When the Xfinity Stream app not working on LG TV, there are quite a few things to try!
Common application problems with the Xfinity Stream app could usually occur, as a result of failed WiFi connection, an outdated app, or too much app cache.
In the upcoming guide, we’ll do our best to address all of these problems, as fast as possible.
Let’s start right away:
When the Xfinity Stream app is not working on the LG TV, start by power cycling the entire setup.
If the problem persists, check the internet connection of the television as well as update the software of the device, before performing a Factory Reset.
Keep reading to learn more helpful details regarding the Xfinity Stream app problem!
Why Is Xfinity Stream Not Working On LG TV?
To activate the Xfinity Stream app on your LG television, the device must meet particular software requirements.
Since the Xfinity platform was only introduced in 2018 for LG and Samsung televisions altogether, older models than that will not be able to stream the platform.
Here’s how to check your LG TV’s specifications and learn which models are compatible!
Xfinity Stream – Compatible LG TV:
You could get Xfinity Stream on the following LG TV models:
- 2021 LG TVs
- 2020 LG TVs, including the new WebOSTV 5.0 Software Version
- 2019 LG TVs
- Some 2018 TVs (released before the midterm of 2018)
To check the software version of your LG TV, follow this path:
- Go to Settings > All Settings > Support > General > About this TV
Reasons Why Xfinity Stream Not Working:
- Bad Internet Connection
- Outdated App Version
- Too Much App Cache/High Traffic
Keep reading to learn how to solve this problem in a matter of minutes!
Xfinity Stream App Not Working On LG TV – Fixed Easily!
After making sure that your LG TV is compatible to stream the Xfinity application, it’s time to try a thing or two to troubleshoot the platform.
Remain invested in our guide to find out all possible ways to address platform and application problems with your LG TV. Let’s start!
Solution #1 Force Close Xfinity & Restart TV
We’ll start off with something nice and simple, such as restarting your TV along with the Xfinity app.
Especially if you’re getting the “black screen of death” when you try to access the Xfinity app, this solution is sure to give proper results once executed.
Follow these simple steps to restart the Xfinity app and your LG TV:
- Use your LG TV Remote to exit the Xfinity Stream app (if it’s running).
- Aim the remote towards your TV and press the “Power” button.
- Once your TV has shut down, unplug it from the power.
- Wait for 60 seconds, while your LG TV is disconnected from the outlet.
- Reattach the power cord of the TV into power.
- Use the remote to turn on your LG TV.
- Access the Xfinity Stream app, from the home screen of your TV.
- Test the application…
By keeping your LG TV disconnected for a certain amount of time, you’ll refresh the software of the device, along with the hardware.
Many users opt that “power cycling” so it’s worth trying!
Note: If you’ve managed to launch the Xfinity app, let it load for 1 - 2 minutes!
Solution #2 Check LG TV’s Internet Connection
As you know, Xfinity Stream along with all streaming applications in general, require a reliable internet connection in order to function.
If your LG TV got disconnected from the WiFi or there was an interruption in the connection, it’s likely that the Xfinity Stream app will stop working.
- Your WiFi must meet the minimum requirements, for optimal usage!
Here’s how to set up the WiFi connection of your LG TV:
- Press the Smart Button on your LG TV Remote.
- Hit the Settings Icon and press “OK”.
- Choose “Network” and then select “WiFi Connection”.
- Your LG Smart TV will attempt to localize nearby WiFi connections.
- Once your home network has been found, select it.
- Enter the WiFi Password for your home network.
- Press the “Connect” button.
If the connection has been successfully set up, a “Connected” message will appear on your TV’ screen.
Any issues with the network should be addressed to the ISP, if they envelop all of your connected devices and not only your TV.
Solution #3 Clear the App Cache of the Xfinity App
If you’re still having issues with the Xfinity application after mending to your WiFi connection, it’s probably the app cache causing trouble.
There’s a possibility for all smart LG TVs to clear the app cache individually, for any applications that are experiencing launch or functionality troubles.
Here’s how to clear the app cache of the Xfinity Stream app in easy steps:
- From the home screen of your TV, press the Apps Icon.
- Choose “Application Manager” in the “Device Section” menu.
- Locate the Xfinity Stream Application from the menu and press on it.
- Tap the “Storage” icon from the menu.
- Select “Clear Cache” and “Clear System Data” for the Xfinity app.
- Exit the storage menu.
- Test the Xfinity Stream Application…
Once you’ve cleared the cache of the Xfinity app, feel free to test the platform’s functionality and you’ll be able to access the app from the home screen of your TV.
Note: After clearing the app cache of the Xfinity app, you will be signed out!
Solution #4 Update Xfinity Stream/Your LG TV
Chances are that either your LG TV is running an outdated software version or the Xfinity Stream app.
In this solution, we’ll address both of these problems, by separately updating the firmware of the Xfinity app and your LG Smart TV.
Let’s start with the Xfinity app first!
How to Update the Xfinity Stream App:
- Use your LG TV remote to enter the LG Content Store from the home screen.
- Tap on the “My Page” icon, at the bottom of the application.
- On the next page, search for the “Update All” button at the top.
- Press the button.
If updating the Xfinity app didn’t solve the problem, let’s get the TV updated as well!
How to Update your LG TV’ Software:
- Go to the Settings of your LG TV.
- Select “All Settings” and then head to “General”.
- Press on “About this TV”.
- Choose “Check for Updates”.
- If the checker came out positive, press on “Update” to start and wait…
While updating your TV’s application or the TV itself, do not interact with the device. Shutting down the TV or canceling any of the processes, could result in further software complications.
Alert: Stable internet is required to update both the Xfinity app and your LG TV.
Solution #5 Reinstall the Xfinity Platform
If nothing worked so far, you should remove the Xfinity platform from your LG TV and then install it again.
This way you’ll address any software problems with the application and the interface files of Xfinity Stream that could be causing the problem.
- Remember that reinstalling Xfinity Stream will erase all in-app settings!
Here’s how to reinstall the Xfinity app on your LG TV:
- Go into the Application Manager on your LG TV.
- Highlight the Xfinity Stream app in order to remove it.
- Long press the App Tile to start the Edit Mode.
- Press the “Edit App List” icon, at the bottom of the page.
- Choose “Remove this Application” to start the process.
- After uninstalling the app, head into the LG Content Store.
- Locate the Xfinity Stream app again and download it.
- Wait for the Xfinity app to be installed on your TV.
Alert: While the app is downloaded or installed, do not shut off your LG TV.
To take care of the Xfinity Stream app not working on LG TV problem, check the internet connection of your TV and update the software of the Xfinity app.
Another effective method is to erase the cache of all apps and cleanly reinstall Xfinity Stream!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.