In case you’re wondering about how to restore contacts from Verizon cloud, we got just what you need!
Similar to what you want, a lot of people are also looking for ways on how they can do this easily, and so, we made this guide for you!
We will walk you through the best, fastest, and most convenient ways of how you can restore or recover deleted Verizon cloud contacts on both iPhones and Android devices!
You can restore or recover deleted contents on the Verizon Cloud via the Verizon Cloud application on your device! Regardless of what device you own, you’ll easily be able to restore it!
Before we get to the process, let us first unravel the possibility of doing so. Can you really restore deleted content from the cloud?
Yes, similar to all other virtual storage, the Verizon Cloud also has a trash or bin folder where deleted contents are stored until they are removed completely.
This is also applicable to all other content that has been stored on the cloud, which includes photos, videos, sounds, and other files!
Restoring or recovering deleted contacts from the Verizon Cloud isn’t actually difficult. In fact, it’s just like how you would restore or recover content from your device!
We’ll be dividing this guide into two (2) parts: Restoring from trash, and then, restoring back to iPhone or Android devices.
Before we put back deleted contacts from your Verizon Cloud back to your device, we first have to recover them from the Verizon Cloud’s trash, right?
So, here’s the process of recovering deleted content from Verizon Cloud:
- Log into your My Verizon account using a browser.
- Once logged in, click Account on the top bar and select Add-Ons & Apps.
- From there, select Verizon Cloud > Manage Add-On > Access Verizon Cloud.
- On the sub-tool bar, select Settings > Trash.
From there, you can select the files you want to restore. You can choose from Media and Contacts.
Check the checkbox of the files you want to recover on your Verizon Cloud, and then hit the Restore button that can be found beside the Permanent Delete button (trash bin icon).
You can also restore it by syncing the contacts in the Cloud on a browser, then backing it up on your device.
Here’s a summary of how you can do it:
- Log into your Verizon Cloud account through a browser.
- Once logged in, hit on Contacts > Select All > Add Contact.
- Then, put a mark on the checkbox that says Sync and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, open the Verizon Cloud app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Lastly, select Backup Now and wait for the process to finish!
Now that we know how to restore or recover deleted files on Verizon Cloud, let’s now learn how you can restore them on a device!
Here’s the process of restoring files, media, and contacts from Verizon Cloud to your iPhone.
- Download the Verizon Cloud app to your device via the App Store.
- If it’s already downloaded, check and ensure if it’s up-to-date.
- Once done, access the Verizon Cloud app.
- Then, hit on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) on the upper-left part of the screen.
- Once there, hit the Settings icon on the upper right.
- Select Tools > Content Restore.
NOTE: If you’re restoring because you changed phones, the contact restoration process should run automatically. Otherwise, manually restore it by following the 4-step process above.
But, what if you’re using an Android device instead of an iPhone? Does it follow the same process?
Ideally speaking, the process is the same. The differences and distinctions would lie in the user interface or the UI of the Verizon Cloud app.
But, we won’t leave you clueless as to how you can do it. So, this is the process of recovering contacts and other types of files to your Android device!
- Download the Verizon Cloud app on your device via the Google Play Store.
- If you already have it, check if the app is updated.
- Then, access the Verizon Cloud app.
- Hit the Menu icon (three-dotted line or three horizontal lines).
- From there, tap Cloud Settings > Tools > Content Restore.
- Toggle the checkbox of the files you want to restore to your Android device.
Akin to iPhones, the restoration or the recovery of contacts should be automatic when you change phones. If you run across problems and it doesn’t do it on its own, follow the process above!
Now that you know the process, you can easily recover whatever file you delete on the virtual storage back to your device!
Whether you accidentally deleted photos/images, videos, songs, documents, messages, and even calls, you can restore them!
There have been no reports about Verizon Cloud automatically deleting files in the trash bin. In fact, some subscribers complain about the fact that their storage is already full because of all the deleted files on the cloud.
If you wish to delete content on your Cloud’s trash folder:
- Access the My Verizon on your browser and navigate to Account.
- From Account, hit on Add-Ons & Apps > Verizon Cloud.
- In that same section, select Manage Add-On.
- Access Verizon Cloud.
- On the top bar, select Settings > Trash.
- Then, select the content that you want to permanently delete from the cloud.
- The Permanent Delete icon is the one beside the Restore/Recover icon.
- Finalize it by clicking OK to confirm the action.
Managing the media, files, documents, and even contacts on your Verizon Cloud feature is simple, easy, and convenient! If you initially thought that it’ll give you a hard time, it won’t!
Unfortunately, all files that aren’t on the cloud wouldn’t be accessible and retrievable. If it’s still in the trash folder, you can still retrieve and restore it.
Otherwise, there’s no way for you to get it back when it’s permanently deleted from the cloud. Even if you contact Verizon customer support, they wouldn’t be able to help you get the content back.
If you’re not sure about restoring contacts from Verizon Cloud back to your device, you can do it from the Verizon Cloud app that’s installed on your device!
Read Next: How to Enable Verizon Personal Hotspot?
In case you’re wondering how to restore contacts from Verizon Cloud, you can do it directly on your device, so long as your device is properly synchronized to your Cloud account.
Even if you’re a tech beginner, we made this guide so that everyone can understand it!
The next time you need help restoring contacts from the Verizon Cloud to your iPhone or Android device, just go back to this guide!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.