If you want to know how to connect Epson Projector to WiFi, this step-by-step article will help you understand why you need to secure it.
You will also learn about the two different classifications of Epson projectors and the steps to remember when connecting them wirelessly.
To connect your Epson projector to WiFi, plug in your device to a power source and power it on. Press the “Menu” button on your remote and choose the “Network option” on the Menu. Press “Enter” and make sure the “Wireless Mode feature” is ON.
Your projector should be able to pick up any wireless connection.
Why Connect your Epson Projector Wirelessly
Wirelessly connecting your Epson projector brings accessibility and wireless freedom.
You don’t have to wrestle with long cables every time you need to project. It has many other advantages, but first, let us talk about the two classifications of Epson projectors.
- Home Projectors – projectors that require the use of a large screen, such as those used for gaming and home theaters.
- Projectors for Work – projectors that display high-quality images for educational institutions and office presentations.
Now, focus on why you should connect these projectors wirelessly.
Get The Most Of Your Business Meetings
Present on the go with a wireless Epson projector. Whether you are in a conference room or boardroom, it enhances communication and collaboration in your business.
It also delivers sharp image quality to uplift the capabilities of your enterprise.
Create A More Engaging Classroom Encounter
Learn beyond the classroom with a wireless Epson projector.
Wireless education projectors inspire imagination and enhance the learning environment and create a collaborative experience.
For A Wireless Home Theater And Gaming Experience
Eliminate wire clutter and project 1080p content in your home theater when connecting to your Epson project wirelessly.
Play various entertainment content conveniently and wirelessly connect up to 50 devices.
Epson wireless projector allows you to display content without running a single wire. It provides more flexibility to connect smart devices while keeping the room tidy.
How to Connect Epson Projector to WiFi
We listed complete solutions below if you are wondering how to connect WiFi to Epson Projector.
You will also find complete steps to ensure proper connection between your device and the Internet network.
Solution #1: Install a WiFi Module (Check Your Projector)
Some Epson projectors have built-in wireless connectivity, but others do not.
You need to put in a Wireless LAN module to enable your device to connect to wireless networks.
- First, check your projector for built-in wireless connectivity.
- If it has no built-in wireless connectivity, install the WiFi module.
- Take away the cable cover at the back of your device.
- Insert the wireless LAN module into the wireless port.
- Once done, put back the cable cover.
Note: A wireless LAN module is a high-speed network adapter that you plug into your projector to allow wireless network connections.
Solution #2: Install the Epson iProjection Software
Install the Epson iProjection software to allow your computer to connect to your Epson projector over WiFi.
It works excellently on both Mac and Windows devices, opening a world of possibilities for people of all walks of life.
First, download the Epson iProjection software from the App Store or Google Chrome. You can also get it with the EPSON Projector Software CD-ROM for your Mac.
- Check the WiFi settings of your computer and projector.
- Make sure you connect them to the same network.
- For an Advanced wireless connection, open the iProjection app and choose your device from the list.
- If it is not on the list, search by IP address.
- Click OK to confirm the connection.
Note: If you do not have the EPSON Projector Software CD, download the software from the official Epson website. Once installed, you can set up for wireless projection.
Solution #3: Configure the Network Settings of Your Projector
Configure the network settings to create a seamless connection between your projector and network.
- Plugin your Epson projector, and power it ON.
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- Select Network, and then press Enter.
Note: Make sure the Wireless Mode is ON. If it is not ON, your Epson projector won’t pick up wireless connections.
#3A: Connect Your Projector Directly to a Computer
Connect your Epson projector directly to your computer with these simple steps:
- Press the Menu on your remote and select Network Configuration.
- Select Wireless LAN > Connection Mode > Quick.
- Exit the Menu. Your computer is now directly connected to your projector.
Note: Secure your connection by scrolling down to Security. Then, please set it to WPA2-PSK to set a password.
#3B: Connect Your Projector to a Router
Connect your Epson projector to a router with these steps:
- Press Menu and select Network Configuration.
- Select Wireless LAN > Advanced.
- Select Search Access Point and press Enter.
- Choose your WiFi network and connect.
- Once connected, click Finish and Enter.
Note: Make sure both your Epson projector and computer are connected to the same network.
Making Sure Your Epson Projector is Properly Connected to WiFi
Before using your wireless Epson projector, make sure you properly connect it to your WiFi network.
If you are having trouble connecting your projector wirelessly, follow the steps below.
Step #1: Make Sure Your Projector and Computer is on the Same Network
If you are linking your Epson projector to your router, make sure it is on the same network as your laptop is using. If they are on different WiFis, they won’t work together.
Here’s how to connect your Epson projector to your WiFi:
- Turn ON your projector.
- Press Menu and go to Network, then Enter.
- Set the wireless setting to Wireless LAN.
- Select Network Configuration > Wireless LAN > Connection Mode.
- Continue with Solution 3A or 3B.
Step #2: Make Sure WiFi is Enabled for Both the Projector and Computer
If you can’t connect wirelessly, ensure you enable a WiFi connection for both your projector and computer and you have installed the Epson iProjection software.
- Check if your projector appears on the list of available networks.
- Make sure the Wireless Mode feature on your projector is ON.
Then, make sure you enable WiFi on your computer. Click the Windows button and go to Settings > Network & Internet.
Select WiFi and slide it ON. You will see the list of available networks. Click Connect and enable WiFi.
Read Next: How Do I Register My Printer with Google Cloud Print?
Thus, connect your Epson projector to your WiFi by ensuring the Wireless Mode is ON. First, turn on your device and press the Menu button on the remote. Select Network turn on Wireless Mode. The Epson projector should be able to pick up your wireless connection.
In this post, you learned how to connect Epson projector to WiFi and why you should do so.
Whether you wish to connect to your router or directly to your computer, you will find a step-by-step guide and useful tips to ensure a successful wireless connection.
To make sure your devices are properly connected, make sure your Epson projector and computer are on the same network and make sure you enabled WiFi for both of them.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.