When you encounter Disney Plus error code 91, don’t worry. You’re on the right page.
We’ll help you figure out what’s wrong and show you what to do.
Either Disney+ has a current outage, or you’re dealing with a corrupted app cache. Connectivity issues can also cause the problem.
Check your Internet connection to verify. Next, some bugs and glitches may cause the streaming service to stop working.
To fix Disney Plus error code 91, try restarting your app. Close the app and launch it again. If this does not work, update your app. Open the App Store or Google Play, tap on your profile, and check for available updates. Finally, locate the Disney+ app and tap the update button.
Before we can resolve the issue, let us first figure out the possible causes. It will help us find the appropriate solution.
What is error code 91 on Disney Plus?
Error code 91 is one of the several error codes that occur due to a down server, temporary service outage, corrupted cache, and unstable Internet connection.
Find out more about it below.
1. Disney+ service outage – If everyone in your area experiences the same error, there may be a current service outage. Check if Disney Plus is having problems.
2. Connectivity issues – You may not have a working Internet connection. Do a speed test to see if you have a reliable network connection.
3. Corrupted app cache – Corrupted cache files may also be admitted as a possible cause. They interfere with the Disney+ app’s ability to function properly.
4. Temporary software bugs – Software bugs and glitches may cause the app to crash or produce invalid results. You won’t be able to stream content from Disney+.
Now you know what might cause the error code 91 in your Disney Plus. You can move on to fixing the issue with our basic troubleshooting steps.
Before you use more elaborate solutions to fix the Disney Plus error code 91, we suggest you start with the simple but effective ones.
First, check for a service outage in your area. Visit the Downdetector website.
If there are no current problems with the Disney Plus app, try restarting it. Close the app and launch it again to clear up temporary files and processes.
Follow the rest of our solutions if the problem persists.
If you suspect that an unstable Internet is the main culprit behind the error.
You can solve this with a simple power cycle of your network devices. It gives your modem and router time to cool off and flush out their memory.
Reset them and see if this helps.
- Unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in the modem first and wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug in the router and wait for 2 minutes.
- Power them on and see if the problem goes away.
Note: A power cycle does not remove any setting or make changes in any software. It is a temporary relief to your connectivity issue.
If solution #1 does not solve your problem, try changing your internet connection.
Switch to mobile data and see if this works. Here’s how to turn on mobile data on iPhone or Android devices.
- Turn off your WiFi connection.
- Go to Settings and tap Data Usage from the drop-down menu.
- Tap Cellular Data to turn the usage on.
- Turn off your WiFi connection.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to Cellular, then Cellular Data.
- Tap the toggle button to switch it on.
Note: You can also enable mobile data from the Quick Settings or Control Center.
If you don’t see any change, use a VPN and change the region. Find a good VPN service and connect with different countries or cities to find a better connection.
VPNs don’t only ensure privacy and security, they can also improve your connection and reduce ping times. This can help resolve error code 91 on Disney Plus.
- Sign up to a reputable and reliable VPN service.
- Download their app on the app store.
- Log in to your VPN app.
- Connect to a server near you.
- Check your Disney Plus if the error still persists.
Generally, VPN apps are easy to set up and easy to maintain. You can also set it up manually through your phone’s Settings.
But, this method is best suited if you want more control over your VPN experience.
Note: You can get VPN services from NordVPN, SurfShark, ExpressVPN and more.
Temporary files often help with device performance. However, they can be corrupted over time, leading to streaming issues.
Follow the steps below to help get rid of corrupted cache and promote performance stability.
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- Tap Apps and select Disney+.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap both Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Note: If you still have issues after clearing your Disney+ app’s cache, proceed to the next solution.
Currently, Disney+ supports two basic video resolutions: HD and SD. On supported devices, it can stream up to 4K resolution.
If you see error code 91, reduce your current stream video quality by lowering data usage in the Disney+ setting.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Disney+ app and
- Select your Profile icon in the tab.
- Navigate to App Settings.
- Under Video Playback, separately adjust data usage for WiFi and cellular.
Note: There are two video quality presets: Automatic and Saved Data.
The Automatic preset helps reduce buffering, while Saved Data uses the least amount of data by streaming SD quality.
You may have overlooked some important updates for your Disney Plus app.
Go to Google Play or the App Store to check for available updates. Install them and see if it clears the error code 91 issue.
Here’s how to update your Disney Plus app:
- Open the App Store for iOSand Google Play for Android.
- Locate the Disney Plus app.
- Check if an update is available.
- Download the update to install it.
Note: Don’t forget to reboot your device to complete the update process.
If nothing works for you, uninstall the Disney Plus app. Follow the specific instructions of your device on how to do it.
Then, reinstall the app again. Hopefully, this will clear the issue. If not, contact Disney Plus Help Center for further assistance.
Read Next: How to Fix Disney Plus Login Black Screen?
Now you know what causes the Disney Plus error code 91 and how you can fix it. Our solutions are simple. You don’t need technical experience to apply them.
But before you dive into them, we recommend starting with the basics. Check for service outages and restart your device first.
If the problem persists, contact Disney Plus customer support. They have experts to help you deal with software and hardware issues.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.