When the TCL Roku TV screen mirroring not working, the first thing that comes to mind is issues with the wireless connection.
This is the primary subject, that we’ll be investigating as well as many more surrounding factors.
Let’s explore more!
When the TCL Roku TV screen mirroring is not working, we need to ensure that both devices are hooked up to the same, and working WiFi.
In case that doesn’t help, we need to upgrade the Roku TV’s firmware and check for trouble on the connection device as well.
Why TCL Roku TV Screen Mirroring Worked Once But Not Working Now?
Screen mirroring is a connectivity feature that allows devices on the same WiFi network to connect with each other.
The same thing applies to your TCL Roku, as it needs a certain environment (the network) to search out other devices and connect with them.
Why TCL Roku Screen Mirroring Not Working?
- Inactive screen mirroring feature
- An issue with the wireless network
- Outdated Roku firmware version
- Connecting device OS problems
- Software issues with TCL Roku TV
- Not connected on the same WiFi
- Improper wireless (WiFi) settings
Try This First:
Sometimes, screen-sharing apps or features such as Miracast and other related utility tools and services are glitched and we only need to restart the service.
In that set of thoughts, simply toggle on and off the screen casting service on your devices!
How to Fix When TCL Roku TV Screen Mirroring Not Working?
Tip: Do not skip any of the steps and proceed in chronological order!
1. Enable Screen Mirroring on TCL Roku
In order to utilize the screen-sharing capabilities of your Roku, you must first enable the corresponding feature.
On the latest Roku devices after the 4K version, screen mirroring must be enabled manually in order for Roku to operate with external devices.
Here’s how to turn on the screencasting for your Roku device:
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
- Tap on “Settings” and choose “System”.
- Select the “Screen Mirroring” feature.
- Tap the activation slider to enable.
Info: In the “Screen Mirroring” tab, read some extra information regarding the feature and how it is used.
If you had any misunderstandings about the screen sharing is utilized on your Roku TV, everything is thoroughly explained.
2. Use the Same WiFi Network
The most important factor for setting up screen mirroring with your Roku TV device is using the same WiFi network on both devices.
If the mirroring worked once but it can no longer connect, it’s probably because the devices are paired to separate WiFi frequencies.
How to Check WiFi Network On Roku TV:
- Go to Settings > Network > Set up internet connection > “Wireless”
Check WiFi Network Universally on Devices:
- Head to Settings > “WiFi” > “Networks”
If using a dual-band router and you have multiple WiFi threads, connect the Roku TV and your mobile device to the same band.
This will stabilize the connection even further and save extra network resources for the rest of the online WiFi threads.
Tip: Connect both the TCL Roku TV and the mirroring device to the 2.4 GHz thread for a more reliable and consistent network connection.
3. Soft-Reset the TCL Roku Setup
Perhaps, the screen sharing is not working on TCL Roku TV due to a simple bug that can be resolved by performing a power circulation.
A simple, yet effective method against impermanent issues such as the mirroring bug you’re facing.
Power Cycle a TCL Roku TV?
- Press Home on your Roku TV remote.
- Select “Settings”, then choose “System”.
- Press “Power” and then“System Restart”.
Power Cycle a Connecting Device?
- Launch Settings on your device.
- Go to the “General” tab.
- Scroll all the way down.
- Tap on the “Power” tab.
- Select “Restart/Reboot”.
When your setup is refreshed, test establishing the screencasting!
4. Optimize the Internet Connection
To optimize your WiFi, you must first reboot the network device (router).
Network installations can either consist of a combined router/modem device (gateway) or of two separate devices – a modem and a router.
In addition, we have a few recommendations for stable screen mirroring:
- Relieve the WiFi by disconnecting unused devices.
- Disable any activated VPN in your home network
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable (for wired internet setup)
- Contact your ISP for a resolution on any potential issues
Tip: Verify that your WiFi is functional by connecting a third-party device!
5. Update the Roku TV’s Firmware
If Roku is on an outdated firmware version, the screen-sharing feature may not be working appropriately.
To take care of this problem, you must check if there’s newer firmware available for your Roku and update the firmware accordingly.
Here’s how to upgrade the firmware of your Roku TV:
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
- Select “Settings” from the tab in the menu.
- Choose “System” and go to “System Update”.
- Wait for Roku to initialize the new firmware.
The Roku TV requires an active internet connection to download the new firmware.
In that regard we strongly suggest, revising the previous step and whether you’ve skipped anything!
6. Resolve Screen Mirroring Issues!
The screen casting feature may be glitched on your connecting device’s end, as we’ve already clarified earlier.
This is why we need to learn what’s the dedicated feature that we can use and how it’s called for some of the most-popular connection devices.
|Mirroring||AirPlay||Smart View||Cast Screen||Screen Share||Screen mirroring||Wireless Display|
When you discover the feature, simply toggle on and off the option so you can start fresh.
Tip: Use the “Search” tab in your device’ settings to locate the feature!
7. Clear the TCL Roku TV Cache
If your Roku TV has too much, uncleared cache, the problem may be coming from there.
This is why before moving on to a more complex solution, clearing the cache is something simple to do!
Here’s how to clear the cache of your Roku:
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Tap on the Home button 5 times.
- Press Up once and Rewind twice.
- Press the Fast forward 2 times!
Info: Using this key combination should automatically take your Roku into the cache tab and clear all of the excess file data.
Observe your Roku progresses throughout the process.
8. Initialize your TCL Roku TV
The final and ultimate approach would be to perform a total data reset on your Roku.
The initialization reverts your device back to its default state, meaning that any configured setting, downloaded content, and saved information will be permanently deleted.
Here’s how a initialize or “factory reset” the TCL Roku TV:
- Press “Home” and navigate to “System”.
- Select “Advanced OS Settings”.
- Tap on the “Factory Reset” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: The initialization process could last up to several minutes so do not interact with the TCL Roku TV for the time being.
When the reset is over, re-try the screen sharing.
How to Fix TCL Roku TV Screen Mirroring Not Working iPhone?
When you’re experiencing the screen sharing issue on an iPhone or any other Apple product, the reason could be due to multiple reasons.
We’re going to explore all solutions combined in a few methods that will enable you to screencast from your iPhone to TCL Roku TV.
Method #1 Check the WiFi
- Verify that your iPhone is connected to a WiFi network!
Also, inspect the network settings of your iPhone fundamentally. Validate that “WiFi” is turned on and you’re connected with the correct WiFi frequency. In addition, disable the 4G cellular data!
Method #2 “Enable “AirPlay”
- Enable the “AirPlay” feature at Settings > AirPlay!
Some iPhones may require “AirPlay” enabled along with screen mirroring so it’s of great importance to keep the feature turned on. Also, ensure that Airplane Mode is disabled.
Method #3 Update iOS Software
- Go to Settings > Firmware Update > Update!
Your iPhone will first download the required update and then start installing, so keep your iPhone plugged into a charger in the meantime.
Then re-attempt the screen casting to Roku.
Still, Need Help?
If so, contact Roku’s Customer Support and report the problem you’ve encountered. If there’s a temporal fault with Roku TV’s screen mirroring, only the support team would be able to know!
Here we’ve learned that the solution when TCL Roku screen mirroring not working, is updating the firmware of the Roku and clearing the cache.
In case the issue is persistent, an alternative solution would be to optimize your internet connection and reset the Roku!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.