If your Xfinity stream app not showing all channels there is something preventing you from reaching these channels. Luckily for you, there is more than one fix and we’re here to make it simple for you!
To discover the missing channels on Xfinity Stream app, you should restart the app and reboot the device you’re watching through. Moreover, you can re-install the entire app, re-logging into your account and if nothing works, inspect your internet connection.
Before going into the details about all this, let’s first learn more about the possible causes and how to address each of them!
Channels might be “missing” if you’re not familiar well enough with what your subscription plan offers.
It is possible that you think you’re missing channels, while they are simply not included in your account so if you’re not entirely sure what your subscription is offering it is better to check before you continue.
Once you’ve got that sorted out, let’s take a look at what else could prevent your channels from appearing:
Corrupted account data may make certain channels temporarily unavailable on your Xfinity Stream TV app.
Lost or damaged app data might also conceal the available channels in your Xfinity stream app.
Channels not included in your subscription will not be available when viewing them from the Xfinity stream app either.
If your device has no internet connection available, you won’t be able to view any of your Xfinity channels through the official app.
Problem with Channel
At last, an issue with the channel itself will make it temporarily unavailable for you.
With that in mind, you can now confidently proceed with applying the best solutions available and hopefully resolve your issue.
Once you’ve taken a peek at the causes above, try turning the Xfinity channel on and then off before you start. Sometimes a temporal issue might make the channel unavailable, and it is worth the try in case you’re facing an unexpected glitch.
If you already tried restarting the channel and it didn’t help, let’s proceed with the solutions.
It is possible that you’re not receiving all channels due to a malfunction with the channel itself.
You can try switching to other channels to see if that will help, as this way you will refresh the current channel list of your Xfinity streaming app.
If it does not work, you can scan for channels to see if that will help:
- Make sure that your Xfinity is turned ON.
- Press the Menu button on the remote (or the inbuilt Menu button).
- Navigate for Channel Scan and press on it.
- The channel scan option could be labeled differently on different models (Tune, Re-scan, Auto-tune).
- Wait for the scan to complete (it could take up to 10 minutes).
- Check for new channels.
Note: If you cannot find a Channel Scan option, go through the menus to locate where the Antenna scan would be and use it to discover channels.
The next thing against the issue where Xfinity stream app not showing live TV would be to perform a restart on ALL devices included in the setup.
Here are some easy steps in case you’re not familiar with the process:
- Minimize the app to the system tray.
- Open the system tray and with a right-click, exit the app.
- Once the app has finished closing, open the Windows menu and reboot your device.
- Wait for the reboot to complete.
- Open the app and check if the issue is resolved.
Here is how to reboot the Xfinity app on smartphones:
- Press the home button on your device.
- Remove the Xfinity app from the temporal RAM storage.
- Reboot your device by holding down the power button for several seconds.
- Re-open the app and check for the issue.
Having all devices restarted can exclude the possibility of a temporal software glitch preventing you from discovering the channels. It is now recommended to carry out another channel scan to check if the restart helped.
If rebooting your entire workflow wasn’t enough to terminate the issue, then perhaps you may be going through some internet connection outages.
Note: If your internet connection is constantly compromised by drops and outages, your Xfinity channels may not be available.
To check for an internet connection, open another device connected to your home network and identify whether it has a signal or not.
If you’ve figured out you have no internet connection, you can try two things:
- Power cycle router – First try power cycling your router. Turn the device off, unplug the power adapter, wait for 5 minutes and connect the device again.
- Check router range – Ensure your device is in a considerable range from the router.
- Call your ISP – If you are unable to resolve your network issues, feel free to call your Internet Service Supplier (ISP).
In case you’ve solved or there are no internet connection issues but the channels are still missing, let’s proceed with the next solutions.
Another thing you can try to fix the Xfinity stream app not showing all channels is to re-log your account. To relog your Xfinity account, please follow the steps down below:
- Click the Cogwheel on your Xfinity app and select the logout option.
- Wait for several seconds until you’re redirected to the Login screen.
- Enter your credentials and click on the Login button.
- (Optional) Tick the Remember me feature, so next time you won’t have to type your credentials all over again.
In case you’re unable to log into your Xfinity contact, make sure to send a ticket for password refresh or contact customer support.
It is possible that your current Xfinity subscription doesn’t contain a portion of the channels you are looking for.
It is good to advise the customer support team on the webpage for further association regarding your subscription.
If you’re looking forward to checking the subscription yourself, however, you must log in to the Xfinity website with your credentials and review all contents of your current Xfinity account.
As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset if you’re using an Xfinity cable box.
It might seem like a drastic measure but clean installing its operating system might be the key to resolve the missing channels issue.
Note: The only concern is that after the factory reset ALL personal settings will be reverted to their defaults.
In other words, it is recommended to backup anything you would like to restore after the reset.
- Ensure that the Xfinity is turned ON.
- Take the remote and press the Power button, then hold.
- While holding press the Menu button to open the User Settings menu.
- Using the remote’s arrow keys, select Restore Defaults.
- Press OK to confirm and wait for the reset to complete.
Once the reset is over, you might need to carry out the initial setup but once ready you can instantly check if the issue is resolved.
Simply scan for channels (use solution #1 for reference) and hopefully all missing channels will now be discovered.
If your Xfinity Stream TV app isn’t showing channels, first try rebooting the app and your device then try to re-log into your account. If that doesn’t work, troubleshoot your internet connection and determine whether your Xfinity subscription contains the corresponding channels you’re looking for.
Read Next: Why Xfinity Local Channels are Not Working?
Now that you know why is Xfinity streaming app not showing all channels, you can easily troubleshoot the cause with easy solutions.
If it doesn’t work however and you’re left wondering what to do at the end, reaching out for further assistance from Xfinity customer support is always an effective approach!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.