How to get subtitles on Sky Go? We all have experienced finding a good movie or TV series to watch. However, we do not enjoy it as much because of the lack of subtitles.
The language barrier hinders us from understanding the plot or the story, deeming any film, even the greatest, useless.
PLYMedia researched the effects of subtitles on movie completion, and it was found out that “An additional 80% of the audience finishes the video when subtitles are included”.
It speaks volumes of how much a caption can influence the impact of a movie or a show to a person.
Luckily, the Company recently allowed subtitles in some of its channels to accommodate all viewers, including the deaf.
Setting it up is not something you should worry about so much because we are here to teach you how to get subtitles on Sky Go.
Just carefully read the steps we provided for you, and you can enjoy some excellent movie finds after.
How to Get Sky Go Subtitles
Getting Sky Go subtitles can be confusing for many. Let us learn how to this feature on various devices like iPad or Apple device, Computer, Q box and PS4 in easy steps.
Sky Go Subtitles on iPad or any Apple Device
At present, subtitles are only available on recordings if you are using an iOS. If you wish to turn on the subtitles, here is a step-by-step guide on how to get subtitles on Sky Go.
Check if the subtitle is enabled on your Sky Q box. If not, switch it on.
Once you are done, open the settings on your Apple device.
Go to Accessibility Settings
If you have an iOS version of 12 or older, click the General button and then select Accessibility. Otherwise, go to the main settings screen, and you will directly see the Accessibility button. Click it.
Proceed to Subtitles & Captioning
Under the Accessibility button, you will see the Subtitles & Captioning. Switch it on to enable.
After that, record the subtitled programmes because, as mentioned, subtitles on Sky Go currently work only on recordings if you own an iOS device.
Not Showing on all Programmes?
You should know that Sky Go has contracts with broadcasters and TV shows, where some of them limit the company’s decision on adding subtitles.
It is the primary reason why the caption is not available in all programmes.
On Sky Q box (Using Remote Control)
You can switch on the subtitles while watching TV when you follow the simple steps listed below. There are three or four ways on how you can do it depending on the remote you own.
On your Sky Q remote, find the question mark (?) button and press it. Once you are done, click Select to toggle the subtitles on or off.
Look for the help button on your Sky Q remote and click it. Afterward, toggle the subtitles on and off by pressing the right and left arrow buttons.
On a Sky Q accessibility or Sky Easy Grip remote, you should press the subtitles button. When you press the select button, it will allow you to toggle the subtitles on and off.
Applicable only when your Sky Q remote has voice control. The first thing you need to do is press the voice button and hold it until you finish the voice command. Into the microphone, say the words “Turn subtitles on” to enable caption.
Sky Go Subtitles On Computer
If your attempt to switch on the subtitles using your mobile device or the remote control failed, do not worry. There are some other ways to enable captions.
One of which is the use of a computer. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do it.
- Go to the settings and find the Subtitles & Captioning option. Then, switch it open.
- Recording the subtitled programs to your Sky Q box is the next thing you should do.
- Once you are done, open your PC application and select the recording tabs. You can find it at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the recorded programme you want to watch and play it.
- Enjoy the show with subtitles!
Sky Go Subtitles On PS4
Sky Go designed an option where you can use your PS4 to enable captions. Talk about convenience.
Here are the simple steps on how to do it.
- Pressing the pause or info button on your PS4 controller is the first thing you need to do.
- Once you are done, a movie info bar would appear on the screen.
- You would see a bubble-like icon. Switch it on to enable the captions.
- Now, you can better watch with subtitles.
How to Turn off Subtitles on Sky Go?
Subtitles can be distracting when you perfectly understand the language used in a particular show.
For this reason, learning the steps on how to turn off subtitles on Sky Go is essential in having a worthwhile movie night.
We provided two ways on how to go about it for your convenience.
Through Sky Go
- Using your device, go to the Settings option.
- Afterwards, select the General button and then click the Accessibility option.
- Under the Accessibility button, you would see Subtitles & Captioning. Click it.
- To complete the process, you should switch off the subtitles by turning off the Closed Captions + SDH.
Through the Sky Go App
- What you need to do first is to select the help button on your app.
- Afterwards, press it down to find the Subtitles option. It is next to the audio description.
- You can turn the captions off by pressing the left and right arrow buttons.
- Do not forget to click the save the settings option before you click exit to make changes in your subtitles. Otherwise, it would remain on.
Keep in mind that there are channels that do not have subtitles available. Expect a warning with the “unavailable” label in some of the shows you want to watch. You would know a particular movie or TV series has a corresponding subtitle if an On and Off option is displayed instead.
Boost your Sky Wifi
No products found.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.
Amazon Links : Last update on 2022-11-29 / Price & Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. You will be redirected to Amazon website to complete the checkout process.