If you are setting up your device for the first time, you may be asking yourself, “How do I register my printer with Google Cloud Print?”.
Once set up, you will be able to print files and photos over from any location and from any device. All you need is a stable Internet connection.
To register your printer with Google Cloud Print, you will need a Google ID and a cloud-ready printer. Go to Settings and click Show Advanced Settings. Then, select Add Printers. You will see your printer listed under New Devices. When you do, click Register.
Google Cloud Print allows you to print documents over the Internet from anywhere in the world.
You can use your phone or tablet to any printer using the Android mobiles and Google web.
If you have a Cloud-ready printer, connecting to the technology can be as easy as entering your ePrint email address.
Printing from Smartphones and tablets is becoming a necessity, especially in the education and public sector.
It’s easy to understand why because of the following advantages:
1. No Need to Install any App
In order to start printing, you don’t need to install any app on your mobile device. So, it reduces excess work to setup app.
2. Print on the Go
You can print photos and documents from anywhere in the world and from any device as long as you are connected to the Internet.
3. Access to Files
Access your documents anytime, anywhere with Google Docs™.
4. No Intervention from IT
You don’t need to hire an Information Technology specialist to start printing. You can pretty much do it yourself.
5. Google Cloud Print Enabled Apps
Print anywhere from your smartphone and computer.
In order to use Google Cloud Print, acquire a Google ID and register your printer in advance. Update your printer firmware to make sure it supports the feature.
Print from your smartphone, tablet, or personal computer with Google Cloud Print. How do I register my printer with google cloud print?
It’s easy. A Google ID and any printer are the only requirements. No need to download any other apps.
Most newer models support Google Cloud Printing and are ready out of the box to use the technology.
If you bought a Cloud-ready printer, there’s a great chance it is already registered with Google Cloud Print. All you need to do is set it up.
- Open Google Chrome browser and click the Menu icon on the upper left corner.
- Click Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom and tap Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down again, and click Add Printers.
- Log in to your Google ID.
After logging into your Google Account, you will come across any of the three situations:
If your printer is already registered, you will find it under My Devices. Just click Manage to confirm.
Printer Not Registered:
If it is not yet registered, you will find your printer under New Devices. In this case, click Register and follow instructions to complete the registration.
Can’t See Printer:
If you don’t see your printer, check if it is connected to your network and look for special instructions on the manufacturer’s website.
Note: Make sure your smartphone, tablet or computer, and printer are all connected to the same network before starting the Google Cloud Print setup.
If you are using a traditional printer, it may be non-cloud ready. But, don’t worry. You can still set it up to use Google Cloud Print.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer and go to chrome://devices.
- Click Add Printers.
- Log in to your Google Account.
- Once signed in, Google will recognize any printer connected to your computer.
- Tick your printer from the list to register.
A confirmation message will appear stating that your printer has been registered to Google Cloud Print. Once registered, you can start printing anything from anywhere to your printer.
Unlike regular computers, you cannot directly connect your Chromebook to a printer. Its OS does not support this feature, so you need to set it up to use Google Cloud Print.
To start, first, you need a printer registered with Google. (Skip the process if you already have a registered printer.)
Since there is no way to connect your Chromebook to a printer, you will need to use a regular computer connected to a printer to complete the first process.
- Log in to a regular computer connected to a printer.
- Open Google Chrome browser and tap the three-bar Chrome Settings icon on the right side of the screen.
- Click Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Add Printer.
- Log in to your Google Account if you are not already logged in.
- When directed to Google’s Cloud Print website, tick your printer name and click Add Printer.
Once registered, you are set up to print documents and photos and from Chromebook to your registered printer.
Aside from your computer, you can Google Cloud print through your Smartphone, whether it’s an iPhone or Android.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you.
- Download and install the Google Cloud Print app on your Smartphone.
- After installation, enable the service.
- From the list of connected printers, open the document or photo you want to print.
- Go to Menu and tap Print.
- Finalize the print settings, such as the number of copies and paper size.
Once ready, press the Print icon. The steps are pretty straightforward. You don’t have to go through so much trouble.
If you are unable to register your printer to Google Cloud Print, don’t worry!
We will help you out. But, first, make sure you enable the web service on your printer. Change your firewall settings to allow access.
- Make sure your printer is online and is Google Cloud ready to print.
- Make sure your laptop, Chromebook, tablet, or smartphone is connected to the same network as the printer.
- Make sure the printer is registered with Google Cloud.
- Make sure both devices are updated.
Reboot the device if you are unable to register after trying the above solutions. If the issue persists, contact customer support for additional assistance.
To start printing with Google Cloud Print, acquire a Google ID and a Google Cloud-ready printer. Go to Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Add Printers. Under new devices, you will see your printer name. Tick it and click Register. You are now set up.
If you want to know the answer to how do I register my Printer with Google Cloud Print, this post gives you the reasons to register your printer.
Also, you can learn how to do it if you have a traditional printer, a Cloud-ready printer, a Chromebook, or a Smartphone.
If you cannot register your printer to Google Cloud Print, change your settings and make sure your devices are updated and connected to the same network.
If the issue persists, contact customer support. If you find this post helpful but have difficulty with another printer setup, this blog will help.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.