Wondering why is your Starlink unable to update configuration? Let’s find out in the guide!
Starlink mobile app has excellent features, including an admin dashboard to let you easily edit and configure your Starlink router settings, such as WiFi name and password.
If you are having trouble updating your Starlink router configuration in the app, this guide will come in handy.
The Starlink app typically says, “Unable to update router configuration” whenever your internet is slow or due to app-related glitches. To fix this, unplug your Starlink router and dish for 5 minutes to freshen your service, and then uninstall and install the Starlink app.
Let’s move forward to discuss the underlying reasons!
Why Can’t Starlink Update Configuration?
There are several reasons why the app wouldn’t allow you to update the router’s configuration!
These are the possible causes why your Starlink cannot update the router configuration.
Now that we have a complete list, let’s start excluding the causes one by one and solve the problem!
Starlink Unable to Update Configuration at this Time – Fixed!
Tip: Follow the solutions below in chronological order!
1. Check the Starlink Internet Connection!
Start your troubleshooting by first checking the internet on all of your devices to find out whether the internet is dropping because of the router.
This is important since you can only adjust the router settings if your phone is connected to the Starlink internet.
Try to browse anything online to verify your Starlink internet is intact!
If your Starlink internet is not working on your device, you must troubleshoot the connection…
How to Troubleshoot the Starlink Setup?
- Check the Starlink router and dish power source and connection.
- Disconnect and tightly reconnect the service cable from the dish.
- Power cycle the Starlink router and dish by disconnecting them.
- Ensure your dish has a clear view of the sky with no obstructions.
- Check the weather because bad conditions can affect the signal.
When you finish these steps, wait about 5 minutes for the Starlink dish and router to connect.
After that, open the Starlink app and try updating the router configuration without any errors!
2. Log Out & Log In the Starlink App
The Starlink app can sometimes have account glitches that might restrict you from updating the Starlink router settings.
Here, logging out of the app and logging back in is an ideal fix to tackle and refresh the app’s connectivity with your account data, which should restore its functionality.
Note: Make sure your phone is connected to Starlink WiFi.
Here is how to refresh the login session in the Starlink app:
- Open the Starlink mobile app.
- Then, tap on your profile icon.
- Next, locate and tap on Logout.
- Then, exit from the Starlink app.
- Power cycle your mobile phone.
- Then, re-open the Starlink app.
- Enter your Starlink credentials.
- Press the Login button to enter.
Tip: When updating the Starlink configuration, always press the “Save” button when you’re done editing to remember the changes.
3. Restart Your Phone & Starlink Setup!
The Starlink dish or router can often encounter temporary errors due to sudden signal loss or internet connection with a satellite or power source, respectively.
Such an outage disrupts communication with the Starlink app, and sometimes, users need to reboot their equipment to refresh the system.
Here are the simple steps to restart your Starlink setup devices:
- Unplug the Starlink WiFi router from the wall outlet.
- Disconnect the dish cable from the back of the router.
- Disconnect the Starlink dish from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds for a proper power cycle.
- Finally, reconnect the setup and wait to become online.
Remember that your Starlink dish can take up to 15 minutes to establish the connection with a space satellite properly.
So, wait until the internet is back working on your devices, restart your phone, open the Starlink app, and test whether the update configuration error is still there.
4. Clear Starlink App Cache & Data!
When Starlink cannot update the configuration, you may be dealing with an app-related fault, and one of the best options is to clear the app data.
This is an ideal step because, over time, the app builds up an ample storage of cache, data, and corrupted files that will potentially start disturbing the app functionality.
Note: Clearing app data and cache won't affect your account information!
How to Clear Starlink App Cache and Data?
- First, go to your phone Settings.
- Next, scroll and press on Apps.
- Then, choose the Starlink app.
- Tap on the Storage and Cache.
- Press on the Clear App Cache.
- Also, tap on the Clear App Data.
When ready, open the Starlink app to log in with your Starlink account credentials and update the router settings in the app.
With the freshly generated app data, you should no longer face errors, and updating your configuration should be smooth.
If the same update configuration problem persists, continue reading the guide!
5. Delete and Reinstall the Starlink App
Sometimes, software or app-related issues restrict the app from properly functioning.
In such cases, deleting and reinstalling the app is a one-time fix to clear out problematic glitches and restore the application’s functionality.
Here are the simple steps to reinstall the Starlink app:
How to Uninstall the Starlink App?
- Navigate to your phone’s home screen.
- Locate the Starlink app on the screen.
- Tap and hold on to the Starlink app icon.
- Choose the Uninstall or Remove option.
Tip: On Android, you can also drag the Starlink app icon to the trash bin!
How to Re-install the Starlink App?
- Navigate to the Play Store or App Store.
- Type the “Starlink” in the store search bar.
- Press on the Starlink app when it appears.
- Tap the Install button to download the app.
Reminder: After reinstalling the app, you must sign into your Starlink account!
6. Test by Using a Different Device!
If you are unable to update configuration at this time Starlink, then another option is to try using a Starlink app on a different phone or tablet.
This step will help you quickly determine whether the issue is specifically with your initial mobile device or the fault is due to your Starlink system.
If you have a secondary device, here’s precisely what to do:
- Get another phone or tablet.
- Connect it to Starlink WiFi.
- Download the Starlink app.
- Sign in to the Starlink app.
- Go to the Router Settings.
- Updating your configuration.
If the same update configuration issue persists even on a different device, then it is possible that the problem is specifically with your Starlink mobile app or router.
No worries, we have another alternate workaround for you, so continue reading…
7. Update Starlink Through the Web!
In case you didn’t know, you can access the web version of the Starlink app through an online browser from any device connected to the Starlink Internet.
You connect your device to the WiFi or use an Ethernet cable for a wired link with your router, allowing web access.
Here’s how to access the Starlink’s web interface through a web browser:
- Take a phone, tablet, or computer to use.
- Connect that device to the Starlink Wi-Fi.
- Alternatively, you can use Ethernet cable.
- Open any web browser on your device.
- In the URL address bar, type 192.168.100.1.
- Alternatively, go to http://dishy.starlink.com/.
- You will be redirected to the Starlink panel.
- Sign in using your Starlink ID and password.
- When you’re in, you can update the configuration.
Still Unable to Update Starlink Configuration?
If you’re still unable to update your Starlink configuration, then perhaps something is faulty with your equipment.
The best next step would be to contact Starlink Support since they will help you diagnose the issue further and hopefully solve your Starlink app problem. Best of luck!
When Starlink unable to update configuration, check the Starlink internet connection on your device and restart the Starlink dish, router, and phone.
Also, verify that the app is up to date, clear the device’s cache data, and, if nothing helps, reinstall the Starlink app!
Check our blog for more Starlink guides and solutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.