The Frontier TV app not working is one of the most common problems faced by users.
When a person says that their Frontier TV app is not working, they could mean a lot of things. Different customers suffer from different errors.
However, the bottom line is that the user is unable to view what they want to view at a specific time.
To fix the Frontier app not working, we must first fix the internet connection. The Frontier TV app will not work without a stable connection Once this is resolved, download an updated application from the app store. If this does not work, check out more detailed solutions below.
Fixing the Frontier TV application not working can be challenging. We must consider that the errors that can occur are many.
However, there are steps you can take to put things in order.
The Frontier TV not working error is common but it is caused by different things.
Before you embark on solving the error, you should try to get to the bottom of the matter. Having an idea of the cause can go a long way in helping you find the ideal solution.
Some of the common causes of this problem are as follows.
- Login issues which can be easily fixed by resetting your password
- Streaming problems that are caused by slow internet and temporary device problems
- Compatibility issues can result in the application not launching properly or features failing
- Content availability issues that often result in a lack of specific content in some regions
- Technical glitches that may result in application crashes after some times of use
For each of these problems, we can apply a solution that will get you going again.
If the problem is not related to your application, it could be related to your internet or the device itself.
There are a few solutions that cut across the board. These solutions can go a long way in dealing with the stated issues above.
However, before you embark on troubleshooting and applying solutions, you should start by fixing internet problems.
The Frontier TV application will not function unless you have a stable connection. Ensure that your connection is good by testing other apps that use the internet on your phone.
The steps you may take to fix internet issues are
- Turn airplane mode on and off
- Turn mobile data on and off
- Restart the device
- Restart your router
- Check to see if you have an active data plan if you are using mobile data
If all these issues do not help, move on and try applying the following fixes.
The first fix you should try to apply is clearing the cache and application data. Most often than not, when the Frontier app starts misbehaving it has something to do with the cache.
This is the first target you should look at before making any other changes. Below are the steps to clear data and cache for the Frontier application.
How to clear data and cache on Android:
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Apps”
- Scroll and select “Frontier TV”
- Tap on “Storage“
- Select “Clear cache.”
How to clear application data on iOS:
- Go to your Settings
- Select General
- Select “iPhone Storage”
- Tap on “Frontier TV”
- Select “Offload App.”
Note: Clearing the app data will delete any login information and app preferences. You may need to log in again after clearing the app data
If clearing application data does not change the situation you should consider checking for updates.
On most devices, the Frontier TV application should be updated automatically. However, this may fail due to personal preferences and settings.
To find out if your app needs updating, you will have to go to the app store and check for updates. Here are the steps to check for updates and install them on your device.
Check and install app updates on Android and iPhone:
- Open the App Store on your device
- Go to My Apps and Games on Google Play and search for Frontier TV
- On the Apple Store tap on Updates
- You will see the available updates for the Frontier TV application
- If there is an update, tap on Update Application
- If there is no update leave the application the way it is
Note: You must restart the application after installing updates to see if it works.
If updating the application won’t still work, the next solution should be removing the application from your phone.
When you remove the application and install it again, you clear most of the errors causing it to malfunction.
Steps to uninstall and install the Frontier TV application again:
- Go to your Settings from your phone’s Menu
- On Android select Apps and tap on Frontier TV then select Uninstall
- On iPhone press and hold the Frontier TV application and tap on the X that appears to uninstall it
- Once the app is deleted go to the App Store and search for Frontier TV in the search bar
- Uninstall the application and tap on install
- Let the app download and finish the installation and try it again.
The DNS can affect our application’s functions. The DNS is responsible for converting domain names (e.g. www.google.com) into IP addresses.
If this fails, there will be no communication between your phone and the world wide web.
You can know if your application is suffering from DNS service if it fails to connect to the internet. In most cases, you will find that you can access YouTube and Google.com but you are unable to open other sites.
In such a case, all you have to do is fix your DNS or wait for the server to recover.
Steps to take to fix DNS problems:
- Try turning off the router and turning it back on
- Try turning off your device and back on
- Contact your Internet Service Provider
- Wait for the DNS error to be fixed
The next solution you may want to try is hard rebooting your device. Now, this solution only applies in situations where the device is frozen.
There are many Frontier TV users that have reported application freezing. If the application freezes and will not start, you may hard reboot your device.
How to hard reboot your device:
- Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds on the Android device
- Release the power button and let it Reboot
- For iOS press and quickly release the Volume Up button followed by the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Side Button immediately after releasing the volume buttons
- When you see the Apple logo, release the Side Button
Finally, if you are unable to solve the problems by the above steps, chances are your device is incompatible. There are some devices that do not work with Frontier TV applications.
If you are using an economy device or an old model, you may want to consider upgrading. It is very easy to know whether the problem is caused by device compatibility.
Device compatibility issues include:
- Frontier TV application does not Launch
- Frontier TV application launches but shuts down after some time
- Frontier TV application launches but does not fit on the screen
- The Frontier TV application keeps freezing
If you are experiencing these issues, chances are that the device is not compatible with your specific phone model.
The only solution here is to get a new device or watch on the web.
To fix the Frontier TV app not working, you should first get to the root of the problem.
There are many errors that eventually result in the application not functioning well. Some of these errors can be fixed by taking simple steps as shown above.
Read Next: How to Return Frontier Router?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.