If you are looking for steps on how to activate new SIM card TELUS makes your work very easy.
We are going to look at the easy steps that you can use to activate your TELUS SIM card.
The activation process happens online. It can be done by anyone with the ability to access the web
To activate your TELUS SIM card, you will need to login into your TELUS account or visit the SIM registration page. From here, you will be required to provide the numbers on your new SIM card and choose a plan for your phone. You will then choose or port your number and add a payment method.
There are a few bottlenecks that could be experienced in the process of activating your TELUS SIM card.
Keep on reading to get the full details about activating your SIM card.
To activate your TELUS SIM card, you must fulfil a few conditions. Most of these steps are simple but will not be completed unless you meet certain conditions.
Conditions to Activate TELUS SIM card
- You must be connected to the internet either through your phone or computer
- You must have purchased a new TELUS SIM card and should have the card with the number on it
- You must have a payment method ready to complete the activation of your TELUS plan. TELUS accepts credit cards and debit cards for this purpose.
- If you are porting your number, you must have your old provider SIM card active in your phone during porting
- If you are an old TELUS user, you must remember the username and password to your TELUS account.
To resolve the question of how to activate a new TELUS SIM Card, we must look at all the steps involved.
The following steps are based on the assumption that you have already acquired a TELUS SIM card and have it at hand.
If you are yet to acquire a TELUS SIM card, get one from a TELUS shop or purchase one online.
Now that you have your SIM card, follow these steps to activate your TELUS SIM.
- Go to the TELUS SIM card activation page
- You will be required to input your SIM card number. Find the 19-digit number at the back of your SIM card and input them appropriately.
- If your SIM card is already activated, the number you input will be deemed invalid. If your SIM card is not yet active, the number will be accepted and you can click continue.
Note: The SIM card number is printed on both the large and micro-SIM cards that can be used on your phone.
The second step involves choosing your phone number. All new TELUS customers are given chance to select a preferred number. If the number you pick is available, it will be assigned to you.
For this process, do not choose a number from your old service provider. If you choose to use your old number, you must undertake a porting process.
Read the steps below to see how you will port your number.
To choose your new number
- Click on Choose Number after confirming your SIM card
- Enter the digits of your preferred number
- Click on continue to proceed
Note: If the number you choose has already been taken by someone else, you have to pick a different one.
You can pick from provided suggestions to reduce the process of selecting your number.
Once you select a number, hit on proceed and continue to the payment section.
With TELUS SIM cards, you cannot complete your registration before you pick a plan and add a payment method. The first step you are required to undertake is to pick a plan.
At this point, you have to choose a prepaid plan since you are registering for a prepaid SIM card. Once you have your plan, select a payment method.
To set up payment method:
- Select your preferred payment method from the ones provided
- TELUS supports credit cards, Visa Debit cards, Interac Online and Prepaid Voucher PINs.
- Once you select your option, fill out the provided form with the right details and click on proceed.
- On the next page, you will have a chance to review all your details including your credit card information. Confirm that your data is okay before clicking “Submit”.
Note: This process also creates your TELUS account. You should receive your account login details once registration is complete.
If you already have a TELUS account but want to activate a new SIM, use an alternative method.
The steps above are only useful if you are activating a TELUS SIM card for the very first time.
If you already have a TELUS account and only need to add a new SIM card, you do not have to start creating an account. In this case, all you have to do is log in to your TELUS account and change your SIM card.
It is important to remember that TELUS does not support dual SIM cards. In other words, you cannot have more than one SIM card on a TELUS account.
If you choose to purchase a new SIM card, you should be ready to lose your old one.
To change your TELUS SIM card from your account
- Login to your account
- Select Device
- Select Change Device
- Click on I Want to Change SIM Card
- Enter the number on your New SIM card
- Confirm the number to proceed
Given that you will be changing your number in the process, TELUS will require that you conform to your actions. You may either receive a confirmation on your phone or your email.
Whenever you are activating a new SIM card, you will have the option to port your number also.
If you do not want to port your number, you can skip this option and just choose a new number. If you want to port your number, there are a few steps you must undertake.
If you will be porting an old number, ensure that your old SIM card is active inside your phone. Do not start this process unless you can access your SIM card.
Steps to Port your number during activation:
- Under phone number selection, select Transfer Number From Old Provider
- Enter the account number from an old service provider or use your phone number
- Wait for more instructions on your phone from the old service provider
- Follow all the steps send to your phone by the old service provider
- Wait for a confirmation message from TELUS to finish the activation
Note: Porting a number from an old service provider is not complete until you receive a confirmation message from TELUS on your new SIM card.
Finally, you have the chance of activating your new TELUS SIM card from any TELUS store. Visit any store that sells TELUS SIM cards and ask for a new activated SIM card.
The representative will activate the SIM card while you wait, a process that should take a few minutes.
If you purchase an activated SIM card from the shop, you must activate your TELUS account later.
Once you have your SIM card running, visit here. You must provide your email address and phone number to complete registration.
This post fully answers the question of how to activate new SIM card TELUS way.
If you are a new TELUS customer, you have the simple steps you should follow to get your account active. If you run into any trouble, call TELUS customer care.
Read Next: How to Check TELUS Voicemail?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.