So Xfinity Stream won’t work on Firestick and you’re looking for a fix?
The Xfinity app will refuse to work mainly due to connection problems or outdated software versions either on the app or your Firestick.
In this guide, we will address each possibility in order to determine what’s truly causing the error.
Let’s learn more!
To fix the Xfinity Stream app on Firestick, re-launch the application and then reboot your Firestick. Next, update the application’s firmware version and have your Firestick reconnected to the internet. Finally, reinstall the app and then reset your Firestick.
Now that we know what the solution includes, let’s learn more about the actual issue!
Multiple things could be preventing the Xfinity Stream app from working on your Firestick.
The issue could have something to do with storage problems all the way to connection and firmware issues with your Firestick and/or Xfinity application.
To summarize things up, here’s a list of what could possibly go wrong:
- A Network/WiFi issue with your Firestick device
- Outdated Firmware of the Xfinity application or Firestick
- Temporal startup bug that is preventing the app from working
- The Xfinity services for Firestick are currently down!
It’s important to remember that if the services to the Xfinity platform from Firestick have been cut off, the platform will be unavailable for a while.
If there is information on the exact up and down time, it will be listed on the official website of Xfinity under the section “Firestick”.
Without further ado, here’s what you could try on your end to fix the Xfinity app issue!
The solution includes a chronological list of solutions that will help us to identify the issue in the first place.
It’s important to follow the order of our solutions for the most efficiency!
Let’s jump right in!
In some cases, applications on your Firestick could be refusing to work due to a startup software glitch.
The best way to fight this issue off is to re-launch the Xfinity Stream app’s platform and then give your Firestick a reboot.
Follow these instructions to re-launch the Xfinity app and reboot your Firestick:
- Using your Firestick’s remote, close the Xfinity Stream application.
- Go to the Power Menu of your Firestick.
- Choose the “Reboot” option and wait for the sequence to undergo.
- Once your Firestick has finished rebooting, launch the Xfinity app.
- Sign into your account if the app hasn’t remember your login credentials.
- Check if the issue you were experiencing is still there.
Note: You could also unplug your Firestick from the TV for additional reboot efficiency.
If you’re running an outdated version of the Xfinity application, there’s a chance that issues like this would occur.
To make sure none of these issues prevent you from accessing the Xfinity Stream application, it’s best to keep the platform up to date!
Here’s how to update your Xfinity application to the latest available firmware:
- From your home screen, tap the Settings button to open the menu.
- Navigate to the “Applications” tab.
- Head to App Store.
- Search for the Xfinity Stream application from the list of available platforms.
- Once you’ve found the app, highlight it and choose “Update”.
- Wait for the application to finalize the update and renew the version.
Note: Make sure not to shut off, reboot, or unplug your Firestick during the update.
If the Xfinity Stream app is still refusing to work chances are that your Firestick has disconnected from the internet.
Like all online platforms, Xfinity too requires an active and reliable internet connection to grant you access to the available on-demand and live content.
Here’s how to get your Firestick connected to the internet in easy steps:
- Make sure that you’re on the Homepage of your Firestick.
- Navigate to Settings at the top of the tab.
- Head to Network.
- Wait for the Firestick scanner to locate all available WiFi networks nearby.
- Press on your home’s WiFi from the list of networks.
- Insert the correct network password for the WiFi.
- Press “Connect”.
- Wait for the Firestick to connect with the network.
Notice: Your Firestick may take a while to complete the connection. Be patient!
There’s a chance that this could be an Account Problem, rather than a direct issue with the Xfinity app. You should relog from the platform to test if the issue is with your account.
Relogging will only help users who are able to reach the home screen of the app!
Here’s how to relog from your Xfinity account in easy steps:
- From the home screen of the Xfinity app, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and locate the “Logout” Option.
- Select “Logout” and wait to be signed out of Xfinity.
- Once on the login screen, insert the required credentials into the fields.
- Press the “Login” Button once you have typed the login credentials.
- Wait to be signed into your account.
- Check if you’re able to stream any of the Xfinity content or if the app works.
Tip: If you’ve happened to forget your Xfinity username or password, use the “I Forgot My” button on the login screen.
The issue could also be occurring due to a simple data glitch.
Especially when the firmware of the application isn’t updated for a long time, this could result in the formation of corrupted data that will interrupt your access to the platform.
Alert: Reinstalling the app will refresh ALL settings and changes you’ve made so far!
Here’s how to reinstall the Xfinity application in easy steps:
- From the home screen of your Firestick, go to “Settings”.
- Head to “My Fire TV”.
- Select the Applications tab.
- Choose “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Select the Xfinity Stream app from the list of available apps.
- Choose “Uninstall”.
- Wait for the Xfinity app to be removed from your Firestick device.
Note: Keep in mind that in order to remove the Xfinity app from your Firestick, you must highlight it first and select “Uninstall” at the bottom of the page.
Although the reset is an end-measure to resolve your problem, you should still try it out before sharing the problem with Xfinity customer support.
There’s a chance that this issue is happening due to a fault in your Firestick software and operating system.
To perform a reset on your Firestick, follow these simple instructions:
- On the home screen of the Firestick, press the Settings Button at the top.
- Navigate to the “My Fire TV” tab within the sections.
- Scroll all the way down until you see a “Reset to Factory Defaults” option.
- Select the option.
- Next, finalize the reset by pressing the “Reset” Button at the bottom of the page.
- Wait for the Firestick to complete the software reset.
Alert: Performing a reset on your Firestick will result in permanent data loss.
Hence, the solution to the Xfinity Stream app problem on Firestick is to reboot the device and update the app’ software. Next, you will have to reconnect your Firestick to the WiFi and reset the device to factory defaults.
Read Next: Why is Xfinity Remote Not Changing Channels?
In this guide, we’ve learned why Xfinity Stream won’t work on Firestick and the most efficient way to address the problem.
If you’re still experiencing the same platform troubles, include the Xfinity support team by letting them know of this problem. Good luck!
Find more simple and easy solutions to your Xfinity problems, in our technical blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.