2. No closed Cabinet. Do not place the stick inside a cabinet or closed compartment. Closed places do not get air flow, so the device may become hot even with a normal use.
3. Over Devices. Always keep in mind not to place the device on other devices such as routers, receivers etc.
This is because the mentioned device becomes hot early and if you put your Roku stick on them, it is bound to get hot earlier than expected.
4. Avoid Sunlight. Avoid place which gets direct sunlight. Place your stick on such an area that is not prone to direct sunlight.
5. Cool off Time. Try to give your Stick a cooling time while you watch TV. Please do not use it continuously for a long duration like a full day. So, try to give your device a resting time in between if you plan to use it for a long period.
6. Regular Cleaning. Make a habit of cleaning your Roku Steaming stick every week. This will prevent dust from settling on the stick.
Do I Need to Worry About the Heating Issue?
Overheating is normal and can happen to any Roku Stick. You do not need to worry.