Not happy with your Xfinity mobile subscription anymore? We’ll walk you through the steps if you want to know how to cancel Xfinity Mobile.
Undoubtedly, Xfinity is one of the country’s most popular mobile phone plan providers.
But, perhaps, you found another provider that offers a more affordable plan with better features.
We’ll help you go through the steps on canceling your Xfinity mobile plan.
When you decide this is the best for your situation, we got you.
You should have no problem canceling your Xfinity mobile plan if your contract has expired. If you are still under warranty, you need to call customer service to help terminate your agreement with the company. You must cancel your Xfinity Mobile service subscription at least 30 days before the start of the next billing period.
Xfinity mobile is an excellent option if you want affordable mobile plans with various perks.
However, it is essential to consider whether the company’s services suit your needs. You also need to review a few things before making the decision.
1. Porting Your Number
When you move to another number, your Xfinity Mobile account will automatically cancel. You need to request a security PIN.
2. Don’t Cancel While Transferring
Make sure that you don’t cancel your subscription plan during the transfer process. Your new carrier will take care of that for you.
3. Remaining Balances
If you still owe a credit on your mobile payment plan, you must either pay off the device in full or continue with the remaining monthly payments.
If you cancel, the remaining balances will appear on the final bill.
4. Fees and Charges
If you cancel an Unlimited Data plan, your data charges will be pro-rated. Xfinity does not pro-rate By the Gig data charges.
Once you’ve considered everything, it’s time to set your account cancellation date. Call Xfinity customer service and let them know of your decision.
Canceling your Xfinity Mobile subscription should be easy.
There are many ways to do it, but as long as you follow our guide, you can have the freedom to transfer your number and avoid service fees.
If you decide that canceling your subscription is the way to go, you can do it over the phone.
Call this number: 1 (800) 934-6489 and explain why you no longer want to continue with the membership.
- Start the call and answer the menu by saying Cancel Service.
- Confirm you’re speaking with Retention.
- Let Retention know you’d like to cancel.
- Get a cancellation date and a plan for the return of your equipment.
- Get the representative’s name and ID.
Note: You will be offered lots of goodies, such as a cut-down on your monthly bill. Politely decline them.
You’ll need to complete a simple cancellation form if you opt to cancel your membership via your Xfinity account.
Someone from the company will then call you within two business days to confirm your request.
Here’s what you should do:
- Log in with your account details.
- Fill out the cancellation form.
- Answer all the questions in the form.
- Submit the form.
- Wait for confirmation.
Note: There are two ways to access your Xfinity account: with your Xfinity ID and password or your mobile phone number.
If you live near a local Xfinity store, we suggest you take the matter personally.
When you get to a store, explain the situation and enumerate why you no longer wish to avail of their service.
Doing this can also make the process convenient since you can return your phone in the store.
- Find an Xfinity store near you.
- Talk to a customer service representative.
- Explain why you need to cancel the service right away.
- You don’t need to wait for a phone call.
Note: Another way to cancel is by mailing a cancelation request.
Make sure to include your full name, account number, phone number, and service address.
Once you tell your new carrier that you are transferring your Xfinity number, you don’t have to cancel anything.
When the activation is complete with your new carrier, your Xfinity mobile service for that line will be disconnected automatically.
Upon contacting your new carrier, they will ask for your Xfinity security PIN.
Here’s how to request for it.
- Log in to your Xfinity Mobile account.
- Go to Devices.
- Select the device you want to transfer.
- Scroll down and tap Learn More
- Click on Transfer your Number, Cancel this Line.
Note: If you are transferring more than one number to a new carrier, you will use the same security PIN for any line on the account.
Now that you know the steps to cancel Xfinity mobile, you need to know a few more important things about the Xfinity Mobile Cancellation Policy.
At this point, asking questions about transferring your number and what to expect after canceling your service is fair.
Let us get to the bottom of it.
If you wish to leave Xfinity for another carrier, you don’t have to do anything else.
You can simply start service with your new carrier. You can, however, opt to transfer your number. When you do, your Xfinity Mobile service will be canceled right away.
Here’s how to transfer your Xfinity number to a new carrier:
- Request for your Xfinity Mobile security PIN.
- Contact your new carrier.
- Inform them you are moving a number from Xfinity Mobile.
- If you still owe a balance, pay off your phone.
- Xfinity will cancel your service number activation.
Note: If you’re transferring your Xfinity Mobile number, don’t cancel your service just yet. This will stop the request and lose your number.
No term contract is required when you sign up for Xfinity Mobile service, which means you can cancel anytime.
You don’t have to worry about early termination fees. However, there are a few things you need to expect after canceling.
- If you have an Unlimited Data plan, pay the pro-rated data charges based on your current bill cycle.
- If you still owe a balance on your device payment plan, pay off the device in full or continue with the remaining monthly payments.
- If you plan to bring your phone to your new carrier, then pay for your device and contact Xfinity to unlock it.
- If you cancel all Xfinity services, you will need to pay the remaining balance in full on your next bill.
Now, you know everything you need to know about canceling Xfinity Mobile.
If you’re sure you want to end your subscription to their service, call them, send them a letter, visit their local store, or submit a cancellation form online.
If you have other questions about cancellation, contact Xfinity customer support.
Now that you know how to cancel Xfinity Mobile, you should be able to end your subscription to their service without any issues.
You’re also prepared to deal with charges and fees and remaining balances.
Follow this guide, and you should be able to cancel your Xfinity Mobile plan easily. Anyway, you can always contact Xfinity customer support if you encounter issues.
Read Next: Xfinity Mobile Can’t Make Calls?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.