If your Roborock S6 can’t find dock, we have the solution you’re looking for! One of many things could be preventing your Roborock from finding its station and dock on its own.
It’s natural for many smart cleaner robots to automatically head for the dock station and charge themselves when their routine is over but what do we do when they won’t?
To fix when your Roborock S6 can’t dock on its own, clean the side sensors of the device, reboot the robot, and level the station.
In case that doesn’t help, change the location of the station, reset the robot, and carry out a new mapping run.
Let’s next learn more about issues with your Roborock S6’s docking!
My Roborock Can’t Find Dock – Reasons & Causes
In the list down below, you’ll learn all about your Roborock’s docking sensation and what could cause the problem in the first place.
It’s important to be informed of the problem in advance, to avoid having difficulties during the troubleshooting process later.
Here’s why your Roborock cannot find the docking station:
- The Docking Station is Not Clean!
- Your Roborock’s Navigation Has Went Faulty
- The Sensors of the Roborock are Dirty/Unclean
- The Robot’s Firmware is Out of Date!
- The Level of the Base Station is Uneven
Regardless of which one of the causes above has caused your Roborock to behave weirdly, we’ll target all possible occurrences in our guide.
Let’s proceed with the solutions, uncover what causes the navigation difficulties, and solve the issue in minutes!
How to Fix When Roborock S6 Can’t Find Dock?
After learning all about the possible issues that could prevent your Roborock from docking, it’s time, to begin with, the solution.
We’ll go over both simple and advanced troubleshooting to make sure there are no issues with your Roborock S6 vacuum cleaner!
Let’s jump in with the guide!
Solution #1 Move the Dock & Check Clearance!
Chances are that your Roborock S6 vacuum cleaner is unable to locate the dock at its current location.
In addition to that, there are particular clearance rules that you must take into consideration when choosing a location for the robot’s docking station.
- Clearance requires free space around the docking station!
Here’s how to choose a suitable spot for the dock and relocate it:
- Find a Power Source in your home that has free space around it.
- Disconnect the DockingStation.
- Move the device to the new location, near the electrical outlet.
- Position the docking station on a flat surface.
- Make sure that there are no large obstructions around.
- Check if your Roborock will find the station.
You shouldn’t worry about any internal dock settings, since when the dock is connected, it starts sending wireless signals to the Roborock device.
If the power of the station is fine and all LEDs are lit, the vacuum cleaner should find the dock by itself.
Note: You’ll know that the docking station is working fine if it lights up after plugging!
Solution #2 Reboot the Roborock S6 Unit
If relocating the docking station didn’t help your robot detect its location, perhaps the fault is with the vacuum cleaner itself, rather than with the dock.
Although this is a simple solution, you should reboot the Roborock S6 device and check if it’ll navigate to the station!
Follow these steps to perform a reboot on your Roborock vacuum cleaner:
- Press and hold the Power Button on the top of the Roborock unit.
- Wait for the vacuum cleaner to Shut down.
- Stand by for 60 seconds, while your Roborock is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power Button again, to start up the cleaner.
- Check if the Robotock S6 will find the docking station.
It’s important to keep the Roborock device shut down for a certain amount of time so it could partially discharge.
If you’re up for it, you could even remove an internal battery to completely discharge the device but beware that this voids the warranty!
Solution #3 Guide the Roborock Manually!
If the vacuum cleaner is still failing to detect the docking station, you should place the robot manually on the station, and press the “Clean All” button to update the location.
Once the robot is positioned on the docking station, it’ll be able to update the charging location!
It’s important to align the charging plates with the plates on the station! In order to update the docking station location, the robot should start charging so make sure that your positioning is correct.
When that happens, manually move the robot away and check whether it will navigate to the station on its own.
Note: Once the docking station’s location has been updated, your Roborock S6 will click!
Solution #4 Clean the Robot’ Sensors
The problem with your Roborock occurs probably due to the sensors being unclean.
To overcome this hurdle, you’ll have to, respectively, clean the sensors and make sure they’re detecting the surrounding environment appropriately!
Follow these steps to clean the detecting sensors of your Roborock vacuum:
- Turn off the Roborock vacuum cleaner.
- Place the device upside down.
- Locate the Sensors on each side of the robot’s bottom.
- Use a dry cloth to collect all dust and debris that is accumulated.
- (Optional) If the debris cannot be removed regularly, use a wet cloth.
- (Important) If you’ve used a wet cloth to clean your robot, wait for it to dry.
- Place your Roborock vacuum cleaner back on its wheels.
- Turn on the device and determine if it’ll find its docking station.
It’s of great importance not to turn on your Roborock while its components are wet if you’ve used a wet cloth to clean the device.
You must wait for it to fully dry out before testing since any liquid on the charging plates can ultimately impact the hardware of your robot.
Solution #5 Reset the Roborock Robot
If cleaning the robot didn’t fix the problem, then perhaps you should Factory Reset the device to fix the problem with the docking.
It’s really easy to bring your vacuum cleaner to a reset, but it’s important to know the downsides!
- Resetting the robot will refresh the device’s cleaning settings!
Here’s how to perform a Factory Reset on your Roborock robot:
- Locate the Home Button on the top of the Roborock S6 device.
- Find the Reset button on the top of the device.
- Press and Home Button.
- In the next 10 seconds, press and hold the Reset Button!
- Keep holding, until you hear “Restoring to Initial Version”.
- Then, release the reset button.
If the reset has been triggered successfully, you should hear the “Restoring to Initial Version” voice message, coming out from your robot.
This means the reset process has started and your smart vacuum cleaner will soon be factory reset.
Note: You’ll have to go through the initial setup of your Roborock after the reset!
Thus, when your Roborock S6 can’t find dock, relocate the station and clean the robot’s sensors.
After that, adjust the elevation of your Roborock S6, guide the device manually, and perform a Factory Reset on the smart vacuum cleaner.
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more Roborock content, check our blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.