Are you wondering why the Oura Ring not holding charge? We’re here to provide answers!
Elevated power consumption levels of the Oura Ring’s internal battery could typically indicate an underlying fault with the battery unit or high system utilization.
This guide will uncover all the secrets to reducing the rate at which the ring consumes power and how to maintain the battery!
Whenever the Oura Ring isn’t holding a charge for too long, reduce the consumption of the internal battery by ceasing most of the system’s utilization. After that, update the ring’s firmware and factory reset the smart band.
Let’s uncover more about the Oura Ring’s power state and battery!
Why is My Oura Ring Not Charging?
The Oura Ring charger uses magnetic wireless charging to conduct electricity and re-charge the ring.
So, the first step in identifying why the Oura Ring isn’t sustaining a proper power level is reviewing what defects could affect the ring itself or the equipment.
Let’s explore the potential causes for the charging issues with the Oura Ring:
Those are the potential causes for the accelerated power consumption of the Oura Ring.
Hence, remain invested in our guide to uncover the best resolutions against the Oura ring battery issue!
Oura Ring Not Holding Charge – 6 Effective Solutions!
Tip: Follow our instructions in a consecutive order!
1. Clean Obstructions from the Charger
The fast-paced battery consumption is probably related to an issue with the charging process of the ring.
So, you must verify no obstructions between the ring and the charger since any objects can easily obstruct the wireless magnetic charger of the Oura ring.
- The best way to verify that there are no obstructions on the Oura charger is to place the ring on and off the charger multiple times.
You must also confirm there are no obstructions or dust accumulation preventing the clear contact.
Bonus Tip – Cleaning!
In addition, you could also use a wet tissue to clean the charger, only while it is unplugged.
This will verify that no leftover debris could prevent the clear contact, restoring the functionality of your Oura ring immediately.
Warning: Do not reconnect the charger to the power before it has fully dried up!
2. Optimize the Oura Ring Battery Usage
There are many tips for maintaining the proper battery health of the Oura Ring and preventing excessive electricity from being drained at all times.
Here are proven tips to reduce the battery consumption of the Oura Ring by optimizing settings and the ring’s physical conditions:
- Always charge the Oura Ring before going to bed!
- Activate the “Airplane” mode of your mobile device.
- Enable “Low Battery Notifications” in the Oura app.
- Prevent excessive damage to the ring’s battery unit.
- Always store the ring properly when it isn’t in use.
- Only use the Oura Ring with one device at a time.
Following these tips accordingly should dramatically reduce the rate at which the Oura Ring will be consuming the battery.
However, keep in mind that the internal battery of the ring could be starting to wear out, meaning it could no longer hold the same amount of charge as it once did.
Tip: Replacing the battery is the only option if the band cannot hold charge for long!
3. Reset the Oura Ring’s Power Equipment
There could be a potential power failure or blockage with the charging equipment of your Oura ring, preventing the unit from sustaining a proper level of charge.
To address physical problems with the Oura ring’s equipment, perform a power circulation.
Follow these steps to reset the charging equipment of the Oura Ring:
- Unplug the power cable of the Oura Ring’s charger from A/C.
- Disconnect the type-C cable from the wireless charging stand.
- Next, wait for 60 seconds while the equipment is discharging.
- Reconnect the type-C cable into the wireless charging stand.
- Plug the other end of the power cable into an electrical outlet.
- Put the Oura Ring on the wireless charger’s surface and test.
While the power cable of the Oura Ring’s charger is unplugged, inspect the cable for visual hardware damage, such as rips and cuts.
Potential defects inflicted on the surface of the charging cable could be the reason for the battery problems with your Oura Smart Ring!
Reminder: Double-check if the ring has established proper contact with the charging stand!
4. Update the Oura Ring’s Firmware!
An outdated band firmware can cause a charging issue with the Oura Ring.
Applying the latest firmware is necessary to maintain the proper software condition of the ring and gain access to the newest features and optimizations available for the Oura device.
You need the Oura mobile application to update the firmware of the ring!
Here’s how to update the firmware of the Oura ring in easy steps:
- Open the Oura application on your mobile device.
- Next, wait for a notification on the app’s homepage.
- Once the update prompt shows, select “Update Now”.
The Oura application automatically detects the latest firmware update available for your Ring.
As long as the mobile device remains connected to a stable internet connection, all you have to do is accept the update prompt within the Oura application to update the ring.
Note: The update of the Oura Ring could take up to 1-2 minutes to complete!
5. Remove & Reinstall the Oura App!
Another reason why the Oura ring won’t hold charge is due to a problem with the Oura home application.
An error with the platform is more likely to cause a discrepancy in the battery status rather than cause a physical malfunction with the ring itself or the charging process.
Let’s identify the most efficient way to reinstall the Oura app on Android and iOS!
How to Reinstall the Oura Home App On Android?
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the “Applications” tab and find Oura.
- Highlight the application and select “Uninstall”.
- Once the app is erased, open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Oura application and download it.
How to Reinstall the Oura Home App On Apple iOS?
- Locate the Oura app on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Press and hold the app and choose “Remove this app.”
- Once Oura is uninstalled, open the App Store platform.
- Then, use the search field to locate the Oura application.
- Download and install the Oura application on your device.
Once the Oura application has been reinstalled onto the system of your mobile device, make sure to activate “Automatic Updates” for the platform!
Notice: After uninstalling the app, you must sign back into your Oura account!
6. Factory Reset the Oura Ring System!
Well, by performing a factory reset on the Oura Ring, the device’s software information will be backed up and reset.
This is a testified resolution to any underlying hardware/software issues with the ring, including problems with the charging process and the device’s equipment setup.
How to Backup All Data On Oura Ring?
Before conducting a factory reset, it is advised to back up all of the content and settings of the Oura Ring through the mobile application.
- To save essential settings from being reverted to factory defaults, go to “Menu” > ‘Settings” > “Back up all data.”
Note: Verify that the ring is connected to the charger while backing up.
How to Restore Oura Ring to Factory Defaults?
- Verify that the Oura Ring has a stable internet connection.
- Place the ring on the charger until it reaches 50% capacity.
- Open the Oura application on your Android or iOS device.
- Select the menu icon on the upper corner of the homepage.
- Scroll down and press the factory reset icon in the corner.
- Swipe left and navigate to the “Tools” tab from the section.
- Select “Factory Reset” and follow the on-screen instructions.
The Oura Ring will automatically load up the backed-up settings profile after the factory reset process activated through the mobile application is complete.
Warning: If the Oura Ring doesn’t have a backup, none of the lost data can be restored!
Whenever the Oura Ring not holding charge, power cycle the ring’s charging equipment and update the device to the latest firmware version.
If the issue persists, reinstall your Oura home application and reset all of the ring’s software data and configurations.
Follow our blog for more helpful technical tips and solutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.