When you see DirecTV GO error 703 then the movie or a TV show episode will not start.
The reasons are many and luckily the solutions are twice as many!
When DIRECTV GO error 703 appears, users need to relog from their account and make sure to update the application to the latest version. The next step would be to clear the cached data and reconnect their devices to the internet.
What Is Error 703 DIRECTV GO?
If you’re getting the error 703 on your DIRECTV GO, there is a streaming/broadcast problem with the content you’ve selected.
The variety of on-demand content available with DIRECTV GO has undergone a particular fault, preventing you from streaming it on your device and account.
The error 703 means “Sorry, we have a problem streaming this content right now”.
The message may be slightly different for you (based on language preference), but it has the same overall meaning.
There are multiple general ways that you can troubleshoot the error 703 on DIRECTV GO and we’re about to get them all explained to you right up next.
How To Fix Error 703 on DIRECTV GO?
To solve the DIRECTV GO error 703 we’re going to use the best working methods available online that users have tested and justified to be helpful.
Let’s begin with the simplest!
Solution #1 Stream Different Content
The key solution to this problem is to stream different content. This will help you determine whether error 703 applies to all content in DIRECTV GO or just a couple of movies or TV shows.
Instead of testing with just one more movie or TV show episode on DIRECTV GO, test with as much as different content possible. That would help you localize the problem.
For instance, if you got error 703 while attempting to stream a movie, put on a TV show instead and vice versa. Just make sure to stream content from different publishers.
If there is a problem with the licensing related to a particular publisher, all of the related content may be temporarily disabled so keep that in mind.
If the error appears on ALL content in DIRECTV GO, proceed with the next solution.
Note: In case the error 703 appears on ALL contents, chances are that the problem is on your side.
Solution #2 Reconnect Your Device To the Internet
Many of the errors on DIRECTV GO can have the same meaning – your device is not connected to the internet.
As simple as it sounds, if there is no connection on your device, none of the content will be available to you, and the error number might be different.
Here’s how to reconnect most mobile devices and smart TVs to the internet in easy steps:
- On your mobile or TV device, go to Settings.
- Enter the “Network” tab.
- Select “Wireless” or “WiFi”.
- Wait for the WiFi scan to search for connections.
- Select your home’s WiFi connection.
- Insert the WiFi password.
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Check if DIRECTV GO error 703 is still there.
Note: You must wait for the connection prompt to say “successful connection” or your device may still not be connected to WiFi.
Solution #3 Update The DIRECTV GO App
To resolve this problem, your DIRECTV GO app must first be updated to the latest available version.
If it is running an outdated version, except for error 703, you may get a bunch of other issues that will prevent you from streaming content smoothly.
To update the DIRECTV GO app on most devices, follow these instructions:
- Close the DIRECTV GO app on your device.
- Open the app store of your device (App Store for iOS, Google Play for Android).
- Once in the app store, go to “Applications”.
- Select “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Scroll down the list of installed applications.
- Locate and select the DIRECTV GO application.
- Once the info list appears, choose “Update”.
- Wait for the process to begin and finalize.
- Test the DIRECTV GO app once the update is finished.
Alert: Updating the DIRECTV GO may sign you out of your account. Use your credentials to relog after the update.
Solution #4 Relog From Your DIRECTV GO
The DirecTV GO error 703 may also refer to problems with the account. What you can do is to relog from your account and hope for the best.
Although it is unlikely, there’s a chance that your account got suspended for some reason and now you cannot watch any of the content.
Putting account restrictions aside, here’s how you can relog from DIRECTV GO:
- Go to the home screen of DIRECTV GO.
- Go to Settings.
- Head to “Account”.
- Search for the “Sign out” button.
- Once on the home screen, use your credentials to sign back into DIRECTV GO.
- Check if the error when streaming content is still there.
In case you’ve got concerns that your account might have been suspended or the billing didn’t go through, we strongly suggest checking that on your My Account page.
Tip: In addition, make sure to restart the application to reboot ALL streaming services.
Solution #5 Hard Reboot Your Device
If the problem with DIRECTV GO persists, then the problem is most likely to be with your device.
When there is an ongoing software problem that prevents DIRECTV GO from working correctly, you will get the error 703 when attempting to stream content.
Here’s how to hard reboot your device in easy steps:
- Exit the DIRECTV GO application on your device.
- Head to the power menu of your device.
- Select the “Power” icon which will shut off your device.
- Wait for 3 minutes while your device is shut down.
- Reboot the unit.
- Access DIRECTV GO.
- Attempt to stream content.
Note: Make sure to keep your device OFF for at least 3 minutes so the device can completely discharge.
Solution #6 Clear App Cache
Overfilled app cache is well-known to cause problems with your device in general that may include errors on certain platforms.
That’s why your next step is to erase the DIRECTV GO app cache that may be causing the error 703.
Here’s how to clear the app cache on most smart TVs and mobile devices:
- Open the Settings of your device.
- Go to “Storage”.
- Press “Internal Storage”.
- Tap “Cached Data”.
- Press the “OK” button on the confirmation prompt that is about to appear.
- Wait for your device to clear the selected app cache.
- Open the DIRECTV GO application and test streaming any content.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
Since the cached data contains logs, login credentials, and much more personalized data, after it has been erased you will be logged out of your DIRECTV GO account.
You’ll need to sign in to check whether the problem has been solved.
Note: If you’re using an external drive on your device, make sure to clear the cached data at “external storage” in the options.
Solution #7 Reinstall DIRECTV GO
If none of our solutions managed to fix the DIRECTV GO streaming for you, then you should reinstall the platform on your device.
Glitched software or corrupted data within the app can also cause problems with the streaming, and produce error 703.
Note: Before you start reinstalling DIRECTV GO, make sure to backup any settings that you would want to re-apply later.
Here’s how to reinstall DIRECTV GO in easy steps:
- Exit DIRECTV GO if it is opened on your device.
- Open the storage of your device.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Locate the DIRECTV GO app from the list of applications.
- Press “Functions”.
- Choose “Uninstall” to remove the app.
- Open your device’s app store.
- Download DIRECTV GO on your device again.
- Login to your account and test if the issue is resolved.
Alert: With some devices’ app stores, it is possible to download older versions of the DIRECTV GO app. Make sure that you download the latest one for your device.
Hence, when DIRECTV GO shows error 703 when you attempt to play content, the solution includes a hard reset, followed by updating the version of the app. Next, the application cache data should be cleared and the app cleanly reinstalled.
Read Next: DIRECTV Stream App Not Working on Firestick?
Now that we know why DirecTV GO error 703 appears and what the solution includes, users can easily deal with this problem at home.
However, in case the problem is persistent and none of the solutions in this post helped, then it’s time to seek further assistance.
For more help, you should contact DIRECTV customer service and report your problem.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.