As a subscriber, you might be wondering is Peacock TV free on Verizon Fios. We’ll provide you with a comprehensive guide and cover all the necessary details.
Peacock TV is a recent streaming platform from NBC with over 21 million subscribers. It’s rapidly gaining popularity, and they’re partnering with other providers to increase their coverage.
Keep reading to find out!
Yes, you can access Peacock TV with a Verizon Fios connection. Peacock TV offers free access to their platform, whether you’re a Fios subscriber or not, allowing you to enjoy their content without any restrictions.
Before we answer your other queries about accessing Peacock TV through Verizon Fios, here is something you should know.
Is Peacock TV Free on Fios: Important Points to Know
You can access the free Peacock TV streaming service by logging in with your Verizon Fios account.
You can watch selected episodes of Peacock Originals and some other content. To watch everything, you need to subscribe to a premium plan.
Here are other important things you need to know about Peacock TV on Fios:
- You can get the free tier of Peacock TV with your Fios subscription
- You’ll need to sign up first to access Peacock TV
- Since Peacock TV is an app, you can watch it on other devices
- You’ll need to subscribe to Peacock TV separately to access premium content
Now, we’ve established that Verizon Fios offers Peacock TV as an add-on channel. Let’s answer more of your questions about Verizon Fios and Peacock TV.
All Your Questions Answered About Is Peacock TV Free on Verizon Fios
Is Peacock TV free on Verizon Fios? If you are a Verizon Fios cable network user, you’d be thrilled to know that they have included Peacock TV in their offer.
You can now route your favorite fantasy series and reality TV shows easily.
What Do You Need to Know About Peacock TV
Peacock TV is a new online streaming platform that allows you to watch over 20,000 hours of content from movies, shows, and NBC Originals.
Since it’s a relatively new platform, it must differentiate itself from the rest. One of the ways Peacock TV accomplished that is by offering free tier plans for everyone.
Signing up for the free tier allows you to watch a select number of videos absolutely free.
The catch is that you’ll have to watch a few ads before you can start watching.
Some important things to know about the Peacock TV platform:
- NBC launched Peacock TV, their brand-new streaming platform.
- Enjoy TV series, movies, and other video content from NBC Studios.
- Has a free tier plan that’s free for everyone with an account.
- Peacock TV does not require saving a credit card for an account.
- Exclusive content comes in the form of NBC Originals like Dr. Death and The Office.
Note: Upgrading to the paid tier gives you access to the entire Peacock TV library.
Can You Get Peacock TV for Free With Your Verizon Fios
Now that we have established that Peacock TV is free by default, you can also access it on your Verizon Fios subscription.
Additionally, since Verizon Fios is a fiber optic internet provider, you can access Peacock TV streaming on any device connected to your Fios network.
Your question is whether your access to Peacock TV is limited to its free tier plan.
It’s understandable since other providers can bundle services and offer you premium access by signing up for their subscription plans.
Here’s what you need to know about getting Peacock TV with Verizon Fios:
- Verizon Fios fiber optic internet gives you access to Peacock TV.
- Verizon Fios offers Peacock free tier with their cable packages.
- You won’t be able to use your Verizon Fios account to log in to Peacock TV.
How Can I Access Peacock TV on My Fios
If you have a Verizon Fios connection, you have ready access to Peacock TV.
Since you already have an internet connection, you can watch Peacock on various devices, from your smartphone, computer, smart TV, and game consoles.
Verizon Fios also comes with TV plans, but since Peacock TV is not a full-fledged broadcast channel, you won’t be able to access it through your Fios box.
If you really want to watch Peacock TV, you will need to download the app on your device.
Here’s how you can watch Peacock TV on Fios:
- Go to the Peacock TV website at peacocktv.com.
- Click on the Sign-Up button to create an account.
- Fill up the signup form by filling in your details.
- After creating your account, log in to the Peacock TV service.
- Put in your Verizon Fios account number to link both accounts.
Note: After completing these steps, you can also add apps to your Verizon Fios box to make launching Peacock TV easy.
Can I Watch Peacock TV for Free on Any Device
The good thing about this setup with Peacock TV and Verizon Fios internet is that you can watch it on almost any device.
You’re not bound to a cable box where it’s the only place to watch your favorite content.
You’re not going to have any issues when it comes to the devices you can use to watch Peacock TV.
Here’s where to watch Peacock TV on your Verizon Fios network:
- Your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Computers or laptops via a browser.
- Streaming devices like the Amazon Firestick or Roku.
- Android and smart TVs with the Peacock app.
- Game consoles like the Xbox and PlayStation.
Do I Have Access to Premium Content with My Verizon Fios Account
From what we know, all Peacock TV accounts are created equal.
Unfortunately, if you use a Verizon Fios account to access Peacock TV, you won’t have access to any premium content from the platform.
There’s just no agreement between the two companies to provide special access to Fios account holders.
Don’t get me wrong, it would be great if you get special access to Peacock TV with your Fios account.
However, it’s just not currently on the table. If you want premium access, you’re going to need to do it the old-fashioned way by paying.
Here are the Peacock TV plans available to you:
- Peacock Free tier: Free for everyone with an account.
- Peacock Premium with ads tier: $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year.
- Peacock Premium without ads tier: $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
Note: Once you upgrade to any premium plan, you now get access to the entire content library of Peacock TV.
How to Upgrade to the Peacock TV Premium Tier
With the blazing fast speeds of Verizon Fios fiber optic network, you’re certainly going to want a lot of content to watch.
Peacock TV’s free tier does offer you quite a few notable movies and shows, but it doesn’t compare to over 20,000 hours of on-demand content.
It’s understandable that you want to make full use of your fast internet and want access to all of Peacock TV’s content.
Since you’re not grandfathered into the plan with a Fios account, you will need to upgrade Peacock TV yourself.
Here are the steps to follow if you want to upgrade Peacock TV to premium:
- Go to the Peacock TV website at peacocktv.com.
- Click on your profile at the top right of the page.
- Select the Upgrade to Premium option.
- Choose if you want to get Premium or Premium Plus.
- Enter your payment details and click on Pay Now.
Note: Before you finalize your decision to stick with Peacock TV’s premium plans, they’re offering you a 7-day free trial, so we recommend that you try it out.
These are everything you need to know about Peacock TV and Verizon Fios. With Peacock TV’s free tier, just about anyone can watch on the streaming service.
However, if you’re looking for more exclusive content, you will need to pay for it. Contact their customer service department if you have questions about the Peacock TV service.
Is Peacock TV free on Verizon Fios? Now that you know the answer, you can create an account and enjoy watching content from this brand-new streaming platform.
You can watch Peacock TV for free regardless of your internet provider.
Read Next: How to Fix Peacock Error 6007 Easily?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.