Whenever the T Mobile LTE not working, we can confidently claim that in this guide you will find a way to solve the issue. Let’s start directly with unwrapping what the solution includes!
The T-Mobile’s LTE will not work when the device’s network settings are incorrect or the SIM card has not been recognized or verified.
The LTE is also impacted by factors such as T-Mobile signal reception, planned or unplanned outages, and connection blunders!
Let’s unwrap the T-Mobile LTE issues further!
Top Reasons Why T Mobile 4G LTE Not Working?
- Weak T-Mobile signal reception strength
- A problem with the Mobile Data feature
- T-Mobile SIM card not embedded properly
- An issue with the provider network settings
- Temporal outage with the T-Mobile network
- A misconfiguration in the network settings
Verify T-Mobile Subscription!
It’s essential to ensure that any dues towards T-Mobile have been paid and your subscription is not suspected.
In addition, users with limited mobile data will experience a drastic reduction in the speed of internet services when exceeding the monthly limit.
Ways To Fix When 4G LTE Not Working T Mobile!
Note: Follow the chronological order and do not skip any of the steps!
1. Reboot the T-Mobile Phone!
The first step is to restart the T-Mobile phone or smartphone to reset any impermanent faults with the device.
It’s only important to shut down your device completely and not only select the restart option, which doesn’t power cycle the hardware entirely.
Here’s how to properly reboot any smartphone:
- Press and hold the “Power” button on the device.
- Wait for the power menu to appear on the screen.
- Select “Shutdown” from the list of available options.
- Wait for your smartphone to completely turn off.
Note: Ensure that the T-Mobile SIM card (PIN) code is required when your device turns on!
2. Verify T-Mobile Reception!
Poor T-Mobile signal strength can absolutely affect the performance of the 4G LTE and make it unbearably slow.
In some areas where no 4G is supported, the mobile device goes even slower and downgrades to 3G, in order to maintain the “send/receive” transfer.
- The reception bars on your mobile device, show the T-Mobile signal strength!
For optimal functionality of the 4G LTE, the bars must be at three or at the maximum – four. If the bars are at one or two, the T-Mobile 4G might shift to 3G or “E”.
Move to an open area or wait out any bad weather conditions for improvement in the T-Mobile signal reception.
Alert: Avoid dead zones such as forests, tunnels, and fields where the signal is obstructed.
3. Re-Enable the “T-Mobile Data”
To refresh the mobile data reaching your device, we recommended disabling and then enabling the “Mobile Data” feature.
This is the setting that allows your mobile device to connect with T-Mobile’s network and receive mobile data (internet) over the cellular connection.
Here’s how to refresh the “Mobile Data” setting of your phone:
- Head into the Settings of your phone.
- Navigate to the “Cellular & Data” tab.
- Press on the “Mobile Data” feature.
- Toggle OFF and ON the 4G LTE.
Info: When the mobile data is disabled the “4G” indicator on the device’s screen will disappear and respectively reappear when you toggle the feature on.
4. Tune the T-Mobile APN Settings
Sometimes the reason why the T-Mobile LTE is not working is due to misconfiguration in the APN (Access Point Name) settings.
Our devices, typically perform this configuration manually but sometimes, a human touch is necessary and inevitable.
- The APN settings can be found in Settings > Network > Mobile Networks > APN
When you’re there press on “New APN” and configure as per the table below:
|MMS Protocol:||WAP 2.0|
Note: Leave all other fields <Not Set> or blank!
5. Turn OFF the Airplane Mode!
A great way to refresh the 4G LTE you receive from T-Mobile is to toggle the airplane mode ON/OFF.
Well, it’s not excluded that the option is currently enabled, which is why the T-Mobile LTE is not working on your device.
Here’s how to check and toggle on/off the Airplane mode:
- Open the Settings on your T-Mobile smartphone.
- Head into the “DND” tab or directly to “Airplane Mode”.
- Alternatively, slide down to bring up the Quick Menu.
- From there you can toggle ON and OFF the feature.
In addition, it’s important to check for any “Sleep Mode” or other feature suspenseful services on your mobile device.
It’s also worth checking whether any recently installed apps are interfering.
6. Verify T-Mobile Subscription!
An important factor to address is the condition of your T-Mobile subscription.
A prolonged period of time without paying results in a suspension of all T-Mobile services including mobile data, calls, text messages, and more…
- The T-Mobile subscription can be checked via the mobile app!
How To Sign Into T-Mobile?
Upon subscribing to any cellular service at T-Mobile, you will be provided with credentials that you can use to access the application and set up an account.
All you have to do is sign in with your provided credentials into the T-Mobile phone application or the website.
How to Access T-Mobile’s App?
- Download the T-Mobile app on your mobile.
- Start the app and press the “Sign in” button.
- Enter your T-Mobile username and password.
- Press “Sign in” and then go to “Subscription”.
- Inspect whether there are any pending fees.
Note: Any pending fees will be reflected in the “Subscription” status!
7. Update your Device’s Firmware
In order to support a reliable connection with your provider’s network, your mobile device must be at the latest firmware version available.
Thus, we’ll be updating the software of your phone in this solution to verify that all compatibility factors with T-Mobile are met.
Here’s how to update most mobile devices in easy steps:
- Open the Settings on the T-Mobile device.
- Locate the “System” or the “Firmware” tab
- Tap on “Check for Updates” > “Update”.
Info: Updating the firmware requires downloading it first, which means that your device must be connected to WiFi for the time being.
Verify that your device is connected to reliable internet.
8. Reinsert the SIM Card Chip
When the T Mobile LTE not working we should check whether our device is recognizing the SIM card.
The straightforward way to verify this is by reinserting the SIM and checking whether our device will prompt us to insert the T-Mobile SIM card PIN code.
- You would need the SIM “ejector” tool
Here’s how to reinsert the SIM card from your phone:
- Push the SIM instrument into the pinhole of the tray.
- Apply force to pop out the device’s SIM card holder.
- Gently remove the T-Mobile SIM from the tray.
- Clean the SIM tray and make sure there is no debris.
- Gently embed the SIM card back into the tray.
- Install the SIM tray back into the T-Mobile device.
Shortly after inserting the SIM card into the phone, the device should recognize the network and prompt you to enter the PIN.
The default T-Mobile SIM PIN is “1234” and in case your access is being denied you should contact T-Mobile for instructions on how to proceed.
9. Reset T-Mobile Network Settings!
Perhaps, an incorrect configuration of the network settings on your T-Mobile device is causing issues with the 4G LTE.
To resolve an issue of this kind, it’s best to flush all network settings established on your device.
- The Network Reset erases the WiFi (saved – passwords), remembered Bluetooth, and paired devices as well as cellular and mobile data configurations.
Here’s how to perform a network reset on the T-Mobile device:
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Go to the “General” or “System” tab.
- Tap on “Reset” and then“Network Reset”.
Tip: When the network reset is over, reboot your T-Mobile device!
T-Mobile 4G LTE is Still Not Working?
In case T-Mobile’s LTE is still not working even after attempting the solutions in this guide we strongly recommend contacting T-Mobile at their Support Center.
You would need to describe the nature of your problem and what you’ve tried so far to receive help as soon as possible!
Whenever the T Mobile LTE not working, start by restarting your phone first and checking whether your device is recognizing the SIM.
In addition, here we’ve learned that when the LTE issue is persistent we should reset the network settings and start fresh!
Read Next: Why Does My T-Mobile App Keep Stopping? (Fix Guide)
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.