Have you been thinking, “how do I turn off my bt landline voicemail”? Keep reading this guide to discover the best simple steps to turn off your voicemail.
Here you’ll find the most effective methods for disconnecting your voicemail service from your BT Landline, as well as other important considerations.
There are only a few ways to cancel your BT landlines voicemail service. Firstly, visit their website by going to www.bt.com/callingfeatures. Secondly, you can also go to the My BT section of their website to manage your features. Lastly, call a BT representative in the customer care team.
We will go over the few short methods in this article, and you will soon be able to cancel your BT Landlines voicemails services.
When you’re not available to answer the phone or if you’re on another call, you can leave a message on voicemail.
If you get an interrupted dial tone, you have a message in your mailbox.
The following features are also included in this service:
- For callers to hear, record your customised greeting and change it as often as you wish.
- Up to 30 messages can be saved.
- Messages are kept for 6 months or 30 days if they’ve been listened to.
- You’ll need to set up a PIN from your home phone to link your voicemail to your cell.
There are only a few options for disconnecting your BT Landlines voicemail services, thankfully. To begin, we’ll go to BT’s website and look at the various cancellation options.
Use the My BT section to manage your service and add-ons, and then contact BT to do so with a customer service staff.
Let’s look at the options for canceling your BT landlines Voicemail services:
- Visit BT Website. On BT Website visit BT Calling Features settings page. It will display any existing calling capabilities on your connection.
- Visit MyBT. Here you are always able to sort out your calling features on My BT.
- Call Customer Support. You can directly speak with a professional to cancel your voicemail.
Now that we’ve looked at the primary options, let’s move on to the best how-to methods to help the query.
Before you start, make sure you have a reliable internet connection, as the primary methods will all be computer-based.
You can use either your laptop or computer or even the browser on your mobile device.
If you want to stop BT’s Voicemail service:
- Go to BT’s website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click ‘alter your calling features’ to get rid of 1571 and caller display.
- Remove any extras you don’t want by scrolling down and clicking.
Note: Alternatively, you can cancel these services by calling 0800 587 7218.
Dial 1571 and wait for the BT Answer mailbox greeting to see if 1571 is active on your line.
If you wish to keep Caller Display, you can avoid paying for it by calling BT and signing up for a new 12-month line rental contract.
However, there may be better bargains available elsewhere, so shop around first. For more information, see the section below.
Solution #2 Visit My BT Page
At MyBT page, you may control all of your calling services (including ordering, upgrading, and canceling them).
This will initiate the ordering procedure online. To proceed, provide your home number and postcode, as well as confirm that you are the BT account holder.
A web page will display any current calling capabilities on your connection.
- To cancel 1571, go to the bottom of the page.
- Select the radio button that says, “Remove all my messaging features.”
- Alternatively, you can choose to keep BT Call Protect by selecting that radio button.
- To finalize the canceling order, click Continue.
There are 3 main methods of contact BT’s customer support service:
- Their outstanding teams are all headquartered in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- From the BT mobile network:150
- From the United Kingdom: +1 (800) 800-150
- From outside the United Kingdom: +44 150 174 7714; +44 150 174 7714; +44 150 174
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends and holidays
Visit the Help Page:
Customers have the ability to go onto BT’s customer help page, where they have multiple different guides and helpful tips.
This way you can self-serve if you don’t necessarily have the time to speak to a support staff member on the phone.
Visit the Community:
BT has an online community page where customers can post questions and also respond to other people’s queries if they know the answer, and BT staff members also monitor this space so can jump in where needed.
There is a search box, so you are able to see if another customer has possibly raised the same question as you, and therefore get a nice, quick answer.
If you require any additional assistance, please contact the BT Support team for additional troubleshooting advice.
They may be able to help you disconnect your BT Landline Voicemail service via several techniques.
You can switch off BT voicemail by calling 15710, then dial 15711 to turn it back on. If you have a BT account, you can update your voicemail settings via the internet. Log into your My BT account to change your calling options. If you want, you can cancel 1571 by deactivating your messaging features and renewing later.
We are certain that you now understand the question “how do I turn off my bt landline voicemail?”.
You’ll be able to tackle the problem without requiring outside assistance.
Contacting a professional, on the other hand, is usually a smart choice because they’ll tell you exactly what’s wrong with your BT account or service, as well as what you should do next.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.