Are you trying to find a guide on how to exit Netflix on DISH? Can’t you find a tutorial that’ll give you the complete step-by-step instructions on how you can close and log out of the application completely?
In today’s guide, we wouldn’t just give you a generic guide about it, we will give you a complete walkthrough on how you can do this process!
You can exit and log out of your Netflix account on your DISH Hopper using the remote control! If it gets stuck or frozen on the sign-out or log out screen, then you should perform a reset on your DISH receiver.
Right before we dig deep into the process of how to log out of Netflix on the DISH Hopper, let us first discuss the reasons why you have to do so.
Whether or not you’re using your personal DISH receiver, here are some of the reasons why it’s important to know the process of logging out and exiting Netflix on a DISH Hopper or receiver:
- It’s frozen and/or crashing
- You want to log into a different Netflix account
- You want to go back to regular TV
The process of closing or logging out Netflix on your DISH receiver will be different depending on the type of Hopper or receiver you’re using.
Don’t worry, we will teach you the complete list of steps or what you need to do to successfully close Netflix out! So, how do you exit Netflix on DISH?
For this guide, we’ll give you detailed instructions on how you can exit Netflix on the different DISH Hoppers available!
If you’re using the Wally, Joey, or a Hopper receiver and you’re unable to exit out of the Netflix app or sing out of it, you can easily follow these simple and easy steps.
- On your receiver’s controller, navigate to Netflix’s home screen.
- You can do this by pressing [BACK] or [LAST] on your remote.
- Once you’re there, hover your pointer to the right part of your screen and select Settings.
- At the bottom part of Settings, select Sign Out.
- After clicking that, the system will confirm if you really want to log in.
- Click Confirm or OK to sign out of your Netflix account.
Doing this will simultaneously exit the app and revert you to regular TV. This is how you do it on a Wally receiver!
But, what do you need to do if you’re unable to close your Netflix account? What troubleshooting steps can you take to successfully exit and sign out of Netflix from your DISH receiver?
Good news! If you’re unable to follow or if you think that the method, we mentioned above isn’t reliable, you have other ways on how you can exit Netflix on your DISH!
In case you find this method not convenient for you or if you want to do another method because you don’t feel confident in doing this, don’t worry, there are other ways of exiting or signing out of Netflix on your DISH receiver!
Doing this method would help you exit or log out of your Netflix account on your DISH hopper, as well as all other devices where you could have possibly logged your Netflix account on!
So, to do this successfully, follow these steps:
- On your laptop or computer, access Netflix website.
- Log into your Netflix account and select your profile.
- On the top-right part of your screen, choose Account > Settings.
- Scroll down until you see the option that says: Sign Out of All Devices.
- Should Netflix confirm this action, you simply have to click Confirm or OK.
After doing that, you simply have to wait for the system to close it all out! It will confirm this action and once done, just exit out of the browser and you’ll find that all devices you used to log into your Netflix account will be logged out.
The next method would involve all other logins or app accounts logged into your DISH hopper or receiver.
Restoring all settings is an action similar to factory resetting or wiping the entire DISH receiver’s storage.
Doing this method wouldn’t just log your Netflix account out of your DISH receiver, you’ll also clear or wipe all cached data on your receiver!
- Ensure that your DISH remote has active batteries installed.
- On your remote, press [HOME] three (3) times or the [MENU] twice (2).
- Scroll to the left until you see Tools.
- Then, choose Reset to Factory Defaults > Reset Receiver to Factory Defaults.
- This will give you a prompt asking you to confirm this action, click Yes or OK.
- Wait for the system to recognize this action and allow it to restart.
When the DISH hopper boots back up, you’ll find that your Netflix account has been closed and logged out!
NOTE: This will also clear any saved usernames/emails and passwords that are on auto-fill.
The last method is for situations where your receiver is frozen or if it has crashed and it’s stuck on Netflix.
Doing this method will give you a complete reboot not just of Netflix, but of the entire device as well! Power cycling your receiver will be like a “hard restart” of the device.
While it’s turned on and activated, go to the receiver and unplug it from its main power source. You can do it either by unplugging it from the back of the device or from the wall outlet.
Wait for 30 seconds to a full minute, and then plug it back in again. When it boots back up, you’ll see that your Netflix account is closed and is logged out!
With this guide, you didn’t just learn how you can close out or exit Netflix on your DISH hopper, you also learned what steps you can take to successfully log it out as well!
Read Next: How to Reset Netflix on DISH Hopper?
If you’re wondering how you can exit Netflix on your DISH receiver, you can easily do it by using your remote control! In case you’re not able to sign out properly, check your internet connection, perform a power cycle of your receiver and your TV, and finalize the process by factory resetting your receiver!
Just like you, many people are lost in finding the right guide that’ll teach them how to exit Netflix on DISH.
Whether it’s for a Joey, a Wally, a Hopper, or even a regular DISH receiver, this guide is perfect and will be able to solve your dilemma!
No matter how hard you look for it online, you wouldn’t be able to find a guide as detailed and as comprehensive as this!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.