Calling using TracFone Minutes can be luxurious, but do TracFone minutes roll over? If so, then it can be more than an incredible experience for users who love calling.
Most TracFone customers have had issues with their TracFone due to failure to roll over minutes. Some also wonder if the minutes’ plans exist.
It is essential first to understand how TracFone works so that you can take advantage of their plans.
Apart from dealing with prepaid cell phones, TracFone also sells phones that customers can use their services on. It also offers minutes in smartphones that fall into three buckets: texts, data, and talk.
If TracFone minutes do not roll over in your device, you should check if you have active plans. You can use or cancel these plans after signing in to the website.
So, read below to understand what to do if you want TracFone minutes to roll over.
Do TracFone Minutes Roll Over?
Yes. However, you must activate TracFone plans to ensure that your minutes roll over each month.
How Does Tracfone Rollover Minutes?
If you wish to know how TracFone rolls over minutes, you will first need to know some of the reasons why the minutes fail to roll over.
- You have not activated your plans.
- Your minutes expired before you added airtime.
- You have signal problems.
Note: When you keep track of your TracFone services on your device, you will never miss out on plans.
Since TracFone is a prepaid plan, you can only use the texts, data, or minutes after paying.
Hence, you must ensure that your line always has airtime. To do so, you can check the airtime balance using any of these methods.
- Use the TracFone app; you can download it on google.
- Send a message to 611611
- Use the TracFone website
- Or, dial *777*1#
What to Do If Tracfone Minutes Do Not Roll Over?
If your TracFone minutes do not roll over, you can use any of these methods to solve the issue.
Method 1: Check your Device for Updates
You will need to retrieve the minutes or days manually using these steps.
- Visit TracFone’s web.
- Sign in to your account using the details you used to sign up.
- Click the link showing pending updates.
You should get updates notifying you if your minutes rolled over.
Method 2: Transfer TracFone minutes
If you bought a new TracFone device, you should note that your minutes do not shift automatically. You must transfer them.
You can use these steps.
- Go to TracFone’s Main Page, then click the ‘activate’ icon.
- You will see three options (SIM, Phone, or CDMA)
- Choose among them the activity you wish to perform.
Note: Please note that you can only transfer TracFone minutes to another TracFone smartphone.
If you shifted to a basic phone, you could get only a third of all your minutes. If you find it challenging to transfer the plans, you can also call the customer care number on the platform to help you move the information.
Method 3: Recharge your Line
Minutes roll over automatically if you have airtime in your TracFone. If not, they expire hence you will have to buy new ones.
So, you should ensure that your phone does not lack airtime if you wish your minutes to roll over. These steps can help you recharge your line manually or online.
Buy an airtime card from known TracFone card retailers. Scratch the card to get the pin code below the silver plate.
1. Open your TracFone menu, then go to prepaid.
2. At the bottom of the page, you will see an icon, ‘redeem airtime,’ clickit.
3. Paste the pin code, then press enter. A pop-up message will appear on your screen reading ‘’minutes will be added shortly.” Wait for around 10 minutes, and it shall be so.
4. You may get a prompt to turn on then off your phone. Kindly do so. If you do not get the prompt message, you do not have to do that.
5. Activate TracFone card minutes then your minutes will roll over the next month.
To recharge online follow these steps:
1. Visit your TracFone homepage. On the right side of the device’s menu, click on ‘’activate phone, buy/add airtime.’’
2. On top of your page, click, buy airtime, then buy airtime online.
3. Enter the amount, then enter ‘’1’’ next to the amount to show the quantity.
4. On the TracFone Telephone Number icon, enter your TracFone phone number. You can find it beneath your battery.
5. Click ‘continue’ and choose the method you will prefer for payment, then ‘click continue.’
Below the page, you will see a space where you can add your promotional code after step 4. If you have it, kindly add it.
Your chances of getting promotional codes increase when you buy airtime online. You can also get bonuses on your minutes or increased service length if you have the code.
TracFone Minutes Still Not Rolling Over..
Any of the methods above should have your TracFone minutes rolling over. If not, you must have finished your minutes before their due dates.
Also, your phone’s signal might be low, hence you may not get balance. So, ensure that your signal is stable.
However, if you think that the minutes should still be on your TracFone, you can contact customer care for assistance. You can get TracFone’s number on their website.
Remember that you can only use the rolled-over minutes up to sixty days since you acquired them.
If TracFone minutes do not roll over, you need to check if you have active plans.
Read Next: How to Boost TracFone Signal?
I believe that this piece answers your question about ‘’do TracFone minutes rollover?’’ You will always use your remaining minutes the next period or month if your TracFone has no airtime.
You will also avoid urgent call disappointments due to a lack of minutes. All you need to do is to ensure that your TracFone plans, including minutes, are active if you are a frequent user of TracFone.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.