How do I reset my Talktalk Youview Box? – is the question often associated when you get lots of TalkTalk YouView box problems.
These errors are inevitable, like in any other streaming platform. YouView is a box extension of your television that allows you to view a wide variety of programs.
Together with TalkTalk, you can now pause or rewind more channels and avail on-demand services. Thus, you will surely enjoy your break time with these offers.
If you are getting problems while using this box, then this guide is a must read for you.
Here you will find how to fix all the basic problems that you may encounter with your youview box.
Without any delay let us get started!
Reset Talktalk Youview Box
Before you go for a complete reset of your box, we recommend trying our basic troubleshooting and see if the issue is fixed. This is because reset will erase everything.
Next, we have listed the specific problems that users face in general. Check them out and still if you can not sort out the issue, go for the reset method mentioned at the later part of the article.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Encountering technical problems is inevitable when you are using a device. Here are some of the basic issues that you might face and how you could fix your TalkTalk YouView Box problems.
- If your YouView box does not start up quickly, you might want to change your device management from Eco mode to Low.
- This process reduces the start-up time from standby.
- When dealing with an error message shown on your screen, you can shut down your device and turn it back on again after a few minutes.
- If you have forgotten to change your YouView PIN, the default password is 1234.
Troubleshooting Methods for Specific Problems
There are various methods that you can do on your own before contacting TalkTalk’s customer service. Below is a list of frequent problems that you may experience with your YouView box.
If you are experiencing signal issues, the first step that you can do is check the signal quality and strength.
You can fix this TalkTalk Box problem by following these steps:
- Choose the channels that you want to check the signal.
- Press the YouView button.
- Select settings.
- Choose the signal quality option.
However, if the signal strength indicates a less than 50% result, you may do these steps:
- Secure all the cables, and make sure it is all connected properly.
- Restart your YouView box.
- If this did not resolve the problem, opt for a channel re-tune. You can see this option on Settings, under the TV Signal & Quality option.
- Check all appliances near the device as can affect the signal.
T Stuck on Loading
On the other hand, you can do the following steps if your streaming box is stuck on loading:
- Turn on the power on your device.
- Start the YouView box and then press the + and – button at the same time. Please note that you should press these buttons before the message ‘YouView Waking Up‘ is displayed.
- You can navigate the menu using the +/- buttons. Choose the ‘Factory Reset Keep Recordings‘ option.
- Press the power button to access this option. Follow further confirmations.
Box Not Responding
A device that is not responding may have issues with its aerial connection or a software problem. To fix this connectivity cause, you may try to do these steps:
- Restart the device. Turn off your television and all of the other equipment connected. Please turn it on again after waiting for a minute or 2.
- If this doesn’t work, determine the type of aerial that you are using to collect signals. It may be a communal, indoor, or an external one.
- Try changing the nature of the aerial that you have.
To fix the software problem, you may try to do these:
- Turn on the power.
- Press both +/- buttons on the device at the same time.
- While doing the secon step, click the power button on the YouView box.
- This step will direct you to the maintenance mode. Then select the second option, where you can find your recordings.
- It will now download the relevant software.
Fails to Start
You may opt to do the basic restarting of the device to see if it can fix some of the software’s issues. Make sure that all your cables are in good running condition.
Bad Picture Quality
If you are experiencing poor image quality while watching, you may opt to re-tune your live channels.
Follow these steps to solve your picture quality while watching on-demand:
- Try disconnecting other devices that may compete with the Box. This occurrence is happening because using other technology such as laptops and phones can slow your broadband speed.
- Make sure that the ethernet connector is attached correctly to your Powerline Adapters/Router.
- If the problem is not solved, you may contact your service provider.
How Do I Reset My TalkTalk YouView Box?
Several issues might be solved by resetting your device. So, you may be wondering, how do I reset my TalkTalk YouView Box?
Please do take note that this step should be one of the last options that you will consider because you will lose the programs that you have recorded.
There are things that you need to be secure before you can do the TalkTalk YouView Box reset method.
It would help if you had already tried the Maintenance Mode option and ensured that the device is connected to the internet.
This process will also delete all of your settings and scheduled recordings. However, after a factory reset, you will be able to retain the latest software that you have.
After doing these things, you can reset TalkTalk YouView Box using the following steps:
- Press the “Menu” button or the YouView button.
- Select the “option” Settings.
- There are a lot of options, but make sure that you find the “Information & Reset”.
- Select “Factory Reset”.
- A “confirmation notification” will pop up on your screen and enter all the numbers that you see to lock in the process.
- The device will then reset on itself. It may take a “few minutes” to finish.
In the case of a factory reset failure, what you can do is try other Maintenance Modes like 3 and 4.
The first one is a type of maintenance mode that will also delete all your recordings. In contrast, the second type of maintenance mode mentioned will keep all of your records.
Access Tons of Programs Without Any Issues
If these solutions are not enough, you may consider checking your box model and contact your service provider.
Different models tend to have a unique distinction from each other. So, to have more precise and on point instructions, this step might be crucial.
We hope that these options help you solve your TalkTalk YouView Box Problems.