landline or your mobile phone.
To access voicemail on your TELUS mobile simply dial 1+ 10 digits phone number + then click send. This will allow you to listen to all your voicemails in the US and Canada on mobile. If you are using a landline enter the 10-digit phone number * then send to receive voicemail.
You can also access voicemail remotely even when you are outside the US and Canada. TELUS provides several voicemail options including text messaging.
Keep reading to find out more.
When checking voicemail remotely, your location matters. On some carriers, you cannot check voicemail when you are outside Canada.
On other carriers, you may not receive voicemail outside your carrier’s coverage.
The TELUS network is one of the most advanced and developed. It has wide coverage and as a result, you may retrieve your voicemails anywhere.
You can retrieve your voicemail in the following steps.
You can retrieve your mobile device voicemail from any location as long as you have your phone. If your phone is off, there is an option to use another phone.
- Dial 1+ your ten-digit phone number +
- Click send
- Enter your password when prompted
- Follow the voice prompts to listen to your voicemails
Note: If you dial to receive your voicemails you will be charged at normal call rates.
However, those within Canada will not be charged. In the US, roaming and long-distance charges may apply.
There are just a few steps on how to check TELUS voicemail from a landline.
Checking voicemail on a landline is quite different from a mobile device. Interestingly, you can check your landline voicemail even when you are outside Canada.
If you are within Canada, you can check the voicemail directly from your phone.
If you are outside Canada, check the instructions on how to check voicemail from another phone.
How to check landline voicemail in Canada:
- Dial your ten-digit phone number and press * then call
- Pres * to interrupt greetings
- Enter your password and follow the prompts
Note: You should actively correspond to the system to be able to listen to voicemails and take other actions
TELUS has a feature known as Instant Voicemail. This feature helps you receive new voicemails in terms of text messages.
If you will be travelling abroad, you should activate this feature to easily retrieve your voice messages.
Instant Voicemail allows you to
- Receive a text message containing your voicemail instead of a Voicemail Waiting Indicator.
- The text messages come directly to your inbox, where you can open the audio file.
For instance, if you receive a voicemail from Joe in your contacts, it comes as a message from Joe.
When you open the text message you can download an attachment voice message. With this feature, there is no need to call your voicemail to retrieve the information.
The best part about receiving your voicemail in terms of a message attachment is that you can download and store it.
When the message is stored as an audio file it can be used even after a long time.
To set up your voicemail, you have to log in to your TELUS account. Ideally, all you have to do is authorize voicemail to share your text package.
Your voicemail messages will be counted as part of the messages received and charged on the next package.
Here are the steps.
- Log in to your TELUS account
- If you do not have an account Register for one
- Select Change my add-ons
- Add Voicemail to text package
- Save changes and log out of the account
Note: The services available to you depend on your plan, rate, and the type of mobile phone you are using.
If you do not see a specific service you are interested in online you have to contact TELUS.
There are times when you may want to access TELUS mobility voicemail from another phone.
This could be necessary if you lost your phone or you are in a region that does not have coverage.
If you ever find yourself in this situation, there are ways to access TELUS voicemail.
To listen to your messages away from home
- Call your home phone number from another phone
- Press Star (*)
- Dial 1-844-310-9898 during greetings
- Enter your 10-digit number after greetings
- Press Star (*) and enter your password
- Press 1 to listen to your voicemails
- Press 7 to delete any voicemail message
- Press 9 to Save a message you have just listened to
- Select # to leave a message as Unread
- Select ** to exit your voicemail
Note: If you exit before you get a goodbye message you may incur extra charges.
In most cases, voicemail may remain active while you think that the call has ended.
If you are unable to access your messages through your phone or Instant Voicemail, try the web option.
From your account, you can access all the messages and save them. Besides accessing messages and saving, you can also adjust voicemail settings.
You can even decide on when and how to receive voicemail notifications on your phone.
Here are the steps to complete setting up your voicemail on the web
- Complete your voicemail setup before login to your account
- Login to your account at https://voicemail.TELUS.com
- Use your mailbox number to login into your account and your voicemail password.
- From your TELUS web, you can save, forward and listen to your voicemails.
- If you do not want to listen to voicemails instantly, you can forward them to your email.
- To listen to a voicemail, select My Message and choose from the list.
Go to My Greetings to listen, create and edit your greetings. You can create your main greeting, Holiday, Busy and Extended Absence greetings.
You may also schedule greetings from your account under My Greetings
Note: For the best experience with TELUS Voicemail on the web, use an updated modern browser such as Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
You can also set up how you receive notifications from your online portal. You may decide to receive notifications on your phone messages when you have a voicemail.
How to edit your notification preferences on the web:
- Go to My Notifications
- Select the phone number
- Select Change when you receive a message
- Set your preferences
Besides notifications, other options you can edit on the web are Groups and managing your profile. To edit groups and mailing lists go to My groups.
Note: You will receive notifications if you are in an area under digital coverage.
When you travel to a region with analogue coverage, you will have to check your voicemail manually.
If you have been wondering how to check TELUS voicemail remotely, the steps above should be helpful.
The main way to access your voicemail on the online portal is by dialling 1+ your ten-digit phone number+ and calling. Besides this approach, you can also access your voicemails via text messages.
Read Next: TELUS Voicemail Not Working on iPhone?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.