Whenever there is DIRECTV GO error 1101 then there is something wrong with the connection.
Luckily, we’ve found an easy way to solve the problem at home. So, let’s learn more!
It can either be the connection to the DIRECTV servers or your own internet.
To fix the error 1101 on DIRECTV GO users need to restart their devices and reconnect them to the internet. The next step would be to test different content and relog from their accounts to localize the problem.
The key to correcting error 1101 on DIRECTV GO is fixing the internet connection on your device.
In most cases, errors such as 1101, 1004, and 1002 are displayed due to issues with playing the selected content.
These errors occur whenever the video’s playback is interrupted.
Regardless of the internet speed that your service provider delivers, the video’s playback may be disrupted over WiFi.
A Reliable internet connection is required with DIRECTV GO, especially for the LIVE content so the internet is the primary suspect here.
In conclusion, the 1101 error occurs due to a weak or inaccessible internet connection.
Let’s next learn how to solve the problem:
The solution may require a few extra steps, especially if the problem is not related to the internet.
In that regard, we strongly recommend following the solutions in order!
You should begin the troubleshooting with a simple restart of your device.
If the problem has something to do with an inappropriate startup or a temporal issue with the DIRECTV GO platform, a reboot is definitely your way to go.
Here’s how to reboot most mobile devices in easy instructions:
- Press and hold the power button on the side panel of the device.
- Wait for the power function menu to appear.
- Slide the power button to the left.
- Wait for the phone to shut down.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the device is shut down.
- Press and hold the power button to start the device up.
- Re-access DIRECTV GO.
- Check if error 1101 is resolved.
Note: When the device is low on battery, you might experience a battery throttle, therefore DIRECTV GO streams will stutter or lag.
The direct meaning of error 1101 is that the current content is not accessible/cannot be played.
If that’s the case, then the description of this error suggests that we should attempt a different media to identify the root cause.
It is rare for DIRECTV GO to experience trouble with all of the content on the platform.
You should test out multiple TV shows and movies that are not related and are not published by the same provider.
If there’s currently an outage with one of the providers, all of their content in DIRECTV GO will be offline and will display the same error.
If the error 1101 appears on all content in DIRECTV GO, proceed with our next solution!
Notice: Make sure to only play on-demand content and to avoid LIVE TV for testing until the end of this guide.
Your most essential solution is to get the device reconnected to the internet.
Since most of the errors that have 4 digits in them in DIRECTV GO are related to bad internet connectivity, you need to check two things.
The connection and the internet speed.
Here’s how to reconnect your mobile device (phone, tablet) to the internet:
- Open the Settings of the device.
- Go to Wireless or directly access the Wi-Fi tab.
- Wait for all networks to load.
- Locate your router’s network and press on it.
- Insert the WiFi password.
- Hit the “Connect” button to get the device connected to the network.
- Check if the error in DIRECTV GO is now fixed.
Tip: Test streaming DIRECTV GO using your mobile network to check whether your internet is what’s causing the problem.
Although it is rare, errors 1104, 1003, and 1101 can be caused by an account problem.
Account problems may include temporal suspension from accessing the profile or a permanent ban due to a violation or VPN use.
Relogging from your DIRECTV GO account will answer these questions for you:
- Press the Settings icon on the home screen of DIRECTV GO.
- Select “Log out”.
- Wait to be redirected to the login screen.
- Re-insert your account’s credentials.
- Hit the “Sign In” button on the screen beneath the password field.
- Check if you can stream any content now.
Note: In case a message appears when logging in, make sure to read it to know how to proceed next.
There is plenty of protection software nowadays and online streaming platforms are always against them.
DIRECTV GO doesn’t fall behind in security regarding location-altering software and VPNs that provide users with content that they originally don’t have access to.
Disabling a VPN on your mobile device can resolve 1101 with DIRECTV GO.
If you have an in-built VPN software on your mobile device, make sure to disable it or delete it until further notice.
Make sure that your phone and account in DIRECTV GO are in sync with your original (current location).
Alert: VPNs in DIRECTV GO can be banned if caught. It’s not recommended to use similar software on any online streaming platform.
An outdated version may also cause issues with the DIRECTV GO app and deliver error 1101 or error 1002.
If you get either of these errors, updating the DIRECTV GO application should get the problem with the connection resolved.
Follow these instructions to update the DIRECTV GO application on your mobile device:
- Open the App Store or Google Play on your device.
- Go to “Installed Applications”.
- Select “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Use the search field to locate DIRECTV GO.
- Press the search button and select DIRECTV GO.
- Press the “Update” button.
- Confirm the update.
- Wait for DIRECTV GO to update and test if the error persists.
Tip: Select Automatic Updates for DIRECTV GO to avoid this problem in the future.
Network issues are the most frequent reason for error 1101 on DIRECTV GO.
Even if your device is connected to cellular data or a Wi-Fi connection, if there is no internet on that wireless signal, your DIRECTV GO application won’t load any of the content.
Here are some fixes both for cellular and WiFi troubles:
- Restart the network device (router, modem, gateway).
- Reconnect all cables from the network device.
- Stop downloading, seeding, or uploading while testing.
- Move out of dead cellular zones (get at least 2 lines of signal).
- Purchase additional megabytes for your service data plan (if they run out).
- Reinsert your device’s SIM card (from the compartment on the side panel).
Based on what internet you’re using for DIRECTV GO, follow the appropriate fix solutions and test DIRECTV GO after each fix attempt.
Last but not least, you should reinstall the DIRECTV GO platform to get rid of the 1101 error.
A corrupted or glitched data may cause the platform to display this error upon playing content and by reinstalling the software, you will be able to resolve this problem.
Here’s how to reinstall DIRECTV GO on your device in easy steps:
- Open the storage of your mobile device.
- Go to “Applications”.
- Locate the DIRECTV GO app.
- Select “Functions”.
- Choose “Uninstall” to remove DIRECTV GO from your device.
- Once removed, head back into the app store of your device.
- Reinstall DIRECTV GO.
- Sign back into your account.
- Test streaming content to check if the issue is fixed.
Note: In addition, you can clear the cached data by going to Storage > Apps > DIRECTV GO > Clear Data > Clear Cache.
Hence, DIRECTV GO error 1101 appears when there is no connection to the servers or when the internet is bad. In addition, this error can appear when there is corrupted data in the application or whenever there is a problem with the account.
Read Next: How To Fix DirecTV Go Error 703?
Now that we know why DIRECTV GO error 1101 appears and how to solve the problem, we no longer have to experience these playback interruptions.
Keep in mind that when the problem is persistent and none of the solutions in this post helped, you can always contact DIRECTV GO for more help.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.