It could be knackering when you notice that your Sky Q mini box keeps freezing. So, how do you fix this? What things can you do to stop your Sky Q mini box from randomly freezing and crashing?
For our guide, the approach that we will take will address everything that could possibly be causing this error to happen. Prepare to be chaffed, as this guide won’t require you to be a tech expert!
If your Sky Q mini box keeps pausing, ensure that you have a stable internet connection. After that, try updating the software of the device. Then, reboot your main Sky Q box and your Sky Q mini box after.
But, what’s making our Sky Q mini box freeze and crash? What’s the primary culprit on why this is happening?
Akin to other devices and technology, the Sky Q mini box is a complex device. It involves multiple factors, making it work.
Therefore, it will be difficult to determine what the actual cause is as to why it hangs. But, here are the common culprits why your device is freezing or pausing:
- It does not have a stable internet connection
- It’s experiencing an overload or a system bug
- It’s not within range of the WiFi network
- The software/firmware is outdated
So, without further ado, let us go ahead and fix this dilemma by approaching it in a complete and comprehensive way!
Unlike other tutorials, you can consider this guide to be the ultimate fix, as it will address possible causes all at once.
The first thing you have to do is to power cycle or reboot your modem/gateway or your router.
- Unplug your modem/gateway or router from power.
- Keep it unplugged for about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Plug the modem/gateway first before the router.
- Wait for the connection to reinitialize.
Next is to switch your connection from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or vice versa. This will usually be a different SSID from the one you’re connected to.
Most routers today would have both these options. Here’s how you can do it:
- Log into your router or your modem’s admin.
- From there, select Wireless/Wireless Connection.
- Look for Band or 802.11 in either the Basic or Advanced setting.
- Change it from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz and vice versa.
Note: If you are having issues changing the settings, you can always reach out to Sky support for guidance.
Sometimes, we forget that our secondary boxes and receivers are powered by software. So, updating it is just as important.
Here’s how to update the software of your Sky Q mini box:
- On your mini box, go to Settings.
- On Status, ensure that the option Connection to Sky Q Box is ticked.
- Then, select Setup > Software Download.
- Wait for the download to finish (it can take up to 15 minutes).
- Then, check if the download was successful at Settings > System Info.
- Restart your device when you see Software Update Successful pop-up.
Note: In case your Sky Q mini box does not need a software update, you can skip this process and go to the next step, which is…
Then, the next step is to power cycle the main and the secondary receiver, respectively in that order. Power cycling or restarting has done a lot of miraculous resolutions in the tech world, and so, it’s important that you do it.
You can either drain power from it by unplugging it from the wall outlet or at the back of the receiver.
This refreshes the connection and the status of the entire system.
Note: Refresh and restart the main receiver first before the Sky Q mini box.
Lastly, perform a complete settings reset of your Sky Q mini box via the hidden menu. To do this:
- Highlight Settings on your Sky Q mini box, but do not click or enter it.
- Press 0-0-1 in sequence while the cursor is highlighting Settings.
- Then, carry out Reset Settings, which is the first where the cursor will be on.
- Wait for the reset to finish.
Note: This reset does not wipe or clear all data from your box. However, it will reset the connection of Bluetooth remotes if you are using one.
After performing this 6-step process, you can expect your Sky Q mini box to be working perfectly back up again! The process is simple and easy, right?
You don’t need to be tech-savvy to do it!
In fact, many users found this guide to be successful. If you did, too, that’s brilliant! But, what if it didn’t do anything? What if your Sky Q mini box still keeps on freezing?
As brilliant as this guide may seem, there’ll still be situations where it won’t work. If it’s still malfunctioning, it could already be a problem of the hardware or the Sky Q mini box itself.
So, the next step is to call and contact Sky’s customer service department. Tell them about the bloody problem that’s been too knackering already.
Note: It is important to tell them the steps that you did in detail so that they’ll know what to expect and how to accurately resolve the concern.
Just follow what they’ll tell you and they’ll be able to fix it in no time!
If your Sky Q mini box keeps on freezing, the first thing you want to do is to check your device’s connection to the internet. Then, restart the main box and the mini box. It’s also advisable to try connecting your Sky Q mini box via Ethernet to see if it’ll solve the issue.
Read Next: How to Fix Sky Q Not Connecting to Internet?
No matter how annoying the situation is, if your Sky Q mini box keeps freezing, it’s not the end for your device.
Hopefully, with our guide, we were able to help you be enlightened on what the situation is and what types of actions it calls for.