Are you wondering why the Peloton Lanebreak not working? Well, you’re not alone in this!
Many Peloton users have encountered errors while accessing the virtual reality “Lanebreak” workout when attempting to run it.
Hence, this guide will review all causes for the unexpected Lanebreak issue on your Peloton Bike/Bike+ or Tread/Tread+ and help you solve it effectively!
When Peloton doesn’t start “Lanebreak,” check if the device is securely connected to a Wi-Fi network and update the firmware version of Peloton. Next, perform a power cycle on the Peloton device and restore the operating system to factory defaults.
There is much more, so let’s jump in!
Why is the Peloton Lanebreak Not Loading?
There are many different reasons why the “Lanebreak” workout is not working on your Peloton appliance.
However, we’ve managed to identify the most common suspects for the problem!
Here’s why the Peloton device won’t start the “Lanebreak” virtual workout:
Those are the possible causes for the Lanebreak issues on your Peloton product.
Hence, keep progressing further into the guide to learn more about the advanced workout and how it works!
What is Lanebreak and How Does it Work?
With Peloton’s Lanebreak virtual reality, riders race along a pre-designed six-lane track with the help of their cadence and resistance via the Peloton resistance knob.
- Hence, you’re in total control of your Lanebreak score, pace, and game style while in this workout.
Also, remember that the Lanebreak workout is a brand-new feature released by Peloton, and it is highly possible to experience potential issues while attempting to run it.
It is also significant to note that operating Lanebreak requires the latest firmware version of your Peloton product.
Now that we clearly understand how the Lanebreak works, let’s troubleshoot!
Peloton Lanebreak Not Working – 6 Proven Solutions!
Tip: Follow the steps and instructions in chronological order!
1. Start the Lanebreak Race Properly
Chances are that you haven’t initiated the Lanebreak workout or specified the correct workout options.
To begin a Lanebreak on your Peloton Bike or Tread device, the resistance knob must be fully functional to control the workout pace.
How to Start “Lanebreak” On Peloton Tread/Tread+
- Access the homepage of the fitness appliance.
- Select “More Runs” at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Lanebreak” and specify the settings.
How to Start “Lanebreak” On Peloton Bike/Bike+
- Access the homepage of the fitness appliance.
- Next, select “More Rides” on the screen’s bottom.
- Tap “Lanebreak” and set up the workout options.
Note: If the device is compatible with “Lanebreak,” the workout will start automatically!
2. Start a Peloton “Scenic” Run/Ride
An existing solution to issues with the Lanebreak run on your Peloton Bike, or Tread is to start a “Scenic” run or ride first.
The Lanebreak feature becomes eligible only after you’ve completed one of the standard workout options on your Peloton fitness appliance.
Here’s how to start a standard “Scenic” ride on your Peloton workout device:
- First, go to the homepage of the Peloton Android tablet.
- Select the “More Rides” or “More Runs” from the corner.
- Then, select the “Scenic Ride” or “Scenic Run” feature.
- Follow the remaining steps to start the “Scenic” workout.
Ensure to last through the continuity of the “Scenic” workout on your Peloton device entirely.
Once you’ve completed the run or ride, head back to the homepage of the Peloton tablet and select “More Rides”/”More Runs.”
Finally, tap on the “Lanebreak” option to start the workout.
Reminder: The “Scenic” workout must be fully completed to start “Lanebreak”!
3. Reconnect the Peloton to Wi-Fi!
The Peloton device must be connected to a secure and stable Wi-Fi network in order to provide Lanebreak access.
So, the next step is to check whether the Peloton Bike or Tread connectivity is stable enough to track and record your Lanebreak data during the workout.
Note: The “Lanebreak” virtual workout bubble will not appear if the Peloton is disconnected!
Follow these steps to verify that the Peloton device is connected to a Wi-Fi network:
- Navigate to the homepage of the Peloton fitness device.
- Select the Wi-Fi symbol situated in the top-right corner.
- Wait for all wireless networks nearby to be displayed.
- Choose your home Wi-Fi and input the password code.
- Tap the “Connect” button and wait until Peloton pairs.
Tip: The Peloton device must be close to the network router/gateway to connect!
Peloton Device Not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
In case the Peloton device isn’t pairing with the Wi-Fi network, attempt the following:
- Power cycle the network router, modem, or gateway device.
- Disconnect the service cable from the network device unit.
- Attempt to pair the Peloton device to your phone’s hotspot.
- Perform a network reset on the setup of the router/modem.
Tip: For potential issues with your network, get in touch with your internet service provider!
4. Shut Down the Peloton Tablet
A quick and efficient solution to issues with the Lanebreak application is to turn off the Android Peloton tablet and turn it on again.
Hence, all you have to do to power off the Peloton tablet is navigate to the power settings and choose the “Shut Down” option from the boot menu prompt.
- From the homepage of the Peloton tablet, choose “Power” > “Shut Down.”
Wait for at least 30 seconds while the Peloton touch-screen tablet is powered off, and then re-launch the tablet.
Verify that the tablet is connected to a stable and secure Wi-Fi network before activating the “Lanebreak” workout within the “More Rides/Runs” section of the unit.
Tip: Report any issues with the tablet’s power supply to Peloton Customer Support!
5. Power Cycle the Peloton Appliance
The power cycle is another helpful resolution for underlying issues with the functionality of the Peloton fitness appliance.
If simply powering the tablet ON/OFF had no effect, then you must disconnect the power supply of the Peloton Bike or Tread for a substantial amount of time.
Follow these steps to perform a power cycle on the Peloton bike or tread device:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the Peloton appliance.
- Disconnect the other end of the cable from the electrical outlet.
- Next, wait for 60 seconds while the power cable is unplugged.
- Reseat the Peloton power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Peloton power port.
- Wait until the Peloton Bike/Tread and tablet power on and test.
Remember that unplugging the Peloton device from power will deactivate all of your equipment, including the tablet.
Also, the Peloton device may not reconnect to a Wi-Fi network on its own after re-plugging the power cord, so check the connection status in the “Network.”
Tip: Inspect the power cord for hardware damage while it is disconnected!
6. Factory Reset the Peloton Equipment!
If you’re still having issues activating the “Lanebreak” workout on your Peloton fitness appliance equipment, perform a factory reset.
This is the most potent resolution to functionality errors with the Peloton system and the Lanebreak workout, but it will erase all the touchscreen tablet data.
Follow these steps to reset any Peloton bike or tread in easy instructions:
- First, sign in to a Peloton account if you haven’t logged in yet.
- Tap the three dots icon found on the bottom right of the screen.
- Navigate to “Settings” > “Device Settings” on the touch tablet.
- Enter the “Personal – Backup & Reset” tab within the settings.
- Select “Factory Data Reset” from the available device options.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the factory reset.
None of the workout recordings and collected data can be restored after the reset, so we advise you to inspect your data and whether you need to save anything.
If yes, feel free to screenshot your settings to be able to reconfigure them after quickly.
Tip: For more support, contact Peloton by calling 855-662-7356 or leaving an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whenever Peloton Lanebreak not working, verify that the device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network and update the device’s firmware version.
If the issue is still there, perform a power cycle on the Peloton appliance, switch OFF/ON the tablet, and then factory reset!
Follow our blog for plenty of Peloton troubleshooting tips!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.