The Starlink app network greyed out, typically resembles the inability to use the option!
The Starlink app allows you to control and monitor your satellite-based internet effectively until the network becomes grayed out.
So in this guide, we’ll walk you through the working solutions.
The network tab in the Starlink app may appear grayed out due to a network problem on your smartphone. To resolve this, try disabling and re-enabling your phone’s WiFi, checking for app updates, or deleting and reinstalling the Starlink app.
Let’s dive into the guide!
Why is Network Grayed Out on Starlink App? – 6 Reasons!
There are quite a few different reasons why the network appears grayed out.
Some relate to your smartphone and internet, and others to the Starlink app data and settings.
Here’s everything that causes the Starlink app network button to become grayed out:
Now that we have reviewed the possible reasons let’s quickly start troubleshooting!
How to Fix When Starlink App Network Greyed Out?
Note: It is crucial to implement each method correctly for effective troubleshooting!
1. Force Close the Starlink App!
Commonly, apps can sometimes become unresponsive or glitchy.
In such cases, force closing the Starlink app and reopening it would sometimes be enough to resolve the grayed-out Network option so it’s worth trying something simple to begin with…
Here is how to force close the Starlink app:
- Use the phone with the Starlink app installed.
- Then, go to your phone’s Settings application.
- Next, scroll down and tap on the “Apps” tab.
- Search for the Starlink app and press on it.
- Lastly, find and press the Force Stop button.
This process can freshly restart the app and resolve all software-related issues.
Then relaunch the Starlink app, go to the Network tab, and check if the Starlink network greyed out.
Note: If you’re using an iPhone, force-close the Starlink app by swiping up on its tile!
2. Verify Your Network Connection!
Before anything else, let’s start with testing your Starlink internet connection!
If you are sure that your phone is connected to Starlink WiFi, but the app’s network button is still grey, then test your WiFi on different devices.
This basic approach will help you determine whether the problem is with your WiFi or the Starlink app itself.
Note: You can perform the test on the same phone, but we recommend using a different one!
Here is how to test the Starlink internet connection:
- First, get access to a different phone.
- Connect it to the same Starlink WiFi.
- Open a streaming app such as Youtube.
- Test whether the stream is working fine.
Tip: Alternatively, use a computer console to ping a destination and check for internet fluctuations.
Starlink Internet Connection Not Working?
- Reboot your Starlink WiFi router and Starlink dish.
- Check the modem and dish physical connections.
- Check for any obstruction in the dish line of sight.
- Disconnect and reconnect the dish service cable.
If your Starlink internet works fine, but the problem continues, continue reading!
3. Reset the Phone’s Internet & WiFi
If you are sure that your phone has stable internet but the Starlink network greyed out issue is still there, then try resetting your phone’s WiFi connection.
This will verify that all the services required for the connection will be restarted. Hence, the grayed-out network issue will be gone!
Here is how to reset the phone’s internet connection:
- First, open the Settings on your phone.
- Then locate and press on the WiFi icon.
- Turn OFF the WiFi using the toggle button.
- Restart your phone with the Power button.
- Open the Settings and turn the WiFi ON.
The next step is to open the Starlink App on your phone and check to see if the Network option is appropriately loading.
If the same gray-out problem continues, try other troubleshooting steps!
Tip: Try disabling the Mobile Data (cellular internet 3G, 4G or 5G).
4. Check for Starlink App Updates
When the Starlink app on your phone doesn’t update as soon as the latest version releases, then the app can frequently lead to unexpected issues.
So, check to see if your Starlink app is up-to-date, or try updating it by checking for available updates in your phone app’s store.
How to Check for the Starlink App Update?
- Open the App Store or Play Store.
- Then, search for the Starlink app.
- Tap on the app name when it shows.
- Check if there is any update available.
- If the Update button is available, then press the Update button.
- If the Update button is unavailable, the app is already updated.
If any updates for the Starlink app are available and pending, apply them as soon as possible.
When you’re ready, restart the Starlink app, and test whether the bug exists!
Tip: Try signing out and in your Starlink account from the app!
5. Inspect the App WiFi Permission!
It is pretty necessary for the required permissions for the Starlink application to be granted.
There is a chance that the network access to your Starlink app is disabled in the permission settings, and that’s why the network tab in the app is constantly grayed out.
To enable it, you must go to the Starlink app settings and manually enable the WiFi permission.
Here is how to inspect the Starlink app permission:
- First, open your Starlink phone’s Settings.
- Tap on Apps or Application Management
- Then, look for the Starlink application.
- Press on the app to check its permissions.
- Then, scroll down and look for the WiFi.
- If enabled, disable the WiFi permission.
- If enabled, enable the WiFi permission.
- Then wait for up to 60 seconds to refresh.
- Lastly, verify to enable the WiFi permission.
Note: If the steps above do not help, reboot your phone and test the Starlink app!
6. Clear the Starlink Application Cache!
Over time, app caches can accumulate and build up ample data storage, likely conflicting with the app’s functionality.
No worries, all you have to do is clear the Starlink app cache data and then allow Starlink to create fresh directories the next time you open the app.
Here is how to clear the Starlink app cache:
- First, open the phone Settings.
- Then, locate and choose Apps.
- Scroll and press the Starlink app.
- Press on the Storage and Cache.
- Then tap on the Clear app cache.
The next step is to open the Starlink app, log in to the app using your account details and check to see if the Network tab is appropriately loading.
If the issue continues, try clearing the Starlink app data and then check the network tab in the app again. In case all fails, keep reading!
7. Uninstall & Reinstall the Starlink App!
If nothing from the guide helped, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Starlink app on your phone.
This ideal fix will erase the entire content of the Starlink app and then allow you to download the software cleanly from the official content store and begin fresh!
Here is how to uninstall and reinstall the Starlink app:
Step #1 Uninstall the Starlink App
- Go to the home screen on your smartphone
- Find the Starlink app and press the app icon.
- On Android: drag the app to the trash bin icon.
- On iOS: Press on the “Remove” menu option.
Note: Verify that the app is uninstalled, not only removed from the main screen!
Step #2 Reinstall the Starlink App
- First, open the Play Store or App Store.
- Then search for the Starlink application.
- Tap on the Starlink app when it appears.
- Press the Install button to download it.
When downloading ends, set up the app by logging in and ensuring your phone is connected to the internet.
Note: If the problem persists, it is best to contact Starlink Support for professional help!
In response to the Starlink app network greyed out an issue, test the network connection on other devices and apps and verify that everything is okay.
Moreover, update the Starlink app and your mobile, then clear the app’s cache or perform app reinstallation.
Follow us for more easy Starlink guides!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.