Are you wondering why is the Oura Ring charger blinking white? Well, you’re not alone!
If the Oura charger is blinking in white, but the ring isn’t charging, there could be an issue with multiple possible factors.
This guide will uncover all possible causes for the white blinking light on the Oura charger and all effective resolutions against the malfunction.
If the Oura Ring’s charger is blinking in white but isn’t charging, check if all connections are secure and verify that the ring establishes proper contact. Next, reconnect the ring from the app and perform a factory reset on the Oura Ring.
There is much more to discuss, so let’s dig deeper!
Why is my Oura Ring Charger Blinking Fast White?
The rapidly blinking white light on your Oura Ring indicates successful charging when the ring is connected to the.
However, issues occur whenever the charger’s white LED blinks, and as a result, the Oura Ring may charge dramatically slow or refuse to charge entirely.
Here’s what could prevent the Oura Ring from charging with white light:
Oura Ring: White Blinking – Meaning?
As established, the blinking white light by itself doesn’t indicate a problem, but the opposite – indicates for successful charging of the ring.
In most cases, however, the blinking white light could be accompanied by other issues, preventing the Oura Ring from charging correctly.
- Detecting the cause and examining the ring’s charging equipment is necessary to identify the problem.
Thus, proceed with the troubleshooting guide to solve the issue as soon as possible!
Solution: Oura Ring Charger Blinking White Fast!
Tip: Follow the steps in consecutive order!
1. Reseat Your Oura Ring!
There’s a possibility that the charger is blinking in white because it is detecting the ring, but the Oura device has not established proper contact with the charging set.
Thus, the first solution to potential charging issues with the ring is removing it from the stand and placing it correctly!
To re-seat the Oura Ring properly, remove it from the wireless surface on the charging set and insert it back with the charging panel facing the charging gap.
Once the ring has docked in, wait 5-10 seconds to determine if the charger will start blinking in white rapidly.
Note: To remove the ring more quickly, turn the charging set upside down, and it will fall off…
2. Power Cycle the Charging Set
A quick and effective solution to the problematic condition of the Oura charging set is to power circulate the equipment.
By unplugging the charging set from the electrical supply and waiting long enough while the ring is connected, all the equipment will reset, and nothing will be erased.
Here’s how to perform a power cycle on the Oura charging set:
- Disconnect the USB type-C wire from the power adapter.
- Unplug the power adapter of the set from the A/C outlet.
- Eject the Oura Ring from the charger’s wireless surface.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the equipment is discharging.
- Plug the power adapter back into the electrical outlet.
- Next, connect the type-C cable to the Oura charging set.
- Place the Oura Ring on the surface and test the charging.
Bonus Tip: Test on a Different Outlet!
The Oura Ring cannot possibly charge appropriately when there are power fluctuations in the electrical outlet of the Oura charging set.
Hence, connect the charging set’s cable and adapter to an alternative A/C outlet to determine if the white light will disappear and the ring will charge.
Note: Avoid plugging electrical appliances in malfunctioning outlets!
3. Clean the Oura Charging Set
Another possibility is too much dust accumulation or potential obstructions on the surface of the Oura charging set.
The next step is to verify that the ring is establishing proper contact with the wireless charging pad of the set by removing all obstructions and cleaning all of the dust/debris.
Follow these simple steps to clean the charging set of the Oura Ring:
- Disconnect the charging set USB cable from the power adapter.
- Unplug the other end of the type-C cable from the charging set.
- Next, apply some rubbing alcohol onto a slightly wet cloth.
- Use the wet cloth to collect all dust and debris on the Oura set.
- Use a dry cloth to collect the remaining debris and dry the set.
- Wait for 1 to 2 minutes and reconnect the equipment to power.
Important: Do not reinsert the ring into the charging set before thoroughly drying up!
4. Update the Oura Ring’s Firmware
Multiple reports suggest that updating the firmware of the Oura Ring should resolve underlying issues with the charging process and the overall functionality of the smart band.
- Typically, the latest system updates released by Oura are installed automatically after opening the application.
To check for newer Oura firmware, open the app and wait 30 seconds on the home screen.
If a “Firmware Update” prompt shows, press the “Start Update” button to start the update process.
Why is Oura Ring Not Updating?
If the firmware update process fails by any means, the issue is most likely related to improper connectivity of the ring.
To address the problem, reinstall the Oura application and check if the ring is connected to your mobile device and data consistently.
Note: If the firmware update process fails, contact Oura Customer Support!
5. Re-Add the Ring to the Oura App!
Perhaps there is an issue with the connection between the ring and the Oura app installed on your mobile device.
A potential issue with the system’s condition of the ring or unprecedented connectivity failure could cause problems with the charging process and trigger the white light.
Here’s how to remove and re-add the Oura Ring from the mobile application:
- Open the Oura app on your Android or Apple mobile device.
- Go to the “Devices” page and select the defective Oura Ring.
- Next, tap the device options icon and then choose “Remove.”
- Next, go to the Oura app’s home page and tap “Add Device.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-add the Oura device.
Remember: Re-adding the Oura Ring from the app differs from the factory reset process!
6. Restore the Ring to Factory Defaults
A potent solution to any issues with the Oura Ring is to restore the device to factory defaults.
Unlike removing and re-adding the ring from the Oura app, a factory reset will erase all settings and configurations, prompting you to set up the device from scratch.
Here’s how to force a factory reset process on the Oura Ring in easy steps:
- Open the Oura app on your Android or Apple mobile.
- Select the ring icon situated in the upper right corner.
- Swipe left and then scroll down to the “Tools” section.
- Select the “Factory Reset” option from all the settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the reset.
Once the Oura Ring has successfully reset, it will be removed from the application.
So, the next step is to re-add the ring by selecting the “Add Device” button in the Oura app and proceeding.
Reminder: Don’t forget to allow automatic updates for the Oura application on your device!
7. Replace the Oura Charging Cable!
The charging cable is the most vital component when inspecting Oura’s charging equipment for defects.
As mentioned, the Oura charging set uses a type-C cable to connect with the electrical power supply, and a potential fault will prevent the ring from charging.
Here’s how to replace the charging cable once you’ve acquired a replacement:
- Unplug the USB type-C cable from your Oura charging set.
- Unplug the other end of the type-C cable from the adapter.
- Install the new charging cable into the port on the Oura set.
- Connect the other end of the new cable to the type-C adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a power outlet and set up the Oura Ring.
If the charging process is successful, the LED light on the charging set should start pulsating in white, and the indicator of the Oura Ring should switch to “Charging.”
Next, wait until the Oura Ring’s battery capacity has at least charged halfway before removing the charging equipment.
Note: Don’t forget to verify that the Oura Ring has established proper charging contact!
To fix whenever the Oura Ring charger blinks white, inspect the charging equipment for defects and upload the latest firmware version.
If the fault persists, connect the charging set to a different outlet, re-add the device to the app, and force a factory reset on the ring.
Follow our blog to access more troubleshooting for Oura equipment!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.