How can you recover a deleted Tinder account? This is a very common question among people seeking to start dating again.
For most people, the Tinder account becomes useless once they find a perfect match. When this happens, they may delete the account permanently or delete the app.
However, trouble strikes if a person decides to date again. If this is your situation, you are not alone.
To recover a deleted Tinder account, you will have to download the Tinder app again. If you deleted the account from inside Tinder, you will not be able to recover it. However, if you only deleted the app, you will recover everything. Even so, there are ways to recover Tinder messages.
Ideally, the only benefit you can get from your old Tinder account is old messages and matches. If you can get these, you may not need to restore the account.
Read further to learn more about recovering old accounts and know what can be salvaged.
Why Restore Deleted Tinder Account?
So how can you restore a deleted Tinder account and why? Essentially, an old Tinder account is as good as any other Tinder account. If you lost an old account, all you can do is open a new one.
However, if there is something specific in your old account, you might consider restoring it.
Some of the reasons why you may want to restore an old account are as follows.
- You want to recover important old messages that you do not have access to at the moment
- You want to reconnect with old matches
- You want to find a lost contact
- You want to start dating again
Note: While all of these factors are very important, they do not necessarily require you to get your old account.
Even so, there are a few things you can do to resolve the stated problems.
Solutions to Restoring Deleted Tinder Accounts
The solutions to recovering a deleted account are few. Even so, there are a few options you may opt for. Tinder recovers deleted accounts that have been blocked temporarily.
However, we have solutions you can use to access all your deleted accounts. Below are the main solutions.
Solution #1 Restore a Temporarily Deleted Account
The first factor you must consider is how your account was deleted. Your Tinder account can be deleted permanently or temporarily.
In temporary account deletion, all you do is stop it from functioning. In this case, you will no longer be visible online. You will also not receive notifications from Tinder.
If your account was temporarily halted or paused by choice, you can recover it. All you have to do is go to your Tinder settings and unpause it.
How to restore a Tinder account after temporarily closing it:
- Open the Tinder app or log in to your Tinder account on the web
- Tap on your Profile Icon once logged into the app
- Click on Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Delete Account
- Select Reactivate Account
- You will be asked to input your Tinder Password to activate the new setting
Note: Once you reactivate your account, your profile will instantly become active.
You should expect to start receiving messages and notifications.
Solution #2 Restore Old Tinder Application and Account
The second situation is where you actually deleted your Tinder application. In this case, you decided to get rid of your application because of one reason or another.
If this is your case, you do not have to worry. Your account is still intact. All you have to do is download the Tinder app again and try to log in.
If you have forgotten your old Tinder logins, request account recovery details. The details will be sent to your email and you can continue using Tinder again.
How to restore a Tinder account when an app is deleted:
- Go to the App Store and download the Tinder application
- Click on Login and enter your details
- If you have forgotten your password, click on Trouble Logging In
- Enter your email address and click on Send Reset Link
- Go to your mail inbox and click on the link sent by Tinder
- Now enter your Phone Number to verify your identity
- Enter a new password and Confirm it
- You can now log in to your account using your email and the newly created password
Note: This method of old account recovery is only possible if you have access to your email address.
Solution #3 Restore Messages From Deleted Tinder Accounts
If the above two options are not solving your problem, the only way out would be to download your old messages.
In this, you will either access your old tinder messages with old logins or through a friend’s account.
While this method does not allow you to restore the deleted account, it helps you restore important details such as names and contacts of old matches.
Here are the steps to restore deleted Tinder account messages:
- Visit the Tinder Portal for the restoration of old messages
- You will be taken to the Manage My Account page where you will be asked to log in
- You have to choose from one of the available login options ranging from Google, Facebook, and phone number. Select your preferred login method.
- If you deleted your account, you can either use your old account details or use your Facebook account
- As soon as you are safely logged in you will be taken to the Download My Information page
- Under this page, you will find a reddish button displaying the message Download My Information in capital letters
- Tap on this button to go to the Next Page
- Enter an email address where you will receive your old messages
- Confirm your email address then click on the Submit button and all your messages will be sent to your email.
Note: When you click on submit, you will receive an email link redirecting you to a page where you can read all your old messages.
How Can You Recover a Deleted Tinder Account
If you have permanently deleted Tinder account from the system, you can’t recover it. However, if you have only deleted your Tinder application, you can recover your account.
With that said, you do not have to recover your Tinder account to get the information you need. It is possible to get details such as contacts and user names by recovering the messages.
If you really want to get access to old messages, all you have to do is get access to old messages. This is an ideal way of recovering important Tinder information.
Alternatives to Recovering Deleted Tinder Account
If your Tinder account has been permanently deleted, you have so many alternatives.
There are many ways you can use either continue sending messages on tinder or get access to the old account.
Some of the alternatives are as follows:
- You can open a brand-new Tinder account with your old number and email. Tinder allows the opening of new accounts at any time as long as you are not using an email or number that is in use.
- Open a new Tinder account with a different phone number and email
- Recover your old messages from tinder using the recovery link in the steps above
- Restore your old account if the email and phone number are still linked to your account
Note: Each of the recovery options here depends on the exact cause of your account loss or deletion and the reasons why you would like to recover it.
So, how can you recover a deleted tinder account? The simple answer is you cannot recover a deleted Tinder account.
However, there are steps you can take to salvage some information from your account. If your account is only temporarily deleted, you can restore it by following the steps above.
Read Next: Tinder Notification Won’t Go Away? – Fixed
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.