If you are considering to be a Koodo customer, you must learn how to activate Koodo SIM card.
The first step you will be required to take as a Koodo customer is to make your SIM active. Apart from purchasing your SIM card, which is pretty obvious, you must activate it.
It is only after activation that you will start enjoying their plans.
To activate your Koodo SIM card, visit the Koodo activation site and enter the number on your SIM card. After entering the number, you will be required to choose your preferred number. You may choose to transfer your number from the previous service provider. Make payments and proceed to enjoy your SIM card.
The steps to activate your Koodo SIM card are very simple. You should not waste even an hour on the process.
Keep on reading to find out the details.
What You Will Need to Activate Koodo SIM Card
There are a few things you must have before you start to activate SIM card Koodo style.
If you want to have a smooth process, make sure you get all the requirements before you start.
Here are all the requirements to activate your SIM card:
- You must purchase a new SIM card from any store or online at Koodo.
- You must have a phone that accepts a Koodo SIM to confirm if the SIM has been activated.
- You must have your old SIM card active in a phone if you choose to transfer your old number.
- You will be required to provide your active email address during the activation.
- You must have a valid credit card with a Canadian address to pick up a plan and complete activating your SIM.
How to Activate Koodo SIM Card Step by Step
Once you have provided all the above details, embark on the Koodo SIM card activation steps.
You will just need a few minutes to complete these steps successfully.
Step #1 Confirm That SIM Card is Working
Before you even start activating your SIM card, it is important that you confirm it is working.
You do not want to switch phone providers just to find that Koodo does not work on your phone. To confirm if your SIM card is working, you must insert it into your phone.
How to confirm that your Koodo SIM card is working:
- Unwrap your SIM card and pop out the size that fits your phone.
- Insert in your SIM and check to see if you have service.
- If you have service, the SIM is working and you are ready to go
Note: Koodo SIM cards come in three sizes, standard, micro and nano.
All the sizes are wrapped in one card. Pop out the size that matches your phone type.
Step #2 Activate Prepaid SIM Card
To activate a prepaid SIM card, you must have it at hand. Make sure your card is at hand before you jump into the activation steps.
Steps to activate prepaid SIM card
- Visit the Koodo SIM card activation page
- Enter your SIM card number which should be contained on your SIM card.
- Click on proceed to complete the activation
Note: If the SIM card you are using is already active, you will receive "invalid" feedback.
This should not be a cause for alarm since some SIM cards are activated at the point of purchase.
Step #3 Choosing and Transfering Phone Number
To complete activation, you must either choose or transfer a number from the old service provider.
Here are the steps
- Once you click proceed in the step above, you will be prompted to choose a number or port an old number.
- If you are choosing a new number, enter your preferred number digits and select Proceed.
- To port an old number select Transfer Number from the previous service provider.
- Enter your Account Number from the old service provider
- Alternatively, you may use your old phone number if you do not remember your account number.
- Have your old service provider SIM card ready on your phone so that you can receive instructions.
- Once you receive instructions on your phone, follow them step by step to complete porting.
- Once porting is completed, you will receive a confirmation on your Koodo SIM card.
Note: For porting to be completed, you must receive instructions on your old phone and follow them.
After following all the steps, porting should be completed in less than 2 hours.
Step #4 Choose a Plan and Add Payment Method
The final steps in activating your Koodo SIM include choosing a plan and selecting your preferred payment.
Once you have selected your preferred number move on to the next steps.
How to choose a plan and set payment plans:
- Log in to your account and review the available prepaid plans. Select one that suits your needs.
- You will be required to choose a payment method to complete your choice.
- Enter a valid credit card number and verify your identity
- Click on Confirm Payment to complete the process.
Note: Your credit card should be able to process the initial payment for the process to be complete.
Step #5 Activate SIM at the Store
The other option you have when it comes to activating a Koodo SIM card is doing it at the store.
If you want to move to Koodo but do not want the hustle of activation, simply visit any Koodo store.
The representatives selling the SIM card can do the entire process for you while you wait. It should take just a few minutes and you will walk away with an active SIM card.
The good news, you do not have to undergo any extra costs for activation.
Note: If you activated your SIM in-store, you must also register for the self-service portal to choose plans.
How to Register Self-Service on an Active SIM Card
If you registered your SIM card at the store, there are some things that you might have missed.
One of the most important steps you could miss is choosing a plan.
It is, therefore, necessary to register for the self-service and login into your account to pick a plan.
To register for self-service after activation do the following:
- Visit Koodo Mobile Self-Service Page.
- Enter your email address
- Enter your Koodo phone number
- Your Koodo SIM must be active on your phone to receive a 4-digit code.
- Enter the activation code you receive in a text message and select Continue.
- Choose a plan and enter your credit card information to complete the process.
Note: If you had already registered for prepaid using your email, you do not need to register again.
Login to your account using your email and the password you selected at the time of registration.
How to Confirm That Your SIM Card is Activated
After undergoing all the above steps, you must confirm that activation has been successful.
There are situations where your efforts to activate may fail. If activation fails, you must contact Koodo customer service for assistance.
To confirm that your SIM card is active:
- You will receive an SMS notification from Koodo confirming that your SIM card has been activated.
- You will also receive an email notification confirming that your SIM card is active.
- If you are porting your old number, you must receive confirmation from Koodo that the number has been transferred.
- To be sure that the process is completed, try calling the number you have selected as your phone number.
The above steps outline ways that will help you activate your SIM card. If you have been wondering how to activate Koodo SIM card, you should now be able to complete the process easily.
If you encounter any problem in the process initiate a conversation with the Koodo team online.
Read Next: Koodo Not Registered on Network?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.