Wondering what is Spectrum error code STAM-1557? Here’s the answer!
The STAM-1557 error is nothing unusual in the Spectrum streaming experience and you could get the error code due to many reasons.
However, there’s an easy fix to the problem that only takes a few minutes of your time! In this guide, we’re going to unwrap this for you!
To fix the STAM-1557 error on Spectrum, relaunch the platform and clear its cache. Next up, fix cable issues in your cable box setup and reconnect the device to the internet. Finally, reset the cable box and reinstall the Spectrum Stream app!
Let’s learn more about the STAM-1557 error and why is it occurring!
Spectrum on-demand streaming and live TV share the same reasoning for the error codes. The “STAM” errors could usually mean several things.
Either there’s a cable issue with your single, the cable box isn’t getting any power or there’s a Spectrum Stream platform problem.
This error could both occur when streaming through a Spectrum cable box and on-demand content.
Review the one category that matches your setup and where you’re streaming from
Spectrum cable box STAM-1577 error code causes:
- Inappropriate cable configuration setup
- The cable box isn’t getting any power
- Problem with the cable box’s internet connection
Spectrum on-demand STAM -1577 error code causes:
- Wi-Fi issues on your device
- Outdated Spectrum Stream application
- Overfilled application cache/corrupted data
Let’s now look up what are the best solutions for the STAM-1557 Spectrum error code!
To achieve the best outcome of the troubleshooting, ensure to follow the order of our solutions and check often if the STAM-1557 error is still there.
Let’s jump in!
If you’re experiencing this issue on the Spectrum application, then rebooting the platform should resolve the issue.
Moreover, this solution will help with additional problems with the Spectrum app that involves corrupted data, software bugs, or other error codes.
Close the Spectrum application on your device, and wait for 60 seconds!
In the meantime, if your Spectrum app is being relaunched, you should also perform a reboot on your device.
This will verify that the software problem that has impacted the device application is not coming from your source device. If that didn’t help, keep reading!
Note: It’s also important to remove the Spectrum App from the background processes!
For users who get the STAM-1557 error on their Spectrum cable box, there’s an effective type of restart you should attempt.
As we’ve already clarified, this error could also occur due to power issues with your cable box. This will discharge the device and restart ALL services!
Here’s how to perform a hard reset on your Spectrum cable box:
- Locate the Power Button on the cable box.
- Press and hold the power button on the cable box for 5 seconds.
- Wait for the cable box to turn off.
- Unplug the Power Adapter of the cable box from the source.
- Stand by for 5 minutes while the device is discharging.
- Once that time elapses, reconnect the adapter of the cable box back to the source.
- Turn on the cable box.
Note: It’s important to allow your Spectrum cable box to cool down!
Chances are that the STAM-1557 error is occurring due to a fault in the internet supply on your streaming device.
If you’re using a cable box, then the device must be connected to a modem with an Ethernet cable. For other devices, they must be connected to WiFi.
Let’s begin with reconnecting a Spectrum cable box:
- Check if the modem in your setup is connected to the Coax port in the wall.
- If using a splitter, secure the Ethernet cable of the modem inside the port.
- Check if the Ethernet cable that connects your modem/cable box is secured.
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Head to “Wireless” or locate the “WiFi” tab.
- Enter the connections tab and locate your home’s WiFi network.
- Press on your network.
- Insert the WiFi password for connecting.
- Press the “Connect” button.
Alert: Test whether your WiFi is intact and working properly!
A solution that will help users who have the STAM-1557 error on their Spectrum Stream application is to update the firmware version.
If you’re running an outdated version of the platform, it is highly likely that plenty of errors could impact your ability on streaming.
Here’s a guide on how to get the Spectrum application updates:
- On your device, head to the platform’s app store.
- Go to “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Use the search field to locate the Spectrum application from the list
- Press on the “Functions” label.
- Choose “Update” once the settings appear.
- Confirm that you want to update the Spectrum application.
- Wait for the process to undergo.
Alert: Do not interact with your device while it is still performing the update or this might cancel the process and result in partial data loss.
Another handy approach you should attempt is to run the Spectrum error code auto repair!
Running this setting will allow your cable box to locate an error code that has impacted your setup and troubleshoot it.
STAM-1557 error code troubleshooting is also available.
Follow these instructions to run the Spectrum error code troubleshooting:
- On your TV, hit the MENU button.
- Head to Settings > System.
- Select “TV & Video”.
- Go to Antennas/Cables.
- Select your Spectrum cable box from the list.
- Scroll down and locate the STAM-1557 error code and select it.
- Press the “Fix” button.
- Confirm your selection by hitting the “OK” button.
- Wait for the troubleshooting to commence.
Note: Your cable box will display all current stages of the troubleshooting on the TV screen.
Although the STAM-1557 error is not likely to occur in the Spectrum Stream application, an easy way to resolve it is to reinstall the platform.
If there’s a software problem with the application’s data, it will constantly display streaming errors or often freeze/crash.
Here’s how to reinstall the Spectrum app on your device in easy steps:
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Go to “Storage” or simply press “Applications/Manage Apps”.
- Scout the list of applications and locate the Spectrum platform.
- Once you’ve found it press “Uninstall” to remove the app.
- Launch the App Store on your device and re-download the Spectrum app.
- Sign back into your account and check if you could stream issue-free now.
Note: When re-launching the Spectrum app, make sure to enable “Automatic Updates”.
If nothing worked out so far, perhaps it is time to get in touch with Spectrum themselves.
Chances are that this problem is already on their end and you can’t do anything about it.
Go to Spectrum Support and press “Chat With Us” to launch a conversation with a virtual agent.
Let them know everything about the error including what you’ve already attempted to resolve the problem. They will provide you with additional info.
Thus, to fix the STAM-1557 error code on Spectrum, power cycle the cable box and relaunch the application. Next, update the Spectrum app and fix wiring issues in the receiver’s setup. Finally perform a factory reset on the Spectrum receiver!
Read Next: How to Fix Spectrum Error Code STBA-3801?
Today we’ve learned what the Spectrum error code STAM-1557 means and how to efficiently resolve it.
It’s important to check whether our setup is correct and if everything with the functionality of the device is intact.
In case nothing helps, don’t hesitate to seek help! We hope that this guide was helpful so follow us for more!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.