Vodafone Super WiFi Booster not connecting to WiFi? The solution takes just 1 minute!
Although Vodafone has made it as simple as possible in regard to booster installation, there are still some things we should discuss.
There are plenty of states that the setup must go through which may not be mentioned in Vodafone’s official guide.
Let’s learn more!
To fix a Vodafone Super WiFi Booster that won’t connect, Power Cycle the device for a fresh start. Next, update and reinstall the Broadband Vodafone app and reset your internet connection. In case nothing helps, Factory Reset the WiFi booster and test!
We’re going to review each of the methods in detail, but first, let’s check the setup!
Setting up the Vodafone super WiFi booster has been made really easy by Vodafone!
In fact, once you get the Vodafone Broadband app and press “Add Device”, you’re done!
To make sure that you’re not letting any mistakes slip by, we will guide you through the guide once again.
This time you can be confident that you’re doing things right!
- On your mobile, Download and Install the Vodafone Broadband app.
- Start the app and Create an Account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your router.
- Once the router is paired, choose “Super WiFi Installation Guide”.
- Select the “+” button at the top.
- Press on your booster’s model.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your WiFi.
- Failed Connection with the router and the Vodafone app
- Too Much Distance between your phone and booster
- A Power Problem with the booster device.
When there appears to be a problem, we need a solution guide so let’s jump right in!
Fixing your booster’s connectivity throttles is going to be really easy as long as you follow our methods!
Apply each instruction a chronological order and test the functionality of your booster very often.
Let’s now proceed with the methods!
Power Issues are not something you want to stick around in your setup for too long!
Assuming you’ve just recently installed the booster, chances are that it’s experiencing power fluctuations.
This could prevent the device from connecting to WiFi or Vodafone’s Broadband application.
A quick and easy fix to this problem is to Power Cycle the WiFi Booster!
A power cycle on the booster would be like this:
- Press the Power Button on the WiFi Booster.
- Wait for the device to shut down.
- Unplug the device’s Power Cord.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the booster is disconnected.
- Reattach the power cable of the device to the source.
- Turn on the WiFi Booster.
In addition to power cycling the booster, you should also unplug your router in case there are power fluctuations there as well.
This will verify your network’s functionality!
Tip: Test your power outlet, strip or divider before connecting the Vodafone WiFi Booster!
Another simple mistake is that users often provide incorrect details during the setup.
During the WiFi Booster setup within the Vodafone Broadband application, there are a few essential bits of data you must get correct. Let’s learn more about these details!
Vodafone App Connection Details for Verification:
- The WiFi Password of the network
- The Hostname of the network
- The Frequency (GHz) of the WiFi connection
- Any Toggled Settings of the network upon connection
Our best suggestion at this point is to pay attention to all of the details you could see on your screen during setup.
In case everything appears to be OK, jump to the next step!
Note: The default password value of your WiFi is printed on the bottom panel of the router!
This solution will only help users who have multiple Wi-Fi threads! Chances are that there is a channeling problem with one of your Vodafone WiFi threads.
Since this problem could only be fixed by Vodafone themselves, you should instead attempt to pair your WiFi Booster to the other available broadband.
Let’s learn how to do this!
You simply need to repeat the Setup Process but choose another WiFi frequency!
For example, switch from the 5Ghz to the 2.4Ghz thread of your network router. Also, remember that the other WiFi thread may have a different hostname and password.
Use only updated connection details to complete the pairing of your Vodafone WiFi Booster to the app!
Note: Test and verify that your internet connection and WiFi are intact.
Although the WiFi Booster is used to extend a WiFi’s coverage, it must still be placed close to the network device.
Even when installed close to or next to the network device, you wouldn’t lose much value in regard to how much your WiFi’s range will get extended.
However, placing the booster next to the router will verify that signal is reaching the device!
The WiFi booster must be 7 – 10 meters away from the router!
Installing the WiFi booster somewhere nearby the router will also allow you to manage your network easily and efficiently.
Instead of wandering around your house interacting with each network device individually, you will have them all in the same place.
Note: Look at the LED indicators on the WiFi booster. If they are lit, the device has a signal.
There’s probably an issue with the Vodafone Broadband App, impacting the WiFi booster!
- In case the Vodafone Broadband is freshly installed on your device, skip!
What you could do regarding this problem is have the Broadband application reinstalled from your mobile device.
This will clear the app’s cache along with corrupted data or incorrect settings configuration.
Let’s learn how to reinstall the Broadband app in an easy manner!
- Access the Settings on your mobile.
- Head to the Apps Section.
- Locate the Vodafone Broadband app within the list.
- Start an Uninstall process for the app.
- Wait for the platform to be removed.
- Launch the App Store/Google Play on your mobile.
- Download the application once again.
- Complete the required steps to set up the app.
Removing the Broadband application from your device will cause your router to disconnect. You will have to redo the setup at the start of the guide. Only then test connecting the WiFi Booster.
Allow the Automatic Updates function for the Vodafone Broadband app!
When the Vodafone Super WiFi booster not connecting, we need a Factory Reset!
This is the ultimate solution that is most likely to solve the problem.
This method is helpful since connection issues could either be on your router’s side or because of the WiFi Booster.
How to reset Vodafone Super WiFi Booster:
- Locate the Reset Button on the back of the booster.
- Press and hold the button for 10 Seconds.
- Wait for the LED to flash in white.
- Set up the Vodafone WiFi Booster!
How to reset Vodafone (or other) routers:
- Turn ON your network router!
- Locate the Reset Pinhole on the back of the device.
- Insert a sharp object into the hole.
- Push the Reset Button for 10 seconds.
Now when your network is cleanly reset, we have the opportunity to attempt the setup one last time.
You can find the setup tutorial at the start of the guide so scroll up now and test.
In case your Vodafone WiFi Booster is still not connecting, even if you attempted everything in this guide so far, you need some professional help.
Jump into the Vodafone Support Centre, to report your problem. Perhaps the Vodafone WiFi Booster is faulty. Good Luck!
Hence, when Vodafone WiFi Booster won’t connect, we need to Power Cycle the device and our network equipment. The next step is to reinstall the Vodafone App and verify all details used in the setup. As a last resort, reset both your Router and WiFi Booster!
The “Vodafone super WiFi booster not connecting” should now be clear as a day to you!
We hope that now you know what’s causing the problem, what’s wrong with your setup and how to properly approach the issue.
In case you’re still experiencing issues with your Vodafone Super WiFi Booster, we would strongly suggest seeking professional help!
Read Next: Virgin Media WiFi Booster Setup Guide
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.