If you’re wondering why the Oura ring not connecting, we’re here to provide all the answers!
Whenever the Oura ring isn’t establishing a Bluetooth connection with your mobile device, the issue could be related to issues with the Oura app or network-related problems.
This guide will uncover all possible causes for the problem and provide top-tier and trustworthy solutions!
When the Oura ring won’t pair with your mobile device via Bluetooth, force quit the Oura app first and update the mobile device’s firmware. Next, reinstall the Oura app and restore the device’s network settings to factory values.
Let’s investigate the Oura ring’s connectivity issues further!
Why is Oura Ring Not Connecting Android?
Although the cause for the Oura issue is identical on Android and iPhone, there are still some OS-related possibilities.
Let’s investigate the cause of the Oura connectivity issues on Android first to determine what could prevent the Oura ring from establishing a Bluetooth connection!
Here’s what could possibly go wrong with Oura’s connectivity on Android:
Why is Oura Ring Not Connecting iPhone?
One of the iPhone’s popularities is that the iOS is highly-compatible with many external and third-party applications.
The declined Bluetooth connection of the Oura ring could be due to issues with the iOS or specific problems with the network, version, or settings configuration.
Here’s what could possibly go wrong with Oura, specifically for iPhone devices:
- The iOS version of the iPhone is outdated.
- The APN iOS configuration is not correct.
- The iPhone device is no longer supported.
Those were the possible causes for Android and iOS, so let’s jump into the troubleshooting!
Oura Ring Not Connecting – 6 Proven Solutions!
Tip: Follow our steps in consecutive order!
1. Force Quit the Oura Application!
The first solution to issues with the Oura application is to force quit the software on the Android or iOS device.
This is a proven and effective method to address non-lasting connectivity bugs or glitches since the Bluetooth signal is established through the Oura app.
Here’s how to force quit the Oura app on both Android and iOS:
- Verify that your Oura application is launched on the device.
- Next, tap the “Home” button or swipe upwards for iPhones.
- After closing the Oura, access the temporal device memory.
- Locate the Oura app in the temporal memory and remove it.
- Re-launch the Oura application and reconnect the Oura ring.
- To access the temporal memory on Android, hold the “Home” device button.
- To access the temporal memory on the iPhone, swipe upwards and left/right.
How to Clear Oura Application System Cache?
You can only clear the data and cache for the Oura application on Android devices that provide access to the system prompt of all installed platforms.
- To clear the Oura app cache on most Androids, go to Settings > “Storage” > “Storage” > “Storage” > “Clear Data” > “Clear Cache.”
Note: To “clear” the Oura cache on iPhone, deactivate/reactivate the app through the settings!
2. Restart the Device’s Bluetooth Feature!
Perhaps there’s an issue with the Bluetooth feature of your mobile device.
Hence, to address connectivity problems with the Oura Ring, it is recommended to deactivate the wireless feature of the Android/iPhone and turn it on again after 30-40 seconds.
How to Reboot the Bluetooth Feature On Android?
- Open the “Settings” app on your mobile Android device.
- Press on the “Wireless” tab and then go to“Bluetooth.”
- Next, tap the activation slider at the top of the screen.
- Wait for 30 seconds while the Bluetooth is deactivated.
- Press the activation slider again to turn on the feature.
How to Reboot the Bluetooth Feature On iPhone?
- Swipe downwards from the top of the iPhone screen.
- Tap the “Bluetooth” and the “Wi-Fi” icon in the menu.
- Next, access the “Settings” app and press on “Wi-Fi.”
- Press the deactivation slider to deactivate the Wi-Fi.
- Turn on the Bluetooth after waiting for ~40 seconds.
Remember that deactivating the Bluetooth feature of the mobile device will unpair the unit from all wireless devices within range.
After setting the Bluetooth feature back to “ON,” you will have to manually re-establish connection with all wireless devices that lost their Bluetooth connection.
Note: Verify that the mobile device's Bluetooth is set to “ON” before testing Oura!
3. Reinstall the Oura Application!
To address issues with the Oura application installed on your device, it is recommended to uninstall the platform and download it again.
Removing and re-adding the application will verify that the platform is updated to the latest version and that there are no underlying cache issues.
How to Reinstall Oura On Android?
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android mobile device.
- Next, navigate to the “Storage” prompt within the settings.
- Locate the “Oura” application within the installed apps list.
- Tap the application and then choose the “Uninstall” option.
- After the Oura app is gone, download it from Google Play.
How to Reinstall Oura On iPhone?
- First, find the Oura app on the homepage of the iPhone.
- After that, press and hold the Oura app for 3-4 seconds.
- Next, tap on “Remove this application” to remove Oura.
- After the app is uninstalled, open the iPhone’s App Store.
- Use the search field to locate and download the Oura app.
Note: Some Androids will prompt whether you want to activate “Automatic Updates” for Oura!
4. Update Your Device’s Firmware!
Perhaps there could be a compatibility issue with the Oura application and the ring because of an outdated device firmware.
Thus, the next step is to verify that the mobile Android or iPhone device is updated to the most current firmware version for guaranteed device compatibility.
Note: The mobile device has to be connected to cellular/Wi-Fi to update!
How to Update Firmware On Android?
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Next, navigate to the “Software Update” section.
- Tap on the “Check for Updates” button below.
- Wait until the checker displays newer versions.
- Select the “Install & Apply” button to begin.
How to Update Firmware On iPhone?
- Open the “Settings” application on your iPhone device.
- Tap on the “General” tab within the settings application.
- Select the “Software Update” tab and wait for the scan.
- Tap the “Install Now” to start the firmware update task.
Reminder: Your device will reboot during the update process!
5. Reset the Device Network Settings!
One of the remaining reasons for the issues with the Oura application is a network issue with the Bluetooth transmitter of the mobile device.
To resolve any underlying problems with the wireless connectivity of the Android or iPhone device, you must reset the network settings!
Alert: The data reset will delete all remembered Bluetooth and Wi-Fi networks!
How to Reset Network Settings On Android?
- Open the “Settings” on your Android device.
- Navigate to “Reset” > “Network Reset Data”.
- Confirm that you wish to reset the data type.
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided.
How to Reset Network Settings On iPhone?
- Open the “Settings” on your iPhone device.
- Access the “General” tab and scroll down.
- After that, tap “Transfer or Reset [Device]“.
- Follow the provided on-screen instructions.
When your device’s network settings are entirely reset, try to connect your Oura ring from scratch to check whether the process will work.
Tip: After the reset, you must set up settings such as your WiFi, APN, and Bluetooth!
Oura Ring Not Connecting to New Phone?
If the Oura ring is not connecting to your brand-new mobile device, there could be an issue with the internet connection or the device’s firmware version.
So, let’s take a quick look at what to do!
Here are some essential things to check on a brand-new phone:
- Check if there is stable Wi-Fi/cellular internet connectivity.
- Verify your mobile unit has been activated by the provider.
- Determine if there are remaining device initial setup steps.
If everything on the mobile device’s software part seems fitting, the issue is most likely with the Oura ring.
So, testing the Ring on a different mobile device is advised to determine the cause!
Note: If you’re also experiencing issues with Oura on another device, contact Oura Support!
Whenever the Oura ring not connecting, force exit the Oura application and update the firmware of your mobile Android or iPhone device.
If the issue persists, clear the Oura application’s cache and restore your Oura app device’s network settings to defaults.
Follow us for more Oura ring troubleshooting and solutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.