The Xfinity RDK 03013 error is one of the “RDK” codes mainly indicating a fault with the TV service or in other words the “input”.
In that set of thoughts, there are quite a few different possibilities that concern both your setup and the Xfinity service provider. Let’s learn more!
Whenever Xfinity error RDK “03013” appears, it’s clear that the TV box is not receiving a signal for one reason or another.
The solution is to perform a thorough inspection of all related components such as coaxial cable, coaxial outlet, TV box input, and even more!
Let’s unwrap the reasons why RDK 03013 appears on Xfinity TV Box.
8 Reasons for Xfinity Error Code RDK-03013!
- There is a service outage in your area.
- There is no signal from the coax outlet.
- Coaxial cable TV box connection issue.
- Low power Xfinity cable box restarting.
- Outdated Xfinity box system firmware.
- Billing problem or suspended account.
- Channels are not authorized for watching.
- A software-related Xfinity TV box issue.
Try This First!
The very first step should be to test whether error RDK 03013 appears on all channels and streams and try to identify any pattern in the code’s occurrence.
This approach would help you identify which of the troubleshooting steps below would be best to attempt first.
How To Fix the Xfinity RDK 03013 Error in Minutes!
Tip: Follow the steps in chronological order for the best results!
1. Check for Service Outage
To identify whether the problem is on the service provider’s side, it’s best to check if there are any ongoing outages in your local area.
The best way to do so (when using Xfinity’s service) is to check the Xfinity Outage Map and input your service address for better allocation.
You would be provided with accurate information on the most recent planned and unplanned outages in your local area.
Be informed that outages might last for hours at a time so be patient.
Note: If you’re not using Xfinity TV services and your coax is delivering a signal from another supplier to the Xfinity box, then contact the respective instance for assistance.
2. Inspect the Coax Connection!
One of the most frequent reasons for RDK 03013 on Xfinity TV boxes is an interruption in the coax connection between the wall outlet and cable box.
The fault could be in the outlet as well as in the Coax cable or the Coax Input on the Xfinity TV box.
Follow the steps below to perform a thorough Coax connection inspection:
- Turn off the Xfinity TV cable box.
- Unplug the cable from the outlet.
- Disconnect the coax from the wall.
- Also, unplug the coax from the box.
- Clean the TV box port from obstructions.
- Inspect both coax connection ports.
- Tightly connect the coax on both sides.
When you’re ready, reconnect the power and turn on the Xfinity TV box and check whether the error RDK 03013 would appear. If yes, then proceed with the next step in the guide!
3. Power Cycle Xfinity TV Box!
One of the most efficient and effortless methods is to power cycle the Xfinity TV box in order to refresh all services and hopefully remove unreasonable RDK errors.
The power circulation will not delete anything on the cable box so it’s safe to proceed without worrying!
- Turn off and disconnect the Xfinity TV box from the power for 3 minutes!
In the meantime, check whether the TV box is connected to a power strip and if yes, connect the adapter directly to the wall.
This would provide enough time for the TV box to reboot, cool down and hopefully remove any minor problems that could be causing the RDK 03013 error.
4. Force a Firmware Update!
The reason why Xfinity RDK 03013 error appears could be due to outdated system firmware of the TV box, hence missing essential scripts and hotfixes.
This ultimately leads to other issues and only service errors so it’s best to perform an update as soon as possible.
Updating Xfinity equipment is easier than even so jump into the steps:
- Grab the Xfinity TV box remote!
- Press the Up button twice.
- Then press 2 – 3 – 4 – 7 – 6.
- The Xfinity TV box should update.
Info: Users claim that forcing a firmware update every now and then keeps the TV box optimized and better performing over time.
5. Check Your Xfinity Account
The reason why error RDK 03013 appears could be due to a limitation enwrapped on your account due to a variety of reasons
. What you can do at home is to Sign to Xfintiy with ID, and go to your Profile Icon on the top, to check the Billing Details.
Check for Billing Alerts!
Any unpaid dues towards the Xfinity cable service would result in inaccessible channels and RDK errors upon attempting to stream.
This is why you need to check for any alerts and clear them as soon as possible. In addition, check whether there are any limitations on the account.
Tip: You can contact Xfinity Chat to ask the Xfinity Assistant any account-related questions!
6. Check Internet Connection (On-Demand)
In case you’re facing an RDK Xfinity error while attempting to stream on-demand content, then it’s possible that the internet connection is weak or not there.
Hence, the best next step would be to reboot the network router and ensure that the WiFi or internet is not congested.
To optimize the internet connection you could disconnect unused devices from the WiFi and prevent streaming high-quality or downloading content.
This will guarantee good and fast internet for the Xfinity cable box and flawless streaming without any interruption.
Info: It’s also important to inspect whether the Ethernet cable between the router and Xfinity TV box is not loose, disconnected, or faulty.
The Ethernet cable would be blinking when working!
7. Factory Reset Xfinity TV Box
The factory reset is a process that erases all information, data, content, and settings on your TV box and cleanly reinstalls the operating system.
This could be extremely beneficial for users that are experiencing the RDK-03013 Xfinity with no avail.
Note: On different Xfinity TV box models, the way to perform a reset is different!
How to Factory Reset Xfinity X1:
- Press the A button on the Xfinity remote.
- Navigate to the Help tab and go to Settings.
- Select the “System Refresh” option.
- The reset might last up to 10 minutes!
How to Factory Reset XfinityBrie (Xi6):
- Make sure that the Xfinity box is working.
- Press the Menu + Power button on the remote.
- Don’t release and also press “UP + DOWN”.
- Release when the menu appears on the screen.
- Then select “Restore Defaults” and hit “OK”.
How To Factory Reset Xfinity Flex:
- While the TV box is working, press the WPS button.
- Hold for 15 seconds until the LEDs change color.
- The Disaster Recovery Image will load next.
- The Xfinity TV box would continue the reset.
- Wait for the TV box to restart after the process.
Info: In case you couldn’t find your Xfinity TV box here, simply consult the user’s manual for exact instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
8. Refresh Xfinity Equipment Online!
One of the final methods that you could attempt at home is to refresh your Xfinity equipment through the Xfinity web page.
You only need to sign in as we’ve discussed in the earlier steps and then go to Account > Support > Troubleshoot…
From there select the troubleshooting method and click on the “Start Troubleshooting” button.
Then, simply leave the tool to do its job and refresh your Xfinity service, which might take time based on the speed of your internet so be patient.
In case you couldn’t find a resolution to the RDK issue on your Xfinity TV box the best next step would be to seek qualified assistance.
First, double-check for any service outages in your area, and then contact Xfinity Customer Service for an inspection of your account and further help!
Tip: Share everything that you’ve attempted in this guide to save as much time as possible!
Hence, the Xfinity RDK 03013 means that there is no signal from the supplier (coax cable) or there is an internet software-related error with the TV box.
To solve the issue we need to inspect all cables as well as force a TV box update, and refresh the Xfinity equipment.